How would you change the Gun Laws?

Would you allow the Public Guns

• Yes The Public Gets Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only certain individuals in the public gets guns (state who these people are)

• Only Current Government Workers

• Total voters
OK this may turn into a Fail on my part but with all the talk about stricter gun control the question is how would Niketalk "Change" them.

HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE GUN LAWS

Statistics

From a quick search of the web we seem to have 31,224 gun related deaths per year and over half of those are suicides (17,352 ) so really

http://www.cdc.gov/NCHS/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_19.pdf

13,872 deaths in homicides. Thats lets say 1 shooter per death when we have 65 million gun owners in America, which is 2.13% of Gun Owners.

We have 32,885 fatal car crashes a year
http://www.statisticbrain.com/car-crash-fatality-statistics-2/

Which according to the same site is 1.1 per 100 million cars and there are 250 million registered cars in this country according to Wikipedia.

So 2.75% of Cars end up in fatal accidents. Now even if my math is wrong it clear to see that gun murders are low compared to those who legally own.

How I would do it

I suggest we have a section of the DMV funded by gun owners that makes sure people are mentally able to own a gun and know how to use them. It can be a tax for those who own guns so the general Populous don't pay or worry about it. It can be handled in the DMV in those empty windows that are never used so cost can be keep down.

Please remember the illegal mass murders were done mostly with illegally gained Firearms. The Guy would shoot up the school stole his mothers guns which leads me to believe she was a responsible gun owner even if she was relax around him.(WHO THINKS THEIR 20 YEAR OLD CHILD IS GONNA STEAL THEIR GUNS AND DO WHAT HE DID.)

Cliffs for the LAZY

• Percentage of those who Own Guns and Kill people 2.13%
  • Section of the DMV designated for Gun safety and registration is my Idea. Making a license mandatory for all owners.

In your would how would Guns Be regulated?

Last edited:
The Block would be hot for a summer but when everyone is open carry, 9 times out of 10 I bet someone will think twice before they just pull one out.
So I can respect that.
Do you really think so? On "the Block", isn't most gun crime motivated by drug trade/some other gang related conflict? If you're on one side of that conflict and armed, why would you assume the other side isn't? How would looser gun laws change this scenario at all?

The Block would be hot for a summer but when everyone is open carry, 9 times out of 10 I bet someone will think twice before they just pull one out.
So I can respect that.
That's what you think, ok. 

Just like they said ending prohibition would help curve deaths and violence, right?  How many people die a year due to alcohol again?  And I'm not just talking about car accidents.  I'm talking drunken fights that turn into murders, misunderstandings with a drunk person turns into murder, drunken negligence, etc.

Last edited:
Do you really think so? On "the Block", isn't most gun crime motivated by drug trade/some other gang related conflict? If you're on one side of that conflict and armed, why would you assume the other side isn't? How would looser gun laws change this scenario at all?
Yea but when the entire neighbor hood has guns its would be harder to just roll up on someone and just get out.

I tried to use the term more in the sense that the stupid people would try a bunch of stuff the after the law goes into effect but lessons would be learned because everyone is armed.

Don't fully agree with everyone having guns but that's the conclusion i see if NationalTrucker got his way. More second thoughts on firing at someone.

Last edited:
So your solution is for everyone to carry guns all the time? And that seems like a safer scenario to you than the current one?

So your solution is for everyone to carry guns all the time? And that seems like a safer scenario to you than the current one?
No in my first post. I stated I would have a section of the DMV that would determine who would get access to guns based on test in safety and mental stability. This would make a gun license required for ownership.

You cant buy a gun without the approved licences. That way we are sure that person is safe and the guns he/she buys are tracked and legal.

- Making sure nobody with documented mental issues of any kind gets anywhere near a gun

- Rigorous screening process to even be considered to be able to own a gun

- Army weapons should never touch civilian hands

- 10 Years of Mandatory Time for each bullet fired in a crime

- Increasing penalties for having an illegal gun

But most importantly . . . A HUGE GUN TAX AND EVEN BIGGER AMMO TAX. Because nobody, except the rich dealers and the lunatics, nobody is trying to take a financial L on some bullets. Prices should be ridiculous, not just for the money to the government, but just to make people think twice, say if they're just committing a robbery or something.

Just keep combat weapons out of the hands of civilians like the one used in Newtown.
mean.gif
Single shot muskets were used in the bloodiest battles of the Civil Wars.

German and Russian troops fought in all along the eastern front with what basically amounted to hunting rifles. 

Your "combat weapons" point makes no real sense.

- Making sure nobody with documented mental issues of any kind gets anywhere near a gun​

- Rigorous screening process to even be considered to be able to own a gun​

- Army weapons should never touch civilian hands​

- 10 Years of Mandatory Time for each bullet fired in a crime​

- Increasing penalties for having an illegal gun​

But most importantly . . . A HUGE GUN TAX AND EVEN BIGGER AMMO TAX. Because nobody, except the rich dealers and the lunatics, nobody is trying to take a financial L on some bullets. Prices should be ridiculous, not just for the money to the government, but just to make people think twice, say if they're just committing a robbery or something.​

The first thing I thought of

Though I see we are in agreence though the ammo tax shouldn't be too high.

Last edited:
I understand the sport aspect of gun ownership
Nobody is shooting deer with this
View media item 174041

Plenty of people shoot deer with AR15's. They're accurate, lightweight, modular and reliable.

You know what else is a combat rifle this.
View media item 174062
It's also more accurate and fires a bigger round too. But they don't look scary so no one wants to ban them.

This also used to be a combat rifle.

View media item 171353
Once again very accurate and fires a bigger round. It's also a semi auto too. Once again no one wants to ban these.

Last edited:
Yea but when the entire neighbor hood has guns its would be harder to just roll up on someone and just get out.
I tried to use the term more in the sense that the stupid people would try a bunch of stuff the after the law goes into effect but lessons would be learned because everyone is armed.
Don't fully agree with everyone having guns but that's the conclusion i see if NationalTrucker got his way. More second thoughts on firing at someone.

son youll be ok with every knucklehead in the hood carrying?...are you out of your mind?

Back
Top Bottom