How would Team 'Spain' do in the NBA?

Are you guys @*$%+%# stupid? They almost beat the USA OLYMPIC TEAM in 2008 that featured just about every max paid player in the NBA on the team. And that was with a 17 year old Ricky Rubio running point and when Marc Gasol was still the fat brother of Pau Gasol. It was also without Ibaka. That USA team had Kobe still in his prime, Melo, Bron, Bosh, Dwight Howard, D-Wade, Kidd still playing really good ball, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Boozer, Tayshaun and Michael Redd is glue guys......and they still could barely beat that Spain team. Dudes in hear talking about "hmm maybe a pretty decent team if their chemistrys good"........hey dumb *%+, most of those guys have played together since they were damn toddlers. They would destroy the Heat, Bulls, Thunder or any other NBA team. The front court alone of the two Gasols, Ibaka and Reyes would be unstoppable, and then you have one of the best passers in the world in Rubio now 21 years old instead of 18, and very good wingmen in Fernandez, JJ Navarro and Victor Claver. I wish they would put that Spain team in the NBA, kids in the US would actually see how real basketball is played on a normal basis instead of a bunch of Sportscenter highlights.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Are you guys @*$%+%# stupid? 
Yep. Just like with every other post you make, everyone is stupid except for you. You, and you alone, hold all the answers.
Also.. the HELL are you talking about? There aren't dozens of pages of people saying they would be trash.. 

Originally Posted by dland24

In the West, they would be a 6-10 seed. In the East they would be a 2-4 seed.

Yeah because they could almost beat Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Wade, Dwight Howard, CP3, Kidd, Deron Williams and Bosh but nah....they'd barely stand a chance against the Bulls with Derrick Rose alongside CJ Watson, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, 80 year old Rip Hamilton, Joakim Noah, Ronnie Brewer, Taj Gibson and Kyle Korver.
We live in the most ignorant country in the world.....

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Championship contender.

Agreed.
If they can take the Redeem team to the final minutes in 2008, imagine how'd they do with NBA teams. The teamwork and chemistry has always been immaculate.

for those of you comparing Spain to Team USA, you need to remember the USA was playing out of their NBA element with the FIBA rules. Having said that, you gotta think that Spain would have the same struggles of adjusting to NBA rules as USA struggled with FIBA rules.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

for those of you comparing Spain to Team USA, you need to remember the USA was playing out of their NBA element with the FIBA rules. Having said that, you gotta think that Spain would have the same struggles of adjusting to NBA rules as USA struggled with FIBA rules.

Most/all of their most important players already play in the NBA though, so I'm not sure I see your point. 

Fair enough, just trying to play devils advocate. Could perhaps the FIBA rules allow international teams to do much better against more athletic teams tho?

if this was soccer the country of Spain has a lot going for em, basketball they would be around th 5th seed possibly 1 or 2 spots higher

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Fair enough, just trying to play devils advocate. Could perhaps the FIBA rules allow international teams to do much better against more athletic teams tho?
The team would be damn good but this is definitely an issue. Team USA is not used to the shorter 3 pt line (less space to work with), the physicality randomly allowed by the refs, the weird lane, no defensive 3 seconds, etc. Team USA also doesn't have the chemistry that Team Spain does - NBA teams have much better chemistry. The squad would be extremely weak at both wing positions on offense and defense (especially defense). I definitely see them being an elite team in the league (great PG + 2 all star big men) but I can't see them taking it all. Any wing player would have a field day against the wings - Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, Durant, etc. 
Buc needs to settle down - 1 close Olympic game with FIBA rules is very different than 82 NBA games with NBA rules. 

Originally Posted by mgrand15

This guy put Pau Gasol at SF.

Seriously? For real?

Who would you put at SF then?
roll.gif
I rather put Marc or Ibaka at PF if it was between them 3.

Is this a serious question? I don't see how anyone wouldn't think they would be at least a good team. No brainer in my opinion.

Are you guys **%!+%@ stupid? They almost beat the USA OLYMPIC TEAM in 2008 that featured just about every max paid player in the NBA on the team. And that was with a 17 year old Ricky Rubio running point and when Marc Gasol was still the fat brother of Pau Gasol. It was also without Ibaka. That USA team had Kobe still in his prime, Melo, Bron, Bosh, Dwight Howard, D-Wade, Kidd still playing really good ball, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Boozer, Tayshaun and Michael Redd is glue guys......and they still could barely beat that Spain team. Dudes in hear talking about "hmm maybe a pretty decent team if their chemistrys good"........hey dumb !%*, most of those guys have played together since they were damn toddlers. They would destroy the Heat, Bulls, Thunder or any other NBA team. The front court alone of the two Gasols, Ibaka and Reyes would be unstoppable, and then you have one of the best passers in the world in Rubio now 21 years old instead of 18, and very good wingmen in Fernandez, JJ Navarro and Victor Claver. I wish they would put that Spain team in the NBA, kids in the US would actually see how real basketball is played on a normal basis instead of a bunch of Sportscenter highlights.

Marc Gasol is still Pau's fat brother
laugh.gif
The front court u deem as unstoppable doesn't impress me much
laugh.gif

Ricky Rubio is extremely overrated and obviously fragile as %$+%.

The starting 5 that OP posted doesn't scream power house to me. To say that team would dominate the NBA is an idiotic statement
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

Are you guys **%!+%@ stupid? They almost beat the USA OLYMPIC TEAM in 2008 that featured just about every max paid player in the NBA on the team. And that was with a 17 year old Ricky Rubio running point and when Marc Gasol was still the fat brother of Pau Gasol. It was also without Ibaka. That USA team had Kobe still in his prime, Melo, Bron, Bosh, Dwight Howard, D-Wade, Kidd still playing really good ball, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Boozer, Tayshaun and Michael Redd is glue guys......and they still could barely beat that Spain team. Dudes in hear talking about "hmm maybe a pretty decent team if their chemistrys good"........hey dumb !%*, most of those guys have played together since they were damn toddlers. They would destroy the Heat, Bulls, Thunder or any other NBA team. The front court alone of the two Gasols, Ibaka and Reyes would be unstoppable, and then you have one of the best passers in the world in Rubio now 21 years old instead of 18, and very good wingmen in Fernandez, JJ Navarro and Victor Claver. I wish they would put that Spain team in the NBA, kids in the US would actually see how real basketball is played on a normal basis instead of a bunch of Sportscenter highlights.

Marc Gasol is still Pau's fat brother
laugh.gif
The front court u deem as unstoppable doesn't impress me much
laugh.gif

Ricky Rubio is extremely overrated and obviously fragile as %$+%.

The starting 5 that OP posted doesn't scream power house to me. To say that team would dominate the NBA is an idiotic statement
laugh.gif

Oh word? That fat brother of Pau's was an All-Star this past year and is one of the best centers in the entire league. He's probably the third best center in the league. If Pau isn't still the best power forward in the league, then he's #2 behind Love. Although Gasol is still lightyears ahead of Love in the post where a power forward is actually supposed to be. Then they'd have Serge Ibaka, the best defensive power forward in the league.
Ricky Rubio sufferred a freak knee injury, he's never been injury prone prior to that. I'd like to know how exactly he's overrated too. What do people overrate him at? He's one of the best passers in the world. Nobody says anything about his jumper, and I've yet to hear anybody say he's a top 3 point guard in the league or anything.

I wish Rubio didn't get injured, I'd love to see Spain bust that ++$ this summer. Without Dwight and Rose your looking at losing two big advantages that USA had. The most athletic point guard in the Olympics and the best center. Maybe the two most athletic players that would have been playing in the entire Olympics.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

racist-spain-basketball.jpg

Spain>*
GORDON GARTRELLE was defending that so hard.
laugh.gif

Glad he hasn't posted since that gold medal game.
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
At least not under that name.
wink.gif

How do you defend that???
roll.gif

I still get lightweight offended when I see that pic
laugh.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The crux of his defense was "You have to understand the culture. None of you ignorant dolts are Spanish, so quit your yappin'."

Eh, also gotta count the fact that other teams lose these guys. I'd say a conference final wouldn't be out of the question.

Gordon Gartrelle
laugh.gif

Most ignorant country in the world because of this topic
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom