How was the early 2000s?

Get ready to start to bust out laughing. These right here are 2 of Reggaeton funniest songs ever made from the early 2000s!

Last edited:
those Reggaeton sex compilations were crucial.

da best one is.

still a club banger.

Last edited:
those Reggaeton sex compilations were crucial.

da best one is.

still a club banger.
Yeah that ''Puta'' song lol. Reggaeton Sex is what made people to start and take notice of this genre. That music was so controversial that the Cristina Show on Univision had to talk about it, how degrading it was blah, blah, blah lol. Let's be honest Cristina aint no saint everybody talks here and there some profanity some more than others. So when I heard Reggaeton Sex it was a breath of fresh air for me. They just didn't give a damn. DJ Blass, Plan B, Speedy, Great Kilo, La Gringa, Guelo Star etc. all formed Reggaeton Sex!

Last edited:
This Reggaeton Sex song was also pretty popular ''No Puedo Estar Sin Sex'' by Plan B produced DJ Blass

Esa pista siempre sera magica algo como de otro mundo gracias DJ Blass!

I still remember that a lot of the Reggaeton producers/dj's from the 90s. They started to see what was the new formula that people were gravitating too in the early 2000s and they heard and saw that DJ Blass was that cat that everybody wanted a beat from. So those producers/dj's before Blass started to switch it up also, perfect examples are on the Playero 42 Album the beats sound way different from the stuff Playero put out before. Dj Goldy also older stuff was different. Dj Joe, Dj Dicky, Dj Adam, Dj Eric... Here are some songs for you to see for yourself what I'm talking about...

DJ Eric Industry Vol. 6 All Stars Part. 2 Don Omar, Karel & Voltio, Jackie (2002)

Don Omar - ''Desde Que Llego'' prod. Dj Eric

Karel & Voltio - ''Sigue Bailando'' prod. Dj Eric

Jackie - ''Pegate'' prod. Dj Eric

Eddie Dee - ''Soltero y Sin Compromiso'' prod. by Dj Adam (2002)

Last edited:
that's because older playero was essentially a smorgasbord of Jamaican beats, mid 90's hiphop, and da older Panamanian production.

I swear if DJ Blass wouldn't have come in the picture in the early 2000s. I think Reggaeton would of never took off like it did. Luny Tunes, Noriega, Eliel probably would of never existed, It would of have remain Underground forever!

I swear if DJ Blass wouldn't have come in the picture in the early 2000s. I think Reggaeton would of never took off like it did. Luny Tunes, Noriega, Eliel probably would of never existed, It would of have remain Underground forever!

look at da releases of Daddy Yankee..his debut dropped in 1995...he ain't sniff another release till 2002.

he only lived on playero tapes...and da sound of em are straight alien compared to DJ blass.

look at da releases of Daddy Yankee..his debut dropped in 1995...he ain't sniff another release till 2002.

he only lived on playero tapes...and da sound of em are straight alien compared to DJ blass.
Straight Facts right there!

Cause I'm a OG/Pioneer in this I prefer El Cangri.com from all the Daddy Yankee albums that he ever put out nothing compares to El Cangri.com. I know a lot of people would prefer Barrio Fino and probably the other ones, but I just gotta keep it real El Cangri.com hands down his best album ever El Cangri.com, num. 2 for me is Barrio Fino.

Last edited:
I was a fan of the dj dicky no fear 4 album case
laugh.gif
. Here some cds i have.
Dj Dicky No Fear 4 Sin Miedo was a Classic! Yo nice Reggaeton Collection you have there... You really know your stuff also, thanks God cause I be tired of those fake die hard Reggaeton fans!

Last edited:
In the early 2000s a Reggaeton radio show existed with Dj Kazzanova & Dj Creme on Latino Mix 105.9 FM then a little later when Reggaeton blew up ''Worldwide'' they decided to change the name to 105.9 FM La Kalle and then they changed it to what now is called X96.3 FM.

Here's a video/small documentary with Celines Toribio as the host and some Reggaeton Pioneers like Dj Nelson, Richie Owner of the OG Reggaeton Magazine ''In The House'' and Dj Kazzanova & Dj Creme at the time from Latino Mix 105.9 FM all talking about the Reggaeton movement. This video was made in the early 2000s. I remember recording this in a video cassette. I got crazy, I was like yo they about to talk about Reggaeton. I gotta record it, all this appeared on a channel called Metro.

La Mega 97.9 FM They really wasn't playing no Underground Reggaeton records probably just some Tego Calderon here and there, but big ups to Dj Kazzanova & Dj Creme on Latino Mix 105.9 FM. I still remember like if it was yesterday they used to play everything that was poppin back than in the island P.R.

Last edited:
I remember i was smashing a chick and da radio was playing non stop Reggaeton in da background...i asked her "damn how long is that reggaeton CD u got?"

she was like "nah baby, thats da radio..they got a reggaeton station now"

yo i was hyped. :lol:

too bad they couldn't keep it going, I suspect it was too early at da time..not enough songs to support a 24/7 band...IMO

Probably not a lot of people know this but Playero also used to make beats under another name he used the name Majestic this all began in the early 2000s. One day on the radio I heard him talking about it, that he was signed to some music company that wouldn't let him produce for other people from other music companies, under the name DJ Playero so he decided to use the name Majestic. Remember the Underground Hit song ''Yo No Soy Tu Marido'' by Nicky Jam well Majestic a.k.a. Playero made that beat. Nicky Jam even says his name at the end of the song Majestic. Another song that was real popular in the early 2000s that also was produced under the name Majestic was ''Porque Tu No Estas'' by Alberto Stylee. This Alberto Stylee song came out in 2004, that incredible time when mun2's The Roof still existed.

Alberto Stylee - Porque Tu No Estas

ninjahood one time you mention on here, that when a Reggaeton artist raps over a Hip Hop beat, it sounds more like some Chicano/Mexican Hip Hop. I have to disagree with that opinion cause Puerto Rico and Mexico's lingo and the way they speak, their accent are totally different from eachother. I have heard some rap from Mexico like Kinto Sol and it sounds way different from the Spanish Rap in Puerto Rico. Now if you was to tell me that when they rap in Spanish it sounds like some Cuban Hip Hop or Venezuelan Hip Hop that would be a much better comparison. Although Puerto Rico is on a league of its own, when it comes to Spanish Hip Hop especially the stuff that came out in the 90s. Another thing a lot of Reggaeton artists admit that their first influences were from the Hip Hop culture then came the Reggae. Lito & Polaco, Tempo, Vico C, MC Ceja, Eddie Dee, Mr. Cavalucci, Daddy Yankee, Voltio, Tego Calderon, for example on Tego's ''El Abayarde'' album he has some Spanish Hip Hop records aside from his Reggaeton records. When the rappers that I just mention rap on a Hip Hop beat, to me they don't sound like some Chicano/Mexican Hip Hop. Cavalucci was one of the illest back in the days! ''Que Sera Nuestro Destino'' by Cavalucci came out on Daddy Yankee's El Cartel De Yankee album.

Lito & Polaco - Sucesos

My early 2000s consist a lot from Reggaeton. So I'm just posting and talking about the Reggaeton from the early 2000s.

Right here goes Lito & Polaco's biggest hit ever ''Mundo Frio'' from 2002. This is some ganster sh*t, they spitting about living in a cold world!

Lito & Polaco - Mundo Frio

Back
Top Bottom