How long is your commute to work?

In the morning: 28-40 minutes depending on traffic.

Afternoon: 45min-1:15 hours

One way is about 36 miles.

20-25 minutes each way.

My internship over the summer was in Bethesda (DC Suburb) and I live in Towson (Baltimore suburb). 53 miles each way. And if anyone's familiar, the DC-Metro area has the worst traffic in the country. I had to take 695, 70, 29, 495, and 270. Man that was terrible. Depending on traffic it was between 90 minutes and 2.5 hours each way. Would leave for the office by 6:30AM at the latest and wouldn't get home till close to 7:00PM. One day it rained the entire day. Left for the office at 6:15AM, got in at 8:45AM. Left the office at 5:00PM, got back to my crib at 7:30PM.

i work in downtown Bethesda (East West and Wisconsin) and i commute from columbia to Bethesda but i take the commuter bus. it takes me roughly an hour 20 in the morning and in the afternoon is almost 2.5 hours since i have to get from Bethesda to Silver Spring to pick up the commuter bus. i hate DC because of the traffic, wish i could live and work in Baltimore but its so hard finding something in Bmore. :frown:

Bro hug time guys

I live in Bel Air and work in Greenbelt. about 65 miles door to door. An hour and 15 mins to get to work about an hour and 30 to get home. I get to work at 6:30 and get off at 3. But with the distance and traffic it has taken me 4 hours to get home before. And usually once a week it will take 2+ hours due to traffic. 95 down to 295 to work....i hate 295 so much.

But that being said i used to work at T. Rowe Price in Owings Mills and 695 during rush hour....parking lot.....efffff that road.

Can't wait to move closer to work....got to get my raise first.

Last edited:
I get to work at 6:30 and get off at 3.
yea buddy just about the same...im up at 3:30 am everyday and out the house by 4:50 am just to get to the office by 6:15 or so at the earliest. i can't even imagine being behind the wheel either id crash from exhaustion
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
but ive been doing this for 2 years and am somewhat used to it. im fried by the time i leave though, like legit falling asleep, which is the worst part/feeling.

my company has a baltimore office with an opening which ima ask about but im not sure if the pay/benefits are similar since the Bethesda spot gets locality and travel stipends
ohwell.gif
. have a student loan that i want to knock out first (hopefully by the time it gets cold again) before i change locales.

Last edited:
A little over an hour on average. 45 minutes with minimal traffic (which is rare), but I leave an hour and a half early just in case.

40-45 minute ride to work, 35-40 minute ride back home (Monday-Friday)

I pay about $6 in tolls everyday. I don't have to deal with much traffic because I stick to the toll roads. They are a blessing in Orlando.

30 mins going to work and I gotta pay the toll bridge.

About 40 mins back from work with traffic. smh

I spend about 75-80 bucks on gas and toll. I really need to find a job that's closer!

25 minutes with no traffic which is usually the case on the ride to work. 30 tp an hour on the way home depending on traffic. if i take the toll road(ICC) 25 minutes flat, it be like 5 buck so imusually taking that joint.

my work schedule is all over the place though, im cool with my commute.

Bro hug time guys

I live in Bel Air and work in Greenbelt. about 65 miles door to door. An hour and 15 mins to get to work about an hour and 30 to get home. I get to work at 6:30 and get off at 3. But with the distance and traffic it has taken me 4 hours to get home before. And usually once a week it will take 2+ hours due to traffic. 95 down to 295 to work....i hate 295 so much.

But that being said i used to work at T. Rowe Price in Owings Mills and 695 during rush hour....parking lot.....efffff that road.

Can't wait to move closer to work....got to get my raise first.

i work in downtown Bethesda (East West and Wisconsin) and i commute from columbia to Bethesda but i take the commuter bus. it takes me roughly an hour 20 in the morning and in the afternoon is almost 2.5 hours since i have to get from Bethesda to Silver Spring to pick up the commuter bus. i hate DC because of the traffic, wish i could live and work in Baltimore but its so hard finding something in Bmore. :frown:

Let's hug it out. :smh:

Small world though. Naz, luckily I got to avoid the main "downtown" area 'cus my office was on Rockledge between the Marriot and Lockheed HQ's so that saved me a little stress. And I'm from Columbia so I would spend a night or two at my moms to cut down the commute a little.

JKing, my pops commutes to Greenbelt from Ellicott City every day so I know how bad that sucks. He's got an '08 with like 140K miles. I also interned at the T. Rowe office in Owings Mills and while that sucked, it had nothing on 495. Which department were you in? I was in RPS.

Last edited:
Used to be a 45 min car ride with toll. Used to pay around 90-100 dollars in gas and toll per week 
mean.gif

Now its 10 mins car ride WITH traffic. If i can get all greens i can get there in 4-5 mins 
nthat.gif

About 20 minutes to and from work. I avoid traffic since I work from 7:00 - 3:30pm.. Where I live also helps a lot. I avoid most of the congested areas here in New Orleans. 
pimp.gif

Mound road

14.6 mi, 31 mins

In current traffic: 33 mins

damn lights, if you catch them tho you smooth sailing (michigan lights are crazy for real)

Bout 40 mins, couldn't imagine anything else.

Drive to the metro and hop on.

I honestly don't know how some of yall stay awake at the wheel. I would probably doze off no bull.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom