How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

TRACY 
pimp.gif

They did the mother dirty.

eemm the kids dont care

Last edited:
They can not be serious. They can not be serious. THEY CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!

No idea why they made the ending Ted/Robin.

Sucks that they never really shed light on the Mother getting sick.

Well, there you guys go.

I'm glad I stopped watching a long time ago and saw this last episode. I didn't waste my time :lol:

COMPLETE & UTTER BULL ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed a few parts like when Barney and Robin got divorced but I'm not even mad or eager to re-watch given this ending.

They really thought they could get around that roadblock argument Ted and Robin had seasons back about her not wanting kids and wanting to travel the world and Ted wanting kids and really not being down to just up and move to Argentina.

They really thought killing the mother just so ted could get with Robin in his 50s or w/e was a good ending

:smh: :x :stoneface:

SICKENING!

Everyone's reaction on IMDB/Reddit is negative.

There goes any lead-in success for How I Met Your Dad.

Everyone's reaction on IMDB/Reddit is negative.

There goes any lead-in success for How I Met Your Dad.
How would this show even go now, knowing full well that she dies.

Why can no shows ever end correctly. WHY. Its like they want to anger people.

Ehh.. I don't think I mind it.

The story itself is fine. Just because the mother dies doesn't make the search for her less important.. doesn't make her and Ted less great together.. etc. And Ted and Robin ending up together isn't the worst. That's how sitcoms do it, on/off again.. end up together.. whatever.

But how they did it was bad. How many episodes and storylines did we go through of Ted getting over Robin? How much of this season was devoted to showing how amazing the mother was? How quickly did we get "Mom's dead, go after Aunt Robin". Give me a little less of them early on and devote more than 3 minutes to the final montage. The story was fine, but this should have been handled better. We get the hint of the mother's death a couple times.. we get her "sick" then the kids casually say "Mom's been gone 6 years".. nahh.. that's just cold and weak writing

I'm looking forward to post-series interviews to see inside the minds of the creators and cast. I'm looking forward to the AV Club's comment section and all the blogs later.. I'm sure they'll hate it.

What I disliked was the finale lost a lot of it's impact to me. I don't think great finales necessarily have a "twist" the last 3 minutes.. even Friends pushed it a bit with Ross/Rachel getting back together, but that happened and then the moment had time to breathe. This happened and it just goes to credits. What I didn't like was we spent so many moments getting past Robin and Ted.. this whole season loving the mother.. only to have it reversed at the last second and they go "Here's your big emotional moment" It just didn't land.

Last edited:
Ehh.. I don't think I mind it.

The story itself is fine. Just because the mother dies doesn't make the search for her less important.. doesn't make her and Ted less great together.. etc. And Ted and Robin ending up together isn't the worst. That's how sitcoms do it, on/off again.. end up together.. whatever.

But how they did it was bad. How many episodes and storylines did we go through of Ted getting over Robin? How much of this season was devoted to showing how amazing the mother was? How quickly did we get "Mom's dead, go after Aunt Robin". Give me a little less of them early on and devote more than 3 minutes to the final montage. The story was fun, but this should have been handled better. We get the hint of the mother's death a couple times.. we get her "sick" then the kids casually say "Mom's been gone 6 years".. nahh.. that's just cold and weak writing

I'm looking forward to post-series interviews to see inside the minds of the creators and cast. I'm looking forward to the AV Club's comment section and all the blogs later.. I'm sure they'll hate it.
There it is. This show has such good writing and they did such a poor job settling this when they have "had this planned for years"
indifferent.gif

This entire season felt like a waste of time for them to end this way.

Last edited:
I'm also pissed they spent this entire final season on Barney's and Robin's wedding only to have them divorce later. Like really there was no ******* point. Could've spent 3 eps on it then the rest of the season building up Tracy and Ted even if they were gonna kill her.

Not showing Barney's baby mom makes no sense. They could've at least gave us a surprise guest there like Ellen Degeneres :lol:

How would this show even go now, knowing full well that she dies.

Why can no shows ever end correctly. WHY. Its like they want to anger people.
Note: How I Met Your Dad is a whole new cast (not HIMYM cast) and storyline.

Back
Top Bottom