How much help do you get from your parents?

Im 19 my parents pay for everything and I hate it
smh.gif

$0...

THEY LEFT ME ALONE @ 17 WHEN THEY SPLIT UP...GOT A JOB AND NOW @ 31 IM PRETTY WELL SET...THEY CALL ME NOW AND IM LIKE...TOO LATE FOR IM SORRYS!!!

YEA I KNOW I GOT BAGGAGE...LOL  
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

$0...

THEY LEFT ME ALONE @ 17 WHEN THEY SPLIT UP...GOT A JOB AND NOW @ 31 IM PRETTY WELL SET...THEY CALL ME NOW AND IM LIKE...TOO LATE FOR IM SORRYS!!!

YEA I KNOW I GOT BAGGAGE...LOL  
embarassed.gif

This makes me sad
frown.gif

Life is too short. Forgive and forget or you're going to have to live with it forever when it's too late.

But anyways,

I'm pretty well taken care of. I have a decent job and I'm about to be 21!

- just turned 21
-live with both parents (they bought a new house 2 years ago, 1st time owning)
-Im in college full time and work part-time
-I pay my phone bill, credit card, tuition,and student loans (yes I started paying BEFORE i graduate)
-give my parents $7-800 a month to help pay the mortgage
-buy my own things (clothes, kicks,etc.)...been working since i was 13-14

Plan on moving out a year or 2 after i graduate but the family and I are not as comfortable as we would like to be...lets see what happens

im 21, live with ma mom, i pay all the bills since ma mom is out of work, still got money left since i got a small business on the side, no point in leavin then i will have to pay 2 rents...

Originally Posted by damedash06

im 21, live with ma mom, i pay all the bills since ma mom is out of work, still got money left since i got a small business on the side, no point in leavin then i will have to pay 2 rents...

How do you feel about your situation? So do you ever get on your mom as if you were the parent?

tutition and rent payed thru scholly...

only thing my mom does is pay my car insurance and cell phone....

i'll ask her for some change every now and again, though... when stuff gets kinda difficult... but that's about it...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

- How old are you?
- How much help do you get from your parents?
- Do you have a lot of extra spending money by the time you're done paying your bills each month?
- Do you have a low, average or high paying job?
-A lot. I live rent free with them still and the family business pays for my car.. worked for the business since I was 15 though so I'm not just sitting on my +$% with my hand out, been full time since high school.
-Yes, but I don't spend it, I'm saving for a house.
-Average with potential to be high paying, yes.

I'm 22 and just graduated from college in December.

The only thing I get from my parents is a house, utilities, and my mom cooks around 3 or 4 days out of the week. Its been this way since I was 16. I don't ever want to burden them.

My bills aren't too outrageous. I'm working on some credit card debt I got throughout college. Most of it is for summer classes or a few community college transfer credits I took. Since I want to have that paid off within the next 3 months, by the end of the month I don't have too much since I put so much towards paying it off. Once that's done, I'll have a lot to spend, but I'll be saving most of it to eventually use as a down payment for my own house and pay off a student loan.

My job is pretty average pay for someone straight out of school. But I came in through a student program that puts you on a fast track once you graduate. I'll be making above average by the time I'm 25.

I'm 23
Pay my electricity, rent, gas, and phone bill
Got a Cadillac CTS, with no car payment cuz of my parents, as a graduation gift
Other than that, I pay for everything
I'm pretty comfortable

My dad pays my rent and asks me every week if I need money. I'm 23 and I go to school FT and work PT. I'm pretty spoiled.
laugh.gif
I try not to take any money most ofthe time. I dont make enough to pay rent tho

im 18 i have a job and help my mom out with rent but she pays for everything and i dont accept money from her i have a job

I'm 21
My pops doesn't really pay for anything unless times get rough and I ask him for help ... but that was before my mom passed away last year. She left me a bunch of $ to use to pay off my student loans with so I just get access to that from my aunt when I need a few $$'s. My family has a decent amount of $ but I like paying for everything myself. Well, that and I have no choice.
I graduate in May and I guess I'm gonna move back home.

1. 22
2. My parent's cover my rent ($550), car insurance, and cell phone bills.
3. I basically pay for my DirecTV/Internet/Power/Water and also gas for my car.
4. My job is all commissions so some months can be a lot better than others.

My parents told me for my graduation gift that they would help me out with all things listed under #2 for the first my first two years out of school.

I'll be 24 in a few weeks, still live at home and don't have any bills to pay. I will be going back to school to get my bachelor's degree. My dad has always given me money since I was younger, I spend most if it but I also have saved some of the money too. I also still have money saved from my last job so I use that to buy what ever I need. My family lives pretty comfortable , there are people who work with my mom and get paid more but still live paycheck to paycheck, which is kinda sad lol. We don't live paycheck to paycheck, the bills are always paid on time and we still have a lot in savings.

ATLien Seeko wrote:

- How old are you?
- How much help do you get from your parents?
- Do you have a lot of extra spending money by the time you're done paying your bills each month?
- Do you have a low, average or high paying job?
-I paid about 1/2 of my tuition this semester. My dad paid the other 1/2.
-I get about $100-$150 a month in spending money after that VA check; I get VA (veterans affairs) benefits because my dad is 100% disabled.
-No job, full time student.

I pay for everything I want and need myself except except water, gas, power, my car insurance and sometimes food if my mom cooks, but most of the time I pay for my own food. I really dont like the idea of taking money from my moms expecially since she's struggling enough already, so I RARELY take help (money) from my mom unles I'm in dire need.
Wow... sorry, but I just can't understand why so many people over the age of 21 are still living at home with and/or taking money from their parents.  I have some college-educated friends that are 30, delivering pizza part-time, smoking pot full-time, barely paying their own car insurance, and are still living at home with mom and dad.  I know times are tough in the job market, but even before the economy crashed, there seemed to be a substantial amount of people still at home with 'rents.  Like, I know "saving money for the future" and all that is what's supposed to be going on, but (except in the case of a significant disability) that just seems like an excuse for a greater combo of laziness and fear of independence on the part of kids living at home after legally becoming adults... 

My short story is:  I was kicked out of my home by my mom when I was 18 because she wanted me to join the Navy and I wanted to go to college.  Dad was never in the picture much and my parents are divorced, so that's that.  After being homeless for a few days (scariest days of my life), I moved in with friends, worked part-time at a chain grocery store, paid rent and bills, and went to community college.  Luckily, the fin aid people were sympathic to my situation and granted me financial aid independence so my weak paychecks were supplemented nicely with financial aid.  I ended up transferring to and graduating from a 4-year university, getting married shortly afterward, finding a decent job, and have very minimal contact with my mom... I'm 27 now and have been 100% responsible for meeting all of my expenses/bills since the age of 18.

Back
Top Bottom