How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

My barber of 17 years moved away last July. I had been trying a few different spots since then and thought I found my new regular barber back in March.

1st haircut he gave me was immaculate. Charged me $35 and I gave him $50 told him to keep it and we exchanged numbers.

I go every 3-4 weeks and give around $40 or $45 but since that first cut, they've been steadily getting worse and worse. Last week I went and he didn't even pull out the razor to line me up. Tried to send me out after freehanding my tape with some clippers. Why I gotta ask for the basics?? Didn't spritz me with alcohol either and left the back of my neck raw and stinging.

I gave him $50 and asked for $10 back...he don't got it. Can't break it and the only other barber there can't either. We stood staring at each other for a good ten seconds before I told him forget it.

Anyway, he just called me tonight asking if I could Zelle him some money for an Uber to get home.

So now I'm looking again.

Hate when people take kindness for weakness. At least you learned his character early on

Man, if every cut he gave me was as good as the first one then I might've considered it. We could've gotten Zaxby's, had some laughs and be done with it.

Life is too short for that. I was going to a barber shop near my old neighborhood from 97-2020. Charged me 15 dollars a cut . He was an old Italian dude, but he died from complications from a knee surgery in 2020. Was a real good dude.

You set the bar high with that $15 tip the first time

Lol @ him asking for $ for an Uber from you. What's that about

Biggest hustle out of the pandemic was the barbershop game. Went from $25 to $35 which was too much already at $25.

Appt. only, but all that is, is just a place holder. Could be waiting two hours. Cuts good hair though.

I’ve went from, cut one week to a tape the next, to a cut every week, to a cut every other week. I’m over these insipid prices.

Got a few partners in Atl and that’s ridiculous, the prices they pay.

My barber of 17 years moved away last July. I had been trying a few different spots since then and thought I found my new regular barber back in March.

1st haircut he gave me was immaculate. Charged me $35 and I gave him $50 told him to keep it and we exchanged numbers.

I go every 3-4 weeks and give around $40 or $45 but since that first cut, they've been steadily getting worse and worse. Last week I went and he didn't even pull out the razor to line me up. Tried to send me out after freehanding my tape with some clippers. Why I gotta ask for the basics?? Didn't spritz me with alcohol either and left the back of my neck raw and stinging.

I gave him $50 and asked for $10 back...he don't got it. Can't break it and the only other barber there can't either. We stood staring at each other for a good ten seconds before I told him forget it.

Anyway, he just called me tonight asking if I could Zelle him some money for an Uber to get home.

So now I'm looking again.
Having this same issue

Found a new barber a few months ago since my old one that I been using for over 6 years stopped cutting hair and he does Uber now

First 2 cuts were amazing / then they started getting worse and worse . Now I don’t even go in the barbershop when he’s there , found another dude in that same shop that lines up even better

Aye. Yo. That sounds like me deadass but I’m 3 substances minimum.

I might be on the hunt again for a new barber. Like y’all have mentioned they get you right the first couple cuts then it resorts to a money grab. The prices aren’t justifying the quality at this point :smh:

I might be on the hunt again for a new barber. Like y’all have mentioned they get you right the first couple cuts then it resorts to a money grab. The prices aren’t justifying the quality at this point :smh:

If you don’t mind driving to Edgewood - check out Stoney’s. One of the best barber I’ve experience. Make sure you get your cut by Jimmy!

That was just for a line-up $150 -

How much for the cut - that’s wild :lol:
Screenshot_20230815-111355.png

Lmao

I don’t like spending much on a haircut… and I don’t have the low cesar cut I had more than a decade ago that required a shape up…used to go to the barbershop where it was 25 then they bumped it to 30… so I was like nah I’m good…went to a salon and they were charging 15 but bumped the price to 20… give a 5 dollar tip and it comes to 25 which is once a month I get a cut…I do go to great clips every now and then since it’s easy to get a cut and not bad for the price which is 20…great clips is nowhere near perfect but for my haircut it serves its purpose lol…but after looking at this thread I was inspired to google cheap cuts in NJ… found a barbershop that is 15 a cut… so I’m a start going there… I will report back once I get a haircut… should be end of this month…

They're making too much money that's the problem.

my family owned a barber shop/ beauty supply for over 60 years. so ive seen my fair share of lazy barbers.

i think these appointment apps are the root of the problem. its taken the HUSTLE out of being a barber/ beautician.

now you can see in an instant how much money you stand to make that week, so (in their feeble minds), they no longer see a benefit to accommodate the straggler walking in.

i had a barber years ago that did appointment only. if a straggler walked in without one, he’d tell you he only did appointments…..BUT best believe he had a pencil in hand ready to pencil you in

not today.
the hustle is gone.

This makes me want to go to barber school just so I can start charging dudes $15 just to **** this whole game up.

I miss going to a traditional barber shop but at the same time I hated the distractions that came with it. My barber would have his boys just post up and just drink. He also pulled this on me like twice. The second time I dipped out.

Back
Top Bottom