How to get NT to STOP sending me emails?

I'm on this site all say at work I don't need email notifications ever. I disabled it in my preferences and turn off watching threads and it still don't work. I blocked em on one email and it shut down my account. Added another and these emails persists. What did I do to deserve this?????!!!!! *Rozay voice*

I like this thread. I did not out as much effort into making them stop as you did, but if someone could point us in the right direction, that'd be great.

Under the “preferences” tab.. I just unchecked all the boxes that said “and recieve email notifications of replies” and I no longer recieve any emails. I might have changed a setting somewhere else too. Let me check real quick.

C2211465-F54F-4694-AA27-F1EC0240F3EB.png

Ok I think I remember now..

In all the threads that I watch, I make sure to unclick the box that says “and recieve email notifications”. If that doesn’t work, then idk lol. I think I used to uncheck that box on every thread I replied to, but now it seems to be done by default.

FE52F3A4-C405-44E1-809D-DA0815849562.png

Thanks for the help. That didn't work for me. I opened up one of the emails and all the way at the bottom in grey text it said "disable all emails". Then it lead me to this blank update screen. I hit update and ok... So far so good

Looks like there's some bug with how they've set up NT and it won't accept the user preferences for emails. :smh:

Bad enough that NT seems to be at an all time low in terms of membership, (useful) posts, etc... so I hope receiving 30+ emails a day isn't scaring people off.

The platform's UI for email subscription settings is poor, in my opinion.

We have two guides to help with this in our FAQ section:

https://niketalk.com/threads/guide-adjust-your-email-notification-preferences.664344/
https://niketalk.com/threads/how-to...able-email-alerts-for-watched-threads.664343/

The first covers how to adjust general email notification settings. The second goes over how to disable email alerts for watched threads.

Generally, it's the latter issue that people tend to struggle with, as most of us have our accounts set to automatically watch threads we reply to.

This is an area where our forum software is in need of improvement. Hopefully that will occur with future updates. If not, it's a significant enough issue that we'd have to look at custom development if necessary.
Disabling email notifications should be a simple, straightforward process. What we have now is needlessly confusing and complicated. There should be ONE setting to convert all existing subscription settings, aside from manually requested system emails like password recovery messages, to on-site notifications only.

Back
Top Bottom