How long is your commute to work?

As the title asks? How far do you guys travel from home to work on the daily?

Right now my drive is about 40 minutes, but I'm thinking of getting a place 20 minutes further from my job than my trip is now (quality of living is better, cheaper rent)

That'll make it around an hour commute to my job now, although I'm looking for something a little closer to home and knocking that extra 20 minutes off that commute to even it back out.

Last edited:
My new job might be an hour each way if theres traffic, which is 95% likely. Only job I could find right now. I'm only 22.

I work a part time job but my commute is walking distance. My jobs right across the street from the entrance of my neighborhood. My last job was about a 3-5 minute drive. I know when I'm done with school and start a career then my commute will be a lot longer but for now it's great. Never really understood why people travel 15+ minutes for jobs that don't even pay over like $9 an hour

Last edited by a moderator:
7-10 minutes walking. Lol my branch is in my neighborhood. Definitely saved money in commuting and lunch. Instead of buying lunch I go home for an hour and make myself something to eat and just chill. Lol

10-15. Definitely need to move further away from this town. Way too expensive living this close. Heck maybe I need a new job

about to 2 hours each way.
eek.gif
 Damn. Same commute time as my foreman. He caught traffic the other day and it took him 4 hours to get home 

Is the income worth the drive?

Right now? No, but I'm working hard to land the job I got my degree in. This job right now is just keeping me fed and gas in the tank.

But I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed that I land this gig soon. Then I'll be working somewhere thats really worth the commute.

22 minutes with no traffic, but since my new schedule put me in the morning rush, it can go from 30-75 minutes.

Right now? No, but I'm working hard to land the job I got my degree in. This job right now is just keeping me fed and gas in the tank.

But I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed that I land this gig soon. Then I'll be working somewhere thats really worth the commute.

Oh naww I feel ya... a job is still a job. I was just wondering because my cousin is on the same boat, she works 12 hours shifts, but her commute is 1 hour drive. :x

So basically it's like she's working 15 hours shifts. But at least she gets 3-4 days off.

It varies by the day. I'm a sales rep so I may be working close to home, far from home or at home.

Oh naww I feel ya... a job is still a job. I was just wondering because my cousin is on the same boat, she works 12 hours shifts, but her commute is 1 hour drive. :x

So basically it's like she's working 15 hours shifts. But at least she gets 3-4 days off.

Thats how my boy is :x he works at a Juvenile detention center

Back
Top Bottom