How long til we see a real black (or colored) superhero? vol. Idris Elba

The Green lantern should have been black. but I suspect  Ryan Reynolds was selected because he will drive up ticket sales from the females.
30t6p3b.gif

WHY WHY WHY would Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent or peter parker be black? Hell if its like that a asian guy should play the black panther or a white guy be Luke Cage. There are a lot of great black superheros and until one of those movies gets mad or have a cast with a black superhero then there wont be a black hero. The black guy in thor doesn't make sense but doesn''t matter because its a minor character.

WHY WHY WHY would Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent or peter parker be black? Hell if its like that a asian guy should play the black panther or a white guy be Luke Cage. There are a lot of great black superheros and until one of those movies gets mad or have a cast with a black superhero then there wont be a black hero. The black guy in thor doesn't make sense but doesn''t matter because its a minor character.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

The Green lantern should have been black. but I suspect  Ryan Reynolds was selected because he will drive up ticket sales from the females.
30t6p3b.gif

Hal Jordan
Guy Gardner

Kyle Ryner

John Stewart.

Are the four lanterns of earth. They choose Hal because he is the main earth lantern.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

30t6p3b.gif

Hal Jordan
Guy Gardner

Kyle Ryner

John Stewart.

Are the four lanterns of earth. They choose Hal because he is the main earth lantern.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Originally Posted by eddie

great response,

but ur avy has a black superhero

Not really, my avy is a political statement and so is my s/n...I'm fully aware the adversity I face as an African-American and our misplacement in society.
I'm current writing a book and one chapter is partially contributed to what I feel is a inter-generational example of Stockholm syndrome as a mental pandemic.

Stockholm syndrome is when a hostage forms an emotional connection with his/her captor misconceiving moments of no aggression from the captor as kindness and care.
It's similar to African-American's situation NOW, of course we're free, but this country wasn't built with our progreesion in mind. Like Tupac said "It's a white man's world"
Ripped from our acestorial roots and history wiped clean, thousands of years of customs and knowledge of the Earth (used in today's math a science) were eradicated
and viewed as "savagery" so instead being Kings and Queens we we taught Westernized culture that was meant for us, therefore how could we ever succedd? So what can we do now?
Go back to Africa NOW diluted Indian and European genealogy? We stuck here with American culture blue in our vein..sure the abuse stopped should we be grateful? Or are we infact
showing the "captor" appreciation for not treating us like out ancestors? African-American African descendants with Stockholm Syndrome in a paradoxical mental state where we're "Patriots
of our captor's country"

Isaiah Bradley is "Black Captain America" who is an original Marvel character revisited and given his own series.
He's a middle class educated African-American with no racial prejudice. When called to duty for 'his country" he went,
only to be betrayed by the country he loved with Tuskegee Air Men experiments...which was an actual event but too
graphic and horrifying for kids to read in comics.
WHAT series outside of the RED WHITE AND BLACK mini series was Isiah Bradely the main character in? Outside of cameos of him when they  focus on his grandson Patriot does Isiah come up in? 

great response,

Not really, my avy is a political statement and so is my s/n...I'm fully aware the adversity I face as an African-American and our misplacement in society.
I'm current writing a book and one chapter is partially contributed to what I feel is a inter-generational example of Stockholm syndrome as a mental pandemic.

Stockholm syndrome is when a hostage forms an emotional connection with his/her captor misconceiving moments of no aggression from the captor as kindness and care.
It's similar to African-American's situation NOW, of course we're free, but this country wasn't built with our progreesion in mind. Like Tupac said "It's a white man's world"
Ripped from our acestorial roots and history wiped clean, thousands of years of customs and knowledge of the Earth (used in today's math a science) were eradicated
and viewed as "savagery" so instead being Kings and Queens we we taught Westernized culture that was meant for us, therefore how could we ever succedd? So what can we do now?
Go back to Africa NOW diluted Indian and European genealogy? We stuck here with American culture blue in our vein..sure the abuse stopped should we be grateful? Or are we infact
showing the "captor" appreciation for not treating us like out ancestors? African-American African descendants with Stockholm Syndrome in a paradoxical mental state where we're "Patriots
of our captor's country"

Isaiah Bradley is "Black Captain America" who is an original Marvel character revisited and given his own series.
He's a middle class educated African-American with no racial prejudice. When called to duty for 'his country" he went,
only to be betrayed by the country he loved with Tuskegee Air Men experiments...which was an actual event but too
WHAT series outside of the RED WHITE AND BLACK mini series was Isiah Bradely the main character in? Outside of cameos of him when they  focus on his grandson Patriot does Isiah come up in? 

I think John Stewart had the most exposure out of all of the Green lanterns, being a part of Justice League and thus the movie should have been based on him.
The casual American viewer probably doesn't know that there were multiple green lanterns, but might have been able to recognize the black green lantern from the tv series.

I think John Stewart had the most exposure out of all of the Green lanterns, being a part of Justice League and thus the movie should have been based on him.
The casual American viewer probably doesn't know that there were multiple green lanterns, but might have been able to recognize the black green lantern from the tv series.

What about Hal in Superfriends? Or did you forget there's DC cartoons older than JLU? This thread is full of stupid. Hal Jordan is the first human member of the Green Lantern Corps. John Stewart will have his time, he was still a active in the marine corps when Hal got his ring. He'll be in the movie for those that don't follow the GL news.

What about Hal in Superfriends? Or did you forget there's DC cartoons older than JLU? This thread is full of stupid. Hal Jordan is the first human member of the Green Lantern Corps. John Stewart will have his time, he was still a active in the marine corps when Hal got his ring. He'll be in the movie for those that don't follow the GL news.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

great response,

of our captor's country"

I'm guessing he was referring to Red, White, & Black

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

great response,

of our captor's country"

I'm guessing he was referring to Red, White, & Black

Personally I dont see the point of making a superhero a different race than he is in the original comic, whether he is black or white.

Personally I dont see the point of making a superhero a different race than he is in the original comic, whether he is black or white.

Back
Top Bottom