How was the early 2000s?

Now looking back. 98-2002 was some real good years! i was 11-15 years old. Rap Music was at it's golden times during that year. The Def Jam 2000 era and the Cash Money era was pretty dope as well. Back then, people were ACTUALLY buying cd's at the store. I was on music videos heavy at the time. Also, back then , you would hear new songs on the radio compared to the internet. In 2001 we got the internet for the first time and it was cable connection, which was relatively new at the time. We were hyped that we could be on the phone land-line on the internet at the same time..LOL! I feel so nostalgic reading these posts lol.

Around 280 or so.

Then beh tells me he copped em for a price much lower...and I thought I got a steal too.  

mean.gif
roll.gif
sorry man

Tag your man, tag your man, tag your man.
Head to head, head to head, head to head.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Thought about posting this but didn't think anyone would remember 
laugh.gif

Very memorable time for me. I was in High School around that time.Everything being said in this thread was true. I still think the 90's were a lot more fun. Communication is probably the biggest difference from then and now.

Can't speak for anyone else but in LA if your white tee with the tag out wasn't a Pro Club you got clowned.

Can't speak for anyone else but in LA if your white tee with the tag out wasn't a Pro Club you got clowned.
Dudes would try to get away with those horrible footlocker ones :lol:
Pro clubs then pro5's started poppin cause the pro club neck would stretch out too much :smh:

State property , dipset, and g-unit were on top. Nas vs jay z debates
3xL white t"s Jordan's was 125$
U used to knock up for your friends
Land lines were used
Playin diablo II was in. Playin counter strike also,
U didn't have the Internet on your phone.
Jada styles n sheek was nice but ain't have no major push...

I'm 24 graduated 07' and Beanie Siegel and styles P are STILL my favorite rappers.

This sums it up on the most real and depressing way. 00's was the last decade where you actually met people face to face and you FELT things towards them because you were communicating in their presence. Everything you did was in real time. With technology now, I feel like no one ever really invests themselves in anything they do anymore.

^You ain't lying about that. Even something as simple as remembering someone's phone numberand individually typing the #'s in instead of just scrolling through the contacts and hitting call, that's a little thing I miss doing

so much money!!!!!!!!!!

i literally ran with millionaires...

and EVERY ONE WAS GETTING IT!!!!!

it was only a matter of time :smh:

.99 cents for gas is DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from NYC to VA on $20!

Best of both worlds.
Technology was just bubbling, but we also had fun in person too.

I feel like the generation before me didnt have the luxury of social media/smartphones and the generation after me feels more comfortable talking to a monitor than face to face. My generation hit that sweet spot.

Back
Top Bottom