how has the internet affected the "sneaker game"?

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Made Nike more money. And made me have less.
tongue.gif

yes it did, good lookin on my post
I hope something will happen that improves the situation, but I would bet it would just get worse

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Made Nike more money. And made me have less.
tongue.gif

yes it did, good lookin on my post
I hope something will happen that improves the situation, but I would bet it would just get worse

I think its great for younger people... I was a kid during the Jordan Era .. so Ive grown out of all my shoes from back then and got rid of them... being able to cop shoes from back in the day brings back so many memories and wouldnt be possible without the internet... Im not a "re-seller" I only do this for a hobby.. so I enjoy being able to scroll the buy/sell forums... every now and then I come across pretty good deals... I think its helped..

I think its great for younger people... I was a kid during the Jordan Era .. so Ive grown out of all my shoes from back then and got rid of them... being able to cop shoes from back in the day brings back so many memories and wouldnt be possible without the internet... Im not a "re-seller" I only do this for a hobby.. so I enjoy being able to scroll the buy/sell forums... every now and then I come across pretty good deals... I think its helped..

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

go ask all the heads in the 80s, 90s, and even early 00s, and they'll tell you that they hunted for kicks....the internet has allowed a large amount of heads to get shoes just by going on ebay and buying them, that takes no skill at allm it just takes patients and money....back in the day people actually had to go to shops and aks for old pairs, they had to find pairs, the internet has taken the fun out of sneakers, at least this aspect.....sure we have NT and can discuss stuff, but imo the sneaker culture was much better before the internet.

go ask all the heads in the 80s, 90s, and even early 00s, and they'll tell you that they hunted for kicks....the internet has allowed a large amount of heads to get shoes just by going on ebay and buying them, that takes no skill at allm it just takes patients and money....back in the day people actually had to go to shops and aks for old pairs, they had to find pairs, the internet has taken the fun out of sneakers, at least this aspect.....sure we have NT and can discuss stuff, but imo the sneaker culture was much better before the internet.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Not sure who you've been talkin to- but it was easy for me to get jordans, shaq's, kemp's, griffey's, barkley's, dave robinson's- at my local mall back in the early - mid 90's.
How old are you? elcerrito91     im guessing you were born in 91- which would make you less than 10 when the internet craze was jumping off. Either way times have changed - and I still love my sneakers- do you guys love yours?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Not sure who you've been talkin to- but it was easy for me to get jordans, shaq's, kemp's, griffey's, barkley's, dave robinson's- at my local mall back in the early - mid 90's.
How old are you? elcerrito91     im guessing you were born in 91- which would make you less than 10 when the internet craze was jumping off. Either way times have changed - and I still love my sneakers- do you guys love yours?

you know what im sayin though, it actually took some skill to build a dope collection, now the internet basically does that job for people. thats why its bad for the culture, in that respect.   People could say that we can now communicate better, which is true, but sites like these which highlight leaks and upcoming stuff, take the shock value out of the shoes, when back then you just saw the shoe in the store and didnt have the opportunity to see it months in advance.

you know what im sayin though, it actually took some skill to build a dope collection, now the internet basically does that job for people. thats why its bad for the culture, in that respect.   People could say that we can now communicate better, which is true, but sites like these which highlight leaks and upcoming stuff, take the shock value out of the shoes, when back then you just saw the shoe in the store and didnt have the opportunity to see it months in advance.

to each his own

but to this thread(not sure why it was in the showcase forum in the first place) but im sure op's little project is done now- the internet has affected everything:

oh, and everything tru, illphilip and mayhem said

to each his own

but to this thread(not sure why it was in the showcase forum in the first place) but im sure op's little project is done now- the internet has affected everything:

oh, and everything tru, illphilip and mayhem said

Back
Top Bottom