How much longer will Kobe be a top 5 player??

I was thinking about this earlier..The Lakers could be starting a nice little dynasty IF they win this year..and that's a big IF imo as long as the spursare around...I mean cause Gasol is 27..Bynum is 20..and Farmar looks like he can take over the point after fisher leaves and Kobe is only 29...Jordan retiredaround 34 his second time and when he retired then he was the best in the game....and then when he was 37 he was still droppin 26 a game...
So i think he could be a top 5 player in this league for at least 5 more years....What do yall think??

By the way imo kobe is the best in the game but i just used top 5 so it wouldn't start a kobe/lebron argument...

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

By the way imo kobe is the best in the game but i just used top 5 so it wouldn't start a kobe/lebron argument...

no he isnt

.Jordan was 37 he was still droppin 26 a game...

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wildout4

no he isnt
I guess he can't have an opinion then huh
eyes.gif

Anyway, probably around 34/35

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
When he was with the Wizards? I don't think so.

I think he'll stop playing as well at about 35. He won't have the same lift, so by that time he'll be more like Jordan after the second retirement,relying more on fadeaways and step back J's.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
When he was with the Wizards? I don't think so.

I think he'll stop playing as well at about 35. He won't have the same lift, so by that time he'll be more like Jordan after the second retirement, relying more on fadeaways and step back J's.

HAHAHA ok ok ....22...but u get my point

It's going to be interesting to watch because I can't see Kobe NOT dominating while he's still in this league.
But trying to be real I think it'll be 35/36 when he starts the decline and 37/38 when he hangs it up.

Originally Posted by JPZx

It's going to be interesting to watch because I can't see Kobe NOT dominating while he's still in this league.

I feel like there are certain players who just refuse to allow themselves to fall far from the top. There are superstars and there are transcendent stars.I can see Kobe playing at this level for a while because he's on that "special" level. Obviously, if he plays until he's 40, he won't beplaying this well, but I just can't see him allowing himself to fall off until around 35-36.

^That's how I feel. Kobe's just now getting into his prime. He'll always be an elite player in the League.

Considering that Kobe takes care of himself, I think he'll stay on top until he's 35. After that, he'll still be good but his decline due to agingwill show.

i agree completely with kobe bein the best in the league, but i fu dont even consider him top 5 u must be on that crack rock

Kobe takes care of his body and doesn't have any scary injuries, so he could be a top-5 player for at least another 5 years.

Can you imagine the NBA in five years? Guys like KG, Duncan, Iverson...retiring?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Officer Andre

Not everyone thinks hes a top 5 player

Those people don't watch basketball.

I think Kobe can max out til he's 35. Mike was a prime example if you take care of your self, change your game up a little bit and work hard. Kobe can dothat. He could still contribute til he is 37 or 38 if he wants, but obviously not 30 a night contribute.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Kobe takes care of his body and doesn't have any scary injuries, so he could be a top-5 player for at least another 5 years.

Can you imagine the NBA in five years? Guys like KG, Duncan, Iverson...retiring?
frown.gif

can't even imagine that
frown.gif

Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. It's a close contest, but Lebron falls a few feet short.

Kobe is 29. His shots are down. His FG% is up. This is the Zenmaster working his style. He's a master of managing THE superstar. He's a coach, amentor, and in the case of Kobe, a savior.

I'd give Kobe a new 6 year max contract in a heartbeat. Few players work as hard as Kobe Bryant in the offseason.

Kobe is playing right now with an finger injury to his shooting hand. He's deferred surgery until after the Lakers season. He's deferred surgery untilafter the Olympics. I can understand the Lakers, but why the Olympics? It's because of his drive. It's the mark of the beast. You don't want toguard Kobe in the Olympics. He's mad. He talks to guys like Doug Collins and Dr. Jack Ramsey. They tell Kobe what it's like to have the gold medalstolen from the United States. The 2004 gold wasn't stolen from the United States. It was earned. Kobe's pledge is to earn it back and cement it'splace in the United States for as long as he can play.

Back
Top Bottom