How much of Lil Wayne's success can be attributed to Dipset?

I like wayne and i think dip set makes some entertaining music. But never in my life have i thought about dip set when thinking about lil wayne's rise togreatness. Dip set fans are hilarious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

NTers love to ignore context in time..let's just put it like this..when this video dropped Jr-writer had a bigger buzz then lil wayne in NYC
and out west, this %!$$ was being slapped heavy and a lot of n_'s were asking who JR was...

and I agree with trapmuzik, Wayne straight up kept Juelz relevant nation wide.

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Nobody thinks of Wayne when they think of Dipset, come on now.

lil-wayne-juelz-santana.jpg
everyone knows ninja from NY but n_ in other regions, most people see Juelz and thinks Wayne.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

[cam] We got lil weezy in da house... [/cam]

lil wayne was straight buddy lovin da dips for that NYC appeal....and in tern absorbed alot of they swag, any one from NY saw that a mile away.

NYC appeal?get out of here wit that
please gimme a reason NYC would play Lil wayne cold turkey from outta no where then...
grin.gif

dipset made lil wayne cool in NYC.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

yea dipset aint really blow wayne up... his mixtapes did... workin wit juelz helped him a lil bit i guess...

This and all the features he was doing

He would not have had all those features if he was still rapping the way he was pre Carter era. It's not the mixtapes, it's how/what he spit on thosemixtapes & that style is taken from Gillie,Dip Set,Jay Z.

Back
Top Bottom