How iconic is Prince?

Originally Posted by SDS45

Prince takes an amazing song and devours it like only he can
pimp.gif

one of my favorite artists of all time

plus he's the chuck norris of poon, dude dove into more dimes then Scrooge McDuck
scrooge-mcduck.jpg

that was sick. That's probably my favorite Beatles' song ever, so hearing that was a real treat. Thanks for posting.

Prince also hates guitar hero...he says it keeps kids from picking up actual instruments.
Truth
pimp.gif

Looking at these videos its evident that dude gets high off of music. Crazy passion for what he does.
Something common in the greatest artists of all time.

Remember Sheena Easton?She was this innocent (more or less) pop singer before she met Prince....Next thing u know,she's singing about her Sugar Walls....

Since TAFKAP is actually a symbol, he is technically very iconic by definition.

Plus, the man can put on one hell of a show. Who else do you know could pull off the halftime show guitar/penis act?
n_most_superbowl_070207.300w.jpg

He wrote "Nothing Compares 2 U" for Sinead O'Connor and "I fee for you" for Chaka Khan and many other songs for different artists.

I think it is forgotten that he lead the charge of artists distributing their music over the internet.

His showmanship translates from tiniest of venues to the largest of crowds (acoustic guitar performances at private parties to the Super Bowl).

I think the main thing he has on MJ is that he could leave an audience in awe with saying a word or making a dance move.

He's touched pretty much every genre of music there is.

He's probably released more instrumental albums than MJ has solo albums.

I personally have over 700 of his songs on my iPod and he still has hundreds of songs that haven't been released. (even as a big fan I'll admit thatmost tracks are skipable to me)

He has always done what HE wants to do, not what he thinks will be POPular.

He's still not finished.

plus he's the chuck norris of poon, dude dove into more dimes then Scrooge McDuck
laugh.gif

Can't front, Prince is a G.

On topic, it aint gonna be MJ scale.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

No, Prince is not even close to Michael Jackson status on a global sense. MJ transcended all barriers and facets of life across the globe.. not just through his music, but through his actions and humanitarian efforts. You can't say the same for Prince, at least not on the same scale.

HOWEVER, from a solely musical standpoint... yes, Prince is an icon. He is arguably the most talented musician of our era when you look at all the instruments he could play, as well as his singing and songwriting talents. He has seven Grammy's, sold 40 million records, made damn near 40 albums spanning over 4 decades, and some straight classics in the music world like Purple Rain, 1999, Sign O' The Times, etc.

You should check some of his stuff out... although it's difficult because Youtube isn't allowed to host any Prince content.
smh.gif

well said

I like Prince before I saw him at a secret concert held at the Electric Factory in Philly back around 1996-97 and left completely stunned and a huge fan forlife.

It was hands-down the best concert I have ever seen in my life (and I have seen tons from small clubs to big arenas, from Funkdoobiest to Phish).

He was so god damn funky. I really can't describe what an amazing live music experience it was.

Prince is a genius and an icon, but he's not on MJ's level. He's not even the biggest icon from his state.

Talbert

necessary bump... been on prince binge lately ... got me like

Dude is a legend and probably was a direct influence to 69.3% of my favorite music acts today

Prince is a great musical genius, but his character is DATED, I mean his whole persona is played out by far.  

Any female jumping on his jock is 45+ years old and no younger.

lets stop comparing prince to MJ. both of these dudes carved their own niche in the music industry doing their own thing.

if prince has to leave this planet for people to see how "iconic" he was/is/always will be, then you guys must have lived under a rock.

seriously how can you even question how iconic prince is?

he's written, produced, played multiple instuments for himself and other artists
smashed some of the baddest women in this world
actor
got away with wearing high heels and having his #$% cut out :smh:
and had a crossover like Iverson, ask Charlie Murphy

Back
Top Bottom