HOW OLD IS TO OLD TO WEAR YOUR SHOES?

I am 35 and still wear mine. Kidding. I have some that are late 90's (Zoom GP I and II, Viz Zoom Uptempo, Max Uptempo and 3.0) and I still wear them noproblem. Thing is, I have worn them through the years, not DS for 10 years then wear them.

My oldest pair is a pair of OG Air More Tempos from 1996. They're in great shape and don't appear to be breaking down at all.

It all depends on the shoe and how well it was stored along with whether or not it's been worn (as duke4005 mentioned). If you un-DS a pair of 20+ year oldshoes, it could end badly.

What kind of shoes are you talking about OP?

you should have no problem wearing 2005 retros. Most people have problems with late 90's retros (most notably 99 Retro 4's) that have been on ice forten years and then they break down when they wear them. You should be fine. wear your kicks

I wear all of mine, JUST MAKE SURE YOU ROTATE THEM from time to time...wear them around the house for one day or something to break them out...like someonesaid ^^^^ if you keep them on ice for too long those bad boys might just shatter on you. Stitching if it sits for too long starts to get loose.

Just don't rock bright colorful kicks when you're 30 and over. I see 30 something men wearing bright kicks casually and they look wack

I am over 30 and wear what I want. Because you think I "look wack" I should quit? Bright, dull, whatever, I still look better than skinny jeans andSB Dunks. Sorry.

you could always go with a sporty look even when your old
smile.gif

I'm 34 yrs old and I still rock my J's! I agree with the post "Wear what you want" I work in an office and I wears suits and stuff to workbut after I rock my J's! I'll probably rock J's til the end!
glasses.gif

ONE!

Originally Posted by holyghostthug

I'm 34 yrs old and I still rock my J's! I agree with the post "Wear what you want" I work in an office and I wears suits and stuff to work but after I rock my J's! I'll probably rock J's til the end!
glasses.gif

ONE!
and How often do I have to wear them in order to prevent the break down?
also, if a shoe is dead stock for 10 years and another one had been wore for a long time and then you stopped for 10 years,
which one is more likely to break down?
coz I just have some shoes that I stopped wearing because they started creasing and yellowing.

Originally Posted by duke4005

I am over 30 and wear what I want. Because you think I "look wack" I should quit? Bright, dull, whatever, I still look better than skinny jeans and SB Dunks. Sorry.
Wear what you want, true, but there will come a point when you need to realize that you're no longer a "youngin" and bright coloredkicks on a 30+ man is not a good look.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I am over 30 and wear what I want. Because you think I "look wack" I should quit? Bright, dull, whatever, I still look better than skinny jeans and SB Dunks. Sorry.
Wear what you want, true, but there will come a point when you need to realize that you're no longer a "youngin" and bright colored kicks on a 30+ man is not a good look.
Agreed. Not about to exit the house wearing some plaid shorts, black dress socks and Tennis Ball Hypermax. But I would look no more ridiculouswearing a pair of Jordans and jeans than all these emo/goth kids weraing skinny jeans, v-necks w/hoodies, and the latest neon Dunks. I wear my Huarache Lights,Kobe Carpe Diems, and adidas sunshine Kobe I's and look better than them, no doubt.

chiwa chiwa grammar check.

...but Idk, I think if you're conscious of style at any age then go for it.

#+$@ my oldest pair are probably my Space Jams. They got a lot of where and would be in good shape but the soles fell of years ago.
tired.gif
They just need somecement glue they still look real nice.

ACBboyz84 wrote:

duke4005 wrote:

Wear what you want, true, but there will come a point when you need to realize that you're no longer a "youngin" and bright colored kicks on a 30+ man is not a good look.

Agreed. Not about to exit the house wearing some plaid shorts, black dress socks and Tennis Ball Hypermax. But I would look no more ridiculous wearing a pair of Jordans and jeans than all these emo/goth kids weraing skinny jeans, v-necks w/hoodies, and the latest neon Dunks. I wear my Huarache Lights, Kobe Carpe Diems, and adidas sunshine Kobe I's and look better than them, no doubt.

so your fashion goal is to be the second worst dressed. as long as you aren't the worst looking guy out there you're ok? do you have a group of gothkids to walk around with everywhere you go so people can compare you to them?

I'm 33 and I still wear jordans all the time. To answer op question I have a pair of x's from 2005 that I do wear on a regular basis. They areholding up fine but I have always worn them so I dont know how a ds pair would do.

Back
Top Bottom