How many of y'all watch Gossip Girl? Vol. Keep it real

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Best teen/young adult drama of all time. 90210 lovers can hate all you want, but GG has better acting, better story lines, better girls. Had a very weak run early in season 3 (Hilary Duff story line was dumb, Tyra Banks cameo was even worse), recovered really strong, dipped a bit late season 4, but ended well. And nobody is messing with Blake Lively. Absolutely stunning.
Ehh... the best of the O.C. (season 1) > the best Gossip Girl put out. 
Chuck Bass is unmatched, however.

I skipped it initially, but mainly after I ran out of quality/respected shows to catch up on, I watched it and was pleasantly surprised for the most part. The whole "guy from a different world" thing has been done, and done better by The OC, I mean come on... Dan lives in an awesome loft in Brooklyn and still goes to private school
laugh.gif
The writing has been pretty craptastic after seasons 1-2, but it still has it's moments. The women, funny at times, Chuck Bass is outrageously awesome, plus I rarely stop watching a show once I've followed it heavily.

Now that first season of the O.C.
pimp.gif
Never came across so many non-white ppl that loved the show. I knew gang members who liked it. Gang members.

Too bad it fell off and ended so bad. Almost as bad as what's being done to One Tee Hill.

To think there was a time the CW/QB had shows of quality but maybe that's my nostalgia. find myself watching reruns of Buff The Vampire Slayer on Nickelodeon sometimes.

pimp.gif
Never came across so many non-white ppl that loved the show. I knew gang members who liked it. Gang members.

Too bad it fell off and ended so bad. Almost as bad as what's being done to One Tee Hill.

To think there was a time the CW/QB had shows of quality but maybe that's my nostalgia. find myself watching reruns of Buff The Vampire Slayer on Nickelodeon sometimes.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have two older brothers, and we all laughed at the OC when we saw the previews... but damn if we didn't all watch the first episode secretly on our own. Fastforward to the next week and we're gathering around the TV like it's the moon landing.

One Tree Hill suckered me in with the promise of basketball... that show did have it's own positives as well. Dan was a great villain, the constant literary references, the basketball, Sophia Bush
pimp.gif
but again... the writers just lost their damn minds. When I saw a dog eat a heart intended for a transplant I almost threw my TV out my window
30t6p3b.gif
A new low for television

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have two older brothers, and we all laughed at the OC when we saw the previews... but damn if we didn't all watch the first episode secretly on our own. Fastforward to the next week and we're gathering around the TV like it's the moon landing.

One Tree Hill suckered me in with the promise of basketball... that show did have it's own positives as well. Dan was a great villain, the constant literary references, the basketball, Sophia Bush
pimp.gif
but again... the writers just lost their damn minds. When I saw a dog eat a heart intended for a transplant I almost threw my TV out my window
30t6p3b.gif
A new low for television

roll.gif
No lie. I've watched that ep in disbelief cuz it was on some day time soaps shh. So bad. They also had that Misery rip off episode where the crazy babysitter kidnaps Dan
indifferent.gif

They had a good thing going, I kinda saw it as a Dawson's Creek meets basketball.

Should've canceled/ended the series when Lucas (forgets real name) and Hilarie Burton left.

roll.gif
No lie. I've watched that ep in disbelief cuz it was on some day time soaps shh. So bad. They also had that Misery rip off episode where the crazy babysitter kidnaps Dan
indifferent.gif

They had a good thing going, I kinda saw it as a Dawson's Creek meets basketball.

Should've canceled/ended the series when Lucas (forgets real name) and Hilarie Burton left.

Well, nothing can top the first season of The O.C. I'm talking about an entire series. And remember, Josh Schwartz was the reason The O.C. was great initially. But he left after the first season and it just tanked. Schwartz has stayed on board the entire GG run. That's why it's great. Although the short season 4 of The O.C. was fantastic.

Well, nothing can top the first season of The O.C. I'm talking about an entire series. And remember, Josh Schwartz was the reason The O.C. was great initially. But he left after the first season and it just tanked. Schwartz has stayed on board the entire GG run. That's why it's great. Although the short season 4 of The O.C. was fantastic.

I always wanted to watch this show, but I only saw a little bit
of the first season and never felt like going back and catching up...

I always wanted to watch this show, but I only saw a little bit
of the first season and never felt like going back and catching up...

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Chuck Bass.

Really enjoyed the first two seasons and then lost interest.
This.

The OC (first season) was
pimp.gif
Marissa
embarassed.gif
devil.gif

One Tree Hill was nice at first, but it became corny once it seemed every damn thing possible that could happen in high school happened to them.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Danneel Harris was
devil.gif
too

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Chuck Bass.

Really enjoyed the first two seasons and then lost interest.
This.

The OC (first season) was
pimp.gif
Marissa
embarassed.gif
devil.gif

One Tree Hill was nice at first, but it became corny once it seemed every damn thing possible that could happen in high school happened to them.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Danneel Harris was
devil.gif
too

Watched the first two seasons, after that I lost interest.
Necessary Roughness is the new ishhh!

Watched the first two seasons, after that I lost interest.
Necessary Roughness is the new ishhh!

Back
Top Bottom