How often do you visit your local library?

roc boy jada

Banned
Reaction score
I visited the New York Public Library's site a couple days ago and read about NY libraries possibly facing a budget cut ($37 million) and the losses libraries in NY would have to face as a result.

Here's a brief article about it if anyone's interested:

http://www.nytimes.com/20.../nyregion/15library.html

The thought of that happening really makes me appreciate the library even more.

When I'm home from school, I probably visit the library about three to four times a month, borrowing a few books (no more than four at a time), and / or DVDs.

I'm using it more than I had ever used it in the past; I really wish I had utilized it more back in high school.

Damn 2 or 3 days a week for a library to be open is ridiculous. I never go to the public library tho. Either at school or I buy the books I want.

SUPPORT LOCAL LIBRARIES THEY ARE THE KEY TO THE FUTURE! Living in the projects I try to go as much as I can so when my people ask me where I'm going I can proudly say the library. Set the right trends folks.

Before i began working at my local library, i would go a couple times a month. Now that i work there once a week because i am in school.

people don't even realize the amount of resources their local library has offer, it's really a shame.

Used to go once a month to checkout books.

Now, I don't even see the need for physical books with the Kindle, Nook, and iPad.

It's sad, but true.

This will affect kids and teens the most.

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

Before i began working at my local library, i would go a couple times a month. Now that i work there once a week because i am in school.

people don't even realize the amount of resources their local library has offer, it's really a shame.

Yep. A truly undervalued entity around where I grew up in NYC. You're allowed to borrow up to 50 items at a time. Like, if you're someone who enjoys reading a book, then watching the film based on the book after, the library is for you.

I swear, I could have saved some money in the last year or so. The money that I had spent at Barnes and Noble could have been saved at times if I had only checked the library first.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

never
never although i know what the library has to offer, i always forget when books/dvds are due and then end up charging me. When i was younger they locked my account because i owed like 30 bucks in fees
smh.gif

4-5 times a week before college. Now that I'm in college, I've never gone back
smh.gif

Damn i havent been to the local library in 3-4 years. But the university library is almost a second home for me during school

Back
Top Bottom