How much longer till I should start worrying?

eek.gif

3RD ONE OF THESE I READ TODAY...

yal dun started a "help me I got scammed website"

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha yea I'd actually really really like money back. I guess I sound so nonchalant in my posts because I'm still astounded that you could just"not send the item" to the person who bought it. I mean, I though scams were more complex than that. I also thought that things like, I don'tknow, jail existed.

I mean if I ran a store, a customer came in and bought something, and I took the money but also wouldn't let the customer have the thing he bought -I'm pretty sure I'd be in some sort of trouble haha.

Anyways, I ended up not waiting for the seller and went ahead and escalated the claim. This is just so amazing to me. We'll see what happens next I guess.

Originally Posted by jtb1987

lol, so should I file a dispute?

I find it hard to believe that you can set up an ad on Ebay, collect the money, and just not send the item. If this is possible, i'll just say **** the shoes and my money, and I'll set up a business doing the exact same thing on Ebay.
back in the day (5 years in the information age), it was fairly lucrative to set up 6 or 7 email addresses leaving feedback on each one, each scamminga few people before they dissolved... now ebay and the feds are cracking down on what happens on ebay, so try it if you want...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jtothadub

I find it hard to believe that you can set up an ad on Ebay, collect the money, and just not send the item. If this is possible, i'll just say **** the shoes and my money, and I'll set up a business doing the exact same thing on Ebay.
back in the day (5 years in the information age), it was fairly lucrative to set up 6 or 7 email addresses leaving feedback on each one, each scamming a few people before they dissolved... now ebay and the feds are cracking down on what happens on ebay, so try it if you want...
nerd.gif

lol, so i'll take this as confirmation that i'll get my money back. thanks.

I live in hayward.....good luck finding him tho...theres probably 500-600 Jose lopez' on Manon alone

Originally Posted by jtothadub

back in the day (5 years in the information age), it was fairly lucrative to set up 6 or 7 email addresses leaving feedback on each one, each scamming a few people before they dissolved... now ebay and the feds are cracking down on what happens on ebay, so try it if you want...
nerd.gif

lol, so i'll take this as confirmation that i'll get my money back. thanks.

maybe you will. He probably took out all of the money in his paypal account. Check the auction page and see if it says paypal protection $200 or $2000 ifyou see that then you will get your money back if not then your screwed.

He probably took out all of the money in his paypal account
That does NOT matter.

They just make your account negative and then you owe them that money.

Id wait till the end of the week to file.

You need to understand that some people are cheap as hell.

U paid on the 7th, he prob sent them out within the next couple of days.

This guy prob sent it by horse to save $1.50.

Plus its gonna take a while if he did send it the cheapest way cause its coming from the west to the east.

[Big Boy] Patience is a virtue, being anxious just might hurt you Like Mike Vick returning to the line of scrimmage too soon [Big Boy]

The page with the ad said I had up to $200 paypal protection. The guy had 100% feedback with 8 transactions. I thought I should be more patient, but he is notanswering my emails. He also closed down the other auctions he had up. The ad also said USPS priority, 2-3 days.

I called the PayPal people and the lady recommended that I go ahead and escalate the claim. So I told her to go ahead.

alright well pretty sure you will get most of the money back, i think if paypal has to give you money their own money since they cant collect from the guy thenthey take away some for fees. atleast thats what i heard.

Back
Top Bottom