How many tries did it take you to get your driver license?

1. Ill never forget after i finished the test and parked, seeing this car with the front driver side banged up pull into a parking spot. This girl and an instructor got out and the girl was crying :lol: :smh:

As a kid in HS, it was once for the permit and driving license.

I took it again at 22 due to an expired license and failed on the first try.

Took it again at 32 due to an expired license and passed on the first try.

2. The first time I had already been driving for a while so I had bad habits like not coming to a complete stop at stop signs. The second time I made a point to stop for a whole 5 seconds at each stop sign. :lol:

2 tries for my permit and 1 try for my license. I thought I did good because he wasn’t marking anything until we finished. He starting checking a lot of boxes :lol: made it by one point :pimp:

Twice.

Developed some bad habits when I just had a permit, so I failed my first attempt. Was a little shook because I thought I was acing it during my first test. Nope. Try again lol.

Twice for me, failed the first time being way overconfident in the parallel parking section

First try. Got lucky. Almost hit a car while double parking and almost ran a stop sign.

Things i never did when taking classes . But i was 15 and nervous as hell.

Failed my written test once, passed the second time around. Passed my driving test on my first try.

first try. down only two points for speeding. and by speeding it was like going 19 in a 15. Those parallel parking skills tho have always been pure class :pimp:

One try in nyc, got it when I was 18. My father sign me up for the test, and gave me 3 days to learn . He made me practice parallel parking only, the rest I just kinda knew from playing gran Turismo as a kid with a steering wheel 😂.

First try.

I truly believe if you can’t pass it within 2 attempts you should not be allowed to drive a car for the rest of your life.

2 attempts only for each person.

Once. I took Driver’s Training at Sears and my first day of driving was kind of shakey because that was literally the first time I had been behind the wheel and I was nervous, but the very next class I was whipping the **** out that vehicle and went on to pass my road test with flying colors.

Once

Got my permit when I was 19 and didnt bother practicing driving afterwards. Renewed it a year or 2 later before it expired. Then another year passed... didnt practice until the month it was gonna expire and went the exact expiration date and took the driving test and passed it.

One try in nyc, got it when I was 18. My father sign me up for the test, and gave me 3 days to learn . He made me practice parallel parking only, the rest I just kinda knew from playing gran Turismo as a kid with a steering wheel 😂.

Dont you need to do drivers ed or something before you can even sign up for the test? Its been a while, I know for the pandemic they dropped that requirement and required you to just watch videos but before that I thought you needed some type of certification (hours driving) before you could take the actual road test.

first try only lost 5 points on parking

tip of the day(nyc) hitting the curb is failing - being too far away from the curb is only 5 points off....

the key is using mirrors, signaling

to be bit more clear on hitting the curb, they likely wont fail you if they see you're breaking as you're about to hit or light touch....if you hit curb then break or try to turn is when its automatic failure.

Last edited:
Dont you need to do drivers ed or something before you can even sign up for the test? Its been a while, I know for the pandemic they dropped that requirement and required you to just watch videos but before that I thought you needed some type of certification (hours driving) before you could take the actual road test.
Nope I never had to do any of that unless you talking about doing the multiple choice test for the learner permit? Then yeah I took that way before I even cared to drive lol.

Once..

Passed game flu style.

michael-jordan-flu-game-1997-finals-archive.jpg

Back
Top Bottom