How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

Can't believe it's about to be over...

The last leg of this season had me tearing up multiple times. Can't wait to see what the finale delivers.

I still think the Mother is dead, otherwise they would've hinted at it again if they were trying to pull a fast one. If they pulled a fast one all in one ep it would feel cheap.

Last edited:
The running gags is what I will miss the most. Running gags when theyre funny are awesome.

That timeline is epic

Lily has her moments early on, but she became my most disliked character very quickly. I never really liked her anger and "everyone is afraid of her" character traits... plus I think I'll always be annoyed she ditched out on Marshall :lol:

At Mcgee's, the bar MacLaren's was based on. Hopefully somebody from the cast shows up. It's already full of Himym fans. There's a dude here in a suit and a ducky tie rotf

FX has been showing random episodes all day today, I've enjoyed just having it on in the background while I read all my various finale related HIMYM articles and that Inside the Actor's Studio episode.. the singing at the end was the best :lol:

I didn't watch this show from the beginning, so there's not the strong sentimental pull for me, but I have seen all the episodes and I've watched the show live the past 3-4 seasons. I will very much miss it, though. It's been a fun ride and I appreciate the show's uniqueness. The AV Club article said
It’s Friends with single-camera elements; it’s Arrested Development that panders to the masses; it’s Seinfeld with a premise; it’s Lost with studio-audience laughter.

It did a few different things that made it really enjoyable to watch and feel fresh and original. One part hangout sitcom with twenty/thirtysomethings... one part romantic comedy movie.. one part single-camera flashback/flashforward show.. it was a lot of fun. I'm really interested to see what the finale has in store and I'm sure it won't be perfect, but it'll be good enough and feel like a great conclusion.

:lol: me and my fiancee have been doing the same thing since noon. I realized I'll miss it after watching the ITAS interview. I was on the floor with that. I'm really hoping it ends well all around.

I was telling her earlier, I think Season 1 might be top for me. That 3-4 episode stretch when he goes to the wedding and meets Victoria, when Lily and Marshall are stuck in the bathroom and game night are so great to me :lol:

I forgot how much I loved the early seasons after dealing with some of the recent subpar/average seasons.. they're really great. I'll probably go through and rewatch the early stuff pretty soon. I need a new show to binge watch in the background while I sit on my computer.. and HIMYM is kind of perfect for that.

I'm definitely buying the complete series on blu ray

Show was my favorite of my 20s. Started when I was 21 and ends when I'm 29 now. And I can honestly say that I watched the very first epsiode aired on TV all the way through the end. This was before netflix or streaming online was even a thought. Yes, the last few seasons weren't as good as the first few. However, the show overall had so much truth about life. That's why I like the show.

It's cool when a show lines up with your life like that... even if you didn't spend your 20s looking for "the one" :lol: it still probably hit home a lot, I know it does for me even though I didn't watch it live from the beginning.

I forgot how much I loved the early seasons after dealing with some of the recent subpar/average seasons.. they're really great. I'll probably go through and rewatch the early stuff pretty soon. I need a new show to binge watch in the background while I sit on my computer.. and HIMYM is kind of perfect for that.

i do this with FRIENDS already and will probably do the same with HIMYM.

really do forget how great the first seasons of this show were.

as lackluster as its been over the last few seasons, i will miss this show greatly.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you.. I recently finished going through the whole series of Friends :lol:

I started watching the early seasons because I was bummed out and wanted something funny and easy to throw on and watch.. then I just kept "watching" through the end because "What the hell, I already made it this far" :lol:

and it begins 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom