How would you change the Gun Laws?

Would you allow the Public Guns

• Yes The Public Gets Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only certain individuals in the public gets guns (state who these people are)

• Only Current Government Workers

• Total voters

i know man....i know.

fortunately for the rest of america that arrogance, and that attitude will do nothing but fuel the inevitable change you and your ilk are fighting so hard against.

by all means, climb a mountaintop, find a soapbox, get a bullhorn and spew your stubborn stance as loud and as far as you can for all the public to see. further cementing your fate.

i really do LOVE it.

the NRA's "more guns" answer was their 47% speech heard round the country.

i know man....i know.

fortunately for the rest of america that arrogance, and that attitude will do nothing but fuel the inevitable change you and your ilk are fighting so hard against.

by all means, climb a mountaintop, find a soapbox, get a bullhorn and spew your stubborn stance as loud and as far as you can for all the public to see. further cementing your fate.

i really do LOVE it.

I just find it amusing that you are telling me what I need and don't need. Never have I heard of someone who actually had to use a firearm in self-defense and thought to themselves "wow, I wish I had less ammo right now." Personally I don't see any legislation upcoming, the votes aren't there. Also like with every other gun law the only people who would follow that 10 round BS are law abiding citizens. The criminals still won't care.

I do have a question though, for the people who do currently own a lot of ammo, what do you do about them?

i know man....i know.

i really do LOVE it.

I just find it amusing that you are telling me what I need and don't need. Never have I heard of someone who actually had to use a firearm in self-defense and thought to themselves "wow, I wish I had less ammo right now." Personally I don't see any legislation upcoming, the votes aren't there. Also like with every other gun law the only people who would follow that 10 round BS are law abiding citizens. The criminals still won't care.

I do have a question though, for the people who do currently own a lot of ammo, what do you do about them?
thats liberals for you, word to da "v8 muscle cars & SUVs shoudn't be made and we should only be drinking soda outta 16 oz cups"

Last edited:
I have no Idea whats going on in my own thread? Is this no a Screw NRA thing, racism, liberal vs conservative or what?

Last edited:
Here's my plan:

Civilians are not allowed access to assault weapons. You do not "need" an assault weapon for any legit purposes.

Those who hunt are allowed to purchase weapons from a designated list. You must show a valid hunters license upon purchase as well as a positive result from a basic mental health examination. Everyone must pass this basic méntal health exam before purchasing any weapon.

Civilians looking to purchase a weapon for protection must also pass a basic mental health exam before purchase of any weapon from a designated list of allowable weapons.

Here's my plan:
Civilians are not allowed access to assault weapons. You do not "need" an assault weapon for any legit purposes.
Those who hunt are allowed to purchase weapons from a designated list. You must show a valid hunters license upon purchase as well as a positive result from a basic mental health examination. Everyone must pass this basic méntal health exam before purchasing any weapon.
Civilians looking to purchase a weapon for protection must also pass a basic mental health exam before purchase of any weapon from a designated list of allowable weapons.

Please tell me, what is an assault weapon? There are assault rifles, but their ownership is already heavily regulated.

Last edited:
Title: Impacts of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban: 1994-96.
Series: Research in Brief
Author(s): Jeffrey A. Roth and Christopher S. Koper
Published: National Institute of Justice, March 1999
Subject(s): Program evaluations, crime prevention, gun violence
18 pages
49,000 bytes

-------------------------------

This is an ASCII plain-text file. To view this document in its graphic
format, download the Adobe Acrobat graphic file available from this Web
site or order a print copy from NCJRS at 800-851-3420 (887-712-9279 for
TTY users).

U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Justice Programs
National Institute of Justice

National Institute of Justice
Jeremy Travis, Director

March 1999

ISSUES AND FINDINGS

Discussed in this Brief: This study examines the short-term impact (1994-
96) of the assault weapons ban on gun markets and gun-related violence as
contained in Title XI of the Federal Violent Crime Control and Law
Enforcement Act of 1994. Title XI prohibits the manufacture, sale, and
possession of specific makes and models of military-style semiautomatic
firearms and other semiautomatics with multiple military-style features
(detachable magazines, flash suppressors, folding rifle stocks, and
threaded barrels for attaching silencers) and outlaws most large capacity
magazines (ammunition- feeding devices) capable of holding more than 10
rounds of ammunition. Weapons and magazines manufactured prior to
September 13, 1994, are exempt from the ban.

Key issues: Although the weapons banned by this legislation were used
only rarely in gun crimes before the ban, supporters felt that these
weapons posed a threat to public safety because they are capable of firing
many shots rapidly. They argued that these characteristics enhance
offenders' ability to kill and wound more persons and to inflict multiple
wounds on each victim, so that a decrease in their use would reduce the
fatality rate of gun attacks.

The ban's impact on lethal gun violence is unclear because the short period
since the enabling legislation's passage created methodological difficulties
for researchers. The National Institute of Justice is funding a followup
study by the authors that is expected to be released in 2000. It will assess
the longer term impacts of the ban and the effects of the other firearms
provisions of Title XI. The long-term impacts of the ban could differ
substantially from the short-term impacts.

Key findings: The authors, using a variety of national and local data
sources, examined market trends--prices, production, and thefts--for the
banned weapons and close substitutes before estimating potential ban
effects and their consequences.

--The research shows that the ban triggered speculative price increases and
ramped-up production of the banned firearms prior to the law's
implementation, followed by a substantial postban drop in prices to levels
of previous years.

--Criminal use of the banned guns declined, at least temporarily, after the
law went into effect, which suggests that the legal stock of preban assault
weapons was, at least for the short term, largely in the hands of collectors
and dealers.

--Evidence suggests that the ban may have contributed to a reduction in
the gun murder rate and murders of police officers by criminals armed
with assault weapons.

--The ban has failed to reduce the average number of victims per gun
murder incident or multiple gunshot wound victims.

Target audience: Congressional representatives and staff; State and local
legislators; Federal, State, and local law enforcement officials; criminal
justice practitioners and researchers; advocacy groups; State and local
government officials. https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=173405

Q. How many NRA members does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. More guns.

I'm stealing that joke

The NYPD recently shot 9 people while attempting to shoot a suspect.

Trained professionals with experiance shot 9 bystanders while attempting to shoot 1 suspect.

But hey I'm sure some George Zimmerman wannabes and teachers will do an excellent job if 1 or 2 crazy teens in body armor with machine guns come busting through the door

I'm stealing that joke
Trained professionals with experiance shot 9 bystanders while attempting to shoot 1 suspect.
But hey I'm sure some George Zimmerman wannabes and teachers will do an excellent job if 1 or 2 crazy teens in body armor with machine guns come busting through the door

Trained professionals :rofl:

I get more trigger time than lots of police officers. A good portion of police only shoot twice a year to qualify. Combine that with the terrible heavy trigger pulls that the NYPD mandate on their Glocks I am not surprised they hit everything except at what they were aiming for.

All just leave this article here.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

They are trained compared to the general public right?

Either way I don't have an issue with an actual armed clop in a school. As long as its one step towards somewhat of a solution. Not the ONLY step the NRA will put forward. There needs to be some type of compromise. I definitley don't want all teachers armed. That's just ridiculous.

Well there doesn't "need" to be anything because I don't think there are anywhere near the votes for any change

But it would be nice tf we could meet in the middle

Either way I don't have an issue with an actual armed clop in a school. As long as its one step towards somewhat of a solution. Not the ONLY step the NRA will put forward. There needs to be some type of compromise. I definitley don't want all teachers armed. That's just ridiculous.
Well there doesn't "need" to be anything because I don't think there are anywhere near the votes for any change

The general public, probably so. To the person who takes CCW seriously, probably not. These guys and gals shoot multiple times a month and when doing things like IDPA they get better training than some cops.

Do we forcibly arm teachers, no. If a teacher has a CCW and chooses to carry in the classroom I see nothing wrong with it. In Florida every school I went to had a school resource officer so if more states did that, I'd have no problem either.

just because they are a cop doesn't mean they are a good shot. :lol: back when i used to hit the range up bi weekly i'd see cops in there sometimes. i was def better than some. i put my target right next to a cops for ***** and giggles when i was using a 1911. had smaller groups.

put both of us under stress of someone shooting at us and it might change. idk.

Last edited:

Man please. I'm not in the military nor law enforcement, and I'm a hell of a lot a better shot than majority of police officers. :lol:

I wonder if these gun control advocate politicians are going to take away the guns of their armed bodyguards, who are issued semiautomatic weapons?

Last edited:

The other one that gets me are the stories you hear of members of the public shooting people. There was one a few years ago when someone tried to rob a gun store (stupid anyway) and pulled a gun. They were killed and when they did the autopsy they found 50 bullets from 9 guns or something.

That wasn't self defence just a bunch of nuts deciding that they could shoot someone and likely get away with it.

It's similar with the cases you see on tv when someone with a sword or something is shot 20 times and killed. Totally unnecessary - if they are a danger they need to be knocked down but that's it.

Man please. I'm not in the military nor law enforcement, and I'm a hell of a lot a better shot than majority of police officers. :lol:
I wonder if these gun control advocate politicians are going to take away the guns of their armed bodyguards, who are issued semiautomatic weapons?

Of course they're not going to have their bodyguards give up their semi-automatics. They feel their lives are more important than ours.

Back
Top Bottom