How long have you been waring J's? lets see your oldest J

My first pair was the Black 7's the FIRST 7's, wish I still had them, second pair was the Taxis 12's back in grade 6 been collecting since.
Youth taxis, playoff's and Jumpman Pros

Originally Posted by less than heavenly

Sneaker Showcase man

or the "post your life's story" forum
roll.gif

Well, that wasn't very nice !

I've been an Air Jordan fanatic since '89, but couldn't afford a pair till '90. My first pair of AJs were the black/infared VI. I obtained myfirst job to get them since my dad refused to spend that kind of money on shoes. After that, I had the original VII Bordeaux, VIII aqua and play-offs, IXwhite/red (though I had to return them because they made my small/outside toes bleed on both feet), X in white/black (by far the worst quality AJs I have ownedto date), XI bred, XII in French blue/obsidian and multiple XIIIs. After that, I lost interest in the newer designs, and haven't bought any originalssince. I bought (then had to sell, because apparently the size 10.5, which I've worn from high school on, no longer fit me) retro V white/fire red, retroVII breds and 2 white/blue, and retro IX white/black. The only retros I have left are 2 DS V white/fire red (sold 4 10.5, kept the 2 11s), several differentsizes of the VI retro Doernbechers, and I just picked up a pair of re-retro XII nubuck university blues during the 25% off NDC clearance discount.

I only have one pair of original AJs left, as I'd always use mine STRICTLY for indoor/hardwood basketball till the tread wore too thin for that. ThenI'd just wear them casually till they fell apart. By god, I was going to get my $125+ worth out of them! The one pair I still have are the original bredXIIIs, which just made their comeback 3 weeks ago after many years of retirement. They're in remarkable condition given their age and amount of use. Thetread in the forefoot is almost completely gone, but other than that, they look great. Hardly creased. Very solid shoes. It was a painful reminder of howmuch better the quality was back then.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

I've been an Air Jordan fanatic since '89, but couldn't afford a pair till '91. My first pair of AJs were the black/infared VI. I obtained my first job to get them since my dad refused to spend that kind of money on shoes. After that, I had the original VII Bordeaux, VIII aqua and play-offs, IX white/red (though I had to return them because they made my small/outside toes bleed on both feet), X in white/black (by far the worst quality AJs I have owned to date), XI bred, XII in French blue/obsidian and multiple XIIIs. After that, I lost interest in the newer designs, and haven't bought any originals since. I bought (then had to sell, because apparently the size 10.5, which I've worn from high school on, no longer fit me) retro V white/fire red, retro VII breds and 2 white/blue, and retro IX white/black. The only retros I have left are 2 DS V white/fire red (sold 4 10.5, kept the 2 11s), several different sizes of the VI retro Doernbechers, and I just picked up a pair of re-retro XII nubuck university blues during the 25% off NDC clearance discount.

I only have one pair of original AJs left, as I'd always use mine STRICTLY for indoor/hardwood basketball till the tread wore too thin for that. Then I'd just wear them casually till they fell apart. By god, I was going to get my $125+ worth out of them! The one pair I still have are the original bred XIIIs, which just made their comeback 3 weeks ago after many years of retirement. They're in remarkable condition given their age and amount of use. The tread in the forefoot is almost completely gone, but other than that, they look great. Hardly creased. Very solid shoes. It was a painful reminder of how much better the quality was back then.

I'm guessing this one would go in the "post your lifes story" forum.

just joshin'
happy.gif

You know....kidding or not, I understand most people aren't going to be interested in reading such threads (especially given today's lazy A.D.D.society). But what I DON'T understand is why people feel compelled to POST about how disinterested they are by a thread. I, for one, love reading abouthow/when original AJ fanatics got into the shoe line because I can relate to the stories. I know not everyone else cares, but if that's thecase....can't you just move along?

BTW, I hope no ones life is so pathetic that his/her "life's story" can be summed up in a paragraph or 2.

You know....kidding or not, I understand most people aren't going to be interested in reading such threads (especially given today's lazy A.D.D. society). But what I DON'T understand is why people feel compelled to POST about how disinterested they are by a thread. I, for one, love reading about how/when original AJ fanatics got into the shoe line because I can relate to the stories. I know not everyone else cares, but if that's the case....can't you just move along?

BTW, I hope no ones life is so pathetic that his/her "life's story" can be summed up in a paragraph or 2.
fair enough....i apologize.

20 years....I'm 29, been wearing J's since I was 9 when my mother bought me the OG Fire Red IVs for Christmas 1989

1998-99 first pair "All-Star" or "Playoff" XIII ended up cuttin grass in them and them tossed them to my little cuz

first pair of Retros- "Oreo" (I hate that name) Retro+ IV blk/cool grey size 10.... still have them over ten years later and worn once or twice ayear

and yes, I must say, they truly were quality products and worth every penny in those days... fortunately I'm nearing the end of my journey for Jordans....

My first pair of Jordans was the original Playoff VIII, I don't have the exact pair that I have when I was little - but these will do.

These are also my oldest Jordans.

29njdj7.png

28c3h2t.png

Pretty sure these were my first pair, powder blue ix. Yes ninjahood pics

Oldest pair I used to have OG olympic vii sold them though

Besides the fact that I wore OG Jordans as a child (Started with the white/black XIII's), I really started buying Jordans when the XIII's retroed. Ihad the white lowtop colorway:
air-jordan-13-retro-low-white-metallic-silver-midnight-navy-ice-blue.jpg

I really began buying sneakers like I do now when the Air Jordan XIV's retroed. I wanted the Black/Red colorway, but I ended up with these:

air-jordan-14-xiv-retro-white-black-varsity-red_1_.jpg

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

You know....kidding or not, I understand most people aren't going to be interested in reading such threads (especially given today's lazy A.D.D. society). But what I DON'T understand is why people feel compelled to POST about how disinterested they are by a thread. I, for one, love reading about how/when original AJ fanatics got into the shoe line because I can relate to the stories. I know not everyone else cares, but if that's the case....can't you just move along?

fair enough....i apologize.
I wasn't necessarily directing that at you, thus why I said "kidding or not". You said just joshing, and admittedly, it was wellplaced humor, but I've read countless comments by those being more series, including our friend up there who had a whopping 54 posts when he decided he wasin a position to direct where posts should go. This always happens on these kinds of threads. I never understood the fascination with posting things like"no one cares". Obviously you care to SOME degree, otherwise, you wouldn't take the time to make a post claiming you DON'T care. You caredenough to post.
smile.gif

A thread pertaining to what Air Jordans you've owned....in a JORDAN SPECIFIC FORUM....is perfectly on topic (albeit repetative), as I don't think theOP meant you have to have pictures to join in on the convo. Obviously most people who have been buying AJs since the '80s and '90s aren't going tostill have those shoes laying around to take pics.

i have no pics or even the shoes from my youth but my first pair were the maroon/off white 6 i was in 3rd grade when my mom got 'em for me. the only placethat still had some in my size was jc penny....YES BACK IN THE VERY EARLY 90"S THEY SOLD NIKE AIR JORDANS!!
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom