How many tries did it take you to get your driver license?

3 times for me... the first time I was driving to casually like I knew what I was doing... not stopping at the stop sign for 5 seconds and making swift left turns which looked dangerous cost me the first time... the second time I failed at parallel parking... but the third time I was money getting my license... I was so hyped I hugged my instructor for passing me after the test was over lol...

the permit test I think it took me two times to pass but it might have been three times...I just remember after passing my friend took me out to friendlys after

It took me two times to get a learner's permit, but I passed the driving test on my first try.

When I got my driver's license, I had less than ten hours of lifetime driving experience behind the wheel.

At 16, one attempt.
Got my license stamped with the under 21 message on it. Regular d class or d license, is what they called it iirc.

Driving instructors take you to simple areas and give you the basics of driving. Basically similar to the driving test.

From my experience, when you really drive out there, like in Manhattan during rush hour or gridlock, and on the expressways, and trying to parallel park in tight spots, as well as following parking rules, then you really try to understand how tough it could get.

Last edited by a moderator:
we should implement a law where after 60 you should have to renew once again as a behind the wheel refresher test. Some people need to get off the road for their own good.
Or renew for making too many stupid mistakes period like habitually getting traffic tickets. You're either a bad driver or you're negligent.

At 16, one attempt.
Got my license stamped with the under 21 message on it. Regular d license, is what they called it iirc.

Driving instructors take you to simple areas and give you the basics of driving. Basically similar to the driving test.

From my experience, when you really drive out there, like in Manhattan during rush hour or gridlock, and on the expressways, and trying to parallel park in tight spots, as well as following parking rules, then you really try to understand how tough it could get.
In San Francisco, you're not a true driver until you learn how to park on a hilly street.

Permit and license first try
But I accidentally scraped the back of someone’s car 1 week before I was due to take my license test so I had to wait an extra 6 months by law

Dont you need to do drivers ed or something before you can even sign up for the test? Its been a while, I know for the pandemic they dropped that requirement and required you to just watch videos but before that I thought you needed some type of certification (hours driving) before you could take the actual road test.
In Texas, you have a choice. A 3 hour class or a 15(or 25, I can’t remember) question test. The lady at the DPS was telling me most people take the the class and was cautioning me on the test talking if you fail you must take the class. I opt for the test, ace that ****. Its so simple, if you fail you REALLY shouldn’t be driving at all. I go back to the desk in about 10 minutes and the lady is surprised. “That was fast….AND you aced it. Wow!” Im hitting her with the nickyoung.gif. Explains a lot about Houston drivers tho.

First try, but my road test was something out of a cartoon or a driving simulator. Kid jumping out from behind a parked car to chase after his ball and all.

Three times

My mom took me the first two times and she was a very neurotic person so I was a nervous wreck by the time we got to the DMV

My dad took me the third time and filled me with confidence and I passed

It took me two tries. The proctor failed me cause I touched the curb while parallel parking, but I corrected it. Still failed me anyways 2nd try I was mad as hell about the first, so when the proctor came in and exchanged pleasantries with me, I just said hey and focused on my test. Afterwards I was beaming with excitement.

Second try. Couldn’t parallel for **** on the first. Shout to my Pops. He put some garbage cans up, and taught me afterwards :lol:.

Driving school I went to was funny. Old Vietnam war vet dude. No care in the world lol. This was like 06, and I swear he was watching flicks on his phone, while I was driving lmao. Took me to some hood parking lots, and city driving. Never took me on the highway. Had to learn that on my own.

first try only lost 5 points on parking

tip of the day(nyc) hitting the curb is failing - being too far away from the curb is only 5 points off....

the key is using mirrors, signaling

to be bit more clear on hitting the curb, they likely wont fail you if they see you're breaking as you're about to hit or light touch....if you hit curb then break or try to turn is when its automatic failure.
That's how I failed the first time. The lady was looking on her phone most of the time and when I had to parallel park I hit the curb. she immediately looked up from her phone with a shocked look on her face and told me to drive back to the starting point.

First try for car license.

First try for cdl, 98% messed up on two things.

First try motorcycle

tbh they need to make getting a driver's license way harder, not everyone should or even needs to drive.

nothing to do with money either, strict tests and frequent test for renewals even stricter laws for traffic violations.

drivings definitely one of the things I noticed that's gotten worse during the pandemic.

Either that or revoke them.

You’re texting and cut off a semi. Revoke it

You pull out in front of a motorcycle because you’re senile. Revoke it

Back
Top Bottom