How much money would you save by logging off of NT and Instagram for 6 months?

sneakaprince

Supporter
Hey guys

Just curious how much money do you think you would save if you were to log off of NT and Instagram.

I ask because during my younger years I would take periodic breaks from NT to prevent me from falling victim to hype. I have a bad habit of checking almost every new thread in the JB section and occasionally the Nike retro section. I can’t tell you how many times I let just pure hype and good pictures persuade me into buying **** I had no real need or desire for previously.

Instagram only increases the hype with the constant reminders of **** I either don’t have and don’t need or that I’m on the fence about.

I’ve slowed down a lot with sneakers over the last couple years but I have a habit of picking up new expensive hobbies that are sometimes introduced via the boards.

If I was to guess I’d say over 6 months I’d probably save somewhere around 1-2K by just logging out and doing other more productive ****.

What’s your number?

I doubt id save any money. I don't act impulsively on what others show and tell.

But I know I'd make a lot more with that recouped time. Those minutes/hours per day could be used much more productively.

$0 NT and/or IG doesn't not effect my spending. Gotta be stronger in the mind bro

IG helped me bring in half a mil last year.

If I stopped browsing NT I’d probably save $10k. Bought a lot of sneakers/gear and other random stuff from looking at NT. I have like 8 pairs of DS kicks from last year and a closet full of unworn clothes.

$0 NT and/or IG doesn't not effect my spending. Gotta be stronger in the mind bro

Big facts. Back in the day (2006-2010) NT would have influenced my spending but now I'm just here to kick it in the general forum.

NT IG or any other social media has NEVER influenced or convinced me to buy something.

If i wanted it then i bought it.

RIP if you letting social media effect your bank account

- 500 to 600 dollars. I use niketalk to buy hype items to resale. If I didn't use it as a source, I would be out roughly 100 or so a month (very low obviously cause I don't get too crazy). During prime time yeezy szn a few years back, I made hot cakes from niketalk feeding me the details. This + my 9-5 salary = comfortable. But I am not losing sleep with the missing 100. that just covered my phone bill.

I've done alot of design work for folks on NT. So, I'd probably lose some earning potential, creating new relationships.

I don't spend money on clothes, jewelry, etc. I'm not a victim of consumerism in the least. So there no savings from exposure to things, cus I'm not affected by it at all.

it's not like seeing famous people wear a shoe makes me want to buy them, it's more that i don't really follow sneaker releases much anymore but browsing nt (like the acg thread) is where i get release info. also, people tag me on ig all the time and once in a while, i'll pull the trigger.

With all this being said I wish all these companies would stop trying spying on us to figure out what ads/commercial to show us. It ain’t doing nothing but creeping people out..

Back
Top Bottom