how rare are air jordan VI olympics, V laneys,V White/Silver

oly vi's are the rarest, vi is a rare shoe in general
ive only seen a couple in real life, one was the oly's

I had a pair of Oly 6's I copped from Niketown NY. I was like 13 years old I wish I took of my sneakers back then like I do now. I remember everybody wasasking when did those release and where did you get them from.

114703_110fcf9a79_l.jpg

The Oly VI's are very nice in person. Here's a pic of my pair, still DS 7 years later
happy.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

I have a question. How rare are the White/Zen Grey XI lows (the all white patent leather ones)? I heard they were the rarest of all the XI retros

These were a Niketown Exclusive as well, like the VI Olympics I believe. The production numbers were higher I'm sure, but they very well could be the"rarest" XI Low (at least in terms of actual production numbers)... but all the XI Low's are rare now.

I think they are all rare right now. I copped the vi's from the flightclub 1/2 size too big cause i wanted them so bad and couldnt find them.

Originally Posted by OzHoops23

114703_110fcf9a79_l.jpg

The Oly VI's are very nice in person. Here's a pic of my pair, still DS 7 years later
happy.gif
nice pair mine arent DS at all lost the box about 5 years ago along with retro card

I hope the general public gets sick of Jordan so I can get some shoes for really cheap again.

Hells yeah!

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I hope the general public gets sick of Jordan so I can get some shoes for really cheap again.

Yea I remember when nobody even cared for those laney Vs when they came out. And JB can help by quitting with their marketing gimmicks like with thetitanium XX3s and release shoes as GRs so people can get them easily...like the recent retro aqua and playoff 8s--they're nice shoes and there wasnt reallya fight for them and people who really like the shoes got them easily. I remember just a few years ago when I could walk into a regular shoe store any time onrelease day and easily get my size...like for my cool grey IVs...not camp out or anything like now.

Yea I remember I was so ticked when I bought my Laneys pretty much close to the release then I see them go for half for what I paid like a month or 2 later

Could've sworn it was 2000 pairs for the Olympic VIs...

I remember the the SLAM cover announcing the Olympic VI release,

but I don't remember if it said "2000 only made" or "3000 only made."

Is that gonna make you want a pair now or what?
grin.gif

Laney Vs were whatever and are still whatever to me.

All of these came out back in '99-2000 so I guess that makes them rare.
The VI's were definatley not a GR and more rare than the other 2.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Olympic VI's were online only. Those V's were GR and sat on clearance racks for almost a year.
I had so many chances to pick up those V's for $50 each
smh.gif

yeah i copped both for 39.99 each, if you saw my white/silver's now, you'd probably be a little sad. they're beat to hell.

From what I've learned, the Oly VI was the rarest of the three pairs you inquired about. They indeed released online but did surface at some Niketowns andI'm sure some other retailers. I was informed there were only around 3000 pairs produced. Times were different in the Jordan game, even just seven shortyears ago. The Laneys I recall did sell poorly, but we never had enough around my way for them to make it to clearance raccs. The white/silver sold fairly wellas I recall, but I only saw them on like two or three guys in all these years. I passed on them for some GR Air Max Tailwinds
embarassed.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
and regretted it from August 2000 until now. Not only didhalf the cats have those Tailwinds I copped, but as aforementioned I never did see many people roccin the white/silver V...

The OLY VI's are indeed the rarest of the bunch, as well as the most expensive right now. The bigger sizes are harder to find now, I am still on the huntfor a second pair in my size. IMO I think the VI's in general are one of the harder to get J's next to the black/cement III's & IV's. MyVI's are the coveted part of collection....
Here is my pair...

only 3000 pairs of the olympic vis were made
niketowns and ndc were the only places that received the shoes
became extremely popular after vin and ray wore them in the olympics
sold a pair a year ago for 1000

WISH MY 6'S WERENT BEAT...AS WELL AS MY WHITE/SILVER 5'S.....IF I POSTED PICS YALL PROB LAUGH...

Back
Top Bottom