How ya females/males feel about your mate talking to their ex?

she should have no reason to talk to her ex, sorry.

if they ever smashed they will smash again.

my ex got bothered even when I let him read the texts. They were once in a blue moon and about my ex's dog (which I love so much) I can see why it couldcause concern but if I let somebody read my texts and they sstill get in a huff about it we have probs

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

any chick that still talks to her ex...I look at it like

1. she still regrets it not working out and wants that d--- on standby in case her man messes up or for when shes in between relationships
2. (if they ended on "good terms"), she still wants it to work out. comfort zone
3. she justs wants that d--- period.

I dont even talk to my exes. and for girls i dated, it's like when im done im done. Only talk to one of them and that barely. It's highly disrespectful and dues nowadays are more conniving than ever. no respect.

or they could just be cool with each other
alien.gif

I mean, granted, I recognize the '3' but that one is totally possible. I want nothing to do wit' my ex Jay, but me and him are madd cool and talkoccasionally (once every couple of months)

I had a dude that talked to his ex and it was
eyes.gif
...however, the minute Ifound out someone who I was...I don't know what we were doing...was talking to his ex I let it go
ohwell.gif
reason being because I knew he still had strong feelings for her and I'mnot tryna get left out in the cold. Of course, let him tell it, he don't know why I did what I did...or at least he acts like he don't know.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

1. she still regrets it not working out and wants that d--- on standby in case her man messes up or for when shes in between relationships
2. (if they ended on "good terms"), she still wants it to work out. comfort zone

I dont even talk to my exes. and for girls i dated, it's like when im done im done. Only talk to one of them and that barely. It's highly disrespectful and dues nowadays are more conniving than ever. no respect.

alien.gif
well if they were soo cool with each other, why are they ex's? that doesn't make sense to me...we cool enough to still conversate, but notcool enough to date? idk...and especially after something has become physical, there will always be feelings there

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

alien.gif
well if they were soo cool with each other, why are they ex's? that doesn't make sense to me...we cool enough to still conversate, but not cool enough to date? idk...and especially after something has become physical, there will always be feelings there

1. conversate isn't a word

2. Me and Jay didn't work out...cuz (IMO) we shoulda never even tried to date. I mean, did you see we only talk once in a blue moon?? But this is MYexperience...and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Sometimes, there are people you should be friends with and not date. You can disbelieve all you want,but I don't want him like that ever again. We broke up cuz I did a semester abroad and didn't wanna carry over the long distance thing.

Never...ever...a good thing.

Their ex does not care about you nor will they respect your relationship. Someone's ex always has the opportunity to be a constant bug in your mate'sear...regardless of what they both are saying.

Avoid at all costs.

This byproduct of most relationships in my age group is a major reason why I'm not much of a relationship person right now. There's too much emotionalbaggage that exists in the aftermath of a relationship, and it's never worth taking with you into another relationship or the next phase of your lifeperiod.

alien.gif
well if they were soo cool with each other, why are they ex's? that doesn't make sense to me...we cool enough to still conversate, but not cool enough to date? idk...and especially after something has become physical, there will always be feelings there

2. Me and Jay didn't work out...cuz (IMO) we shoulda never even tried to date. I mean, did you see we only talk once in a blue moon?? But this is MY experience...and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Sometimes, there are people you should be friends with and not date. You can disbelieve all you want, but I don't want him like that ever again. We broke up cuz I did a semester abroad and didn't wanna carry over the long distance thing.
1. I know/Sarcasm
2. if you smashed on the regular, it can def happen again once that line has been crossed, there's no going back...your experience maybe different but ifa dude laid it down something vicious and you split up, you can't guarantee that you won't find yourself getting bent over again in a moment ofweakness which is why speaking to an ex isnt a good look....you said yall broke up cuz of studying abroad, so why didn't you get back together with himwhen you came back?

alien.gif

2. Me and Jay didn't work out...cuz (IMO) we shoulda never even tried to date. I mean, did you see we only talk once in a blue moon?? But this is MY experience...and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Sometimes, there are people you should be friends with and not date. You can disbelieve all you want, but I don't want him like that ever again. We broke up cuz I did a semester abroad and didn't wanna carry over the long distance thing.
1. I know/Sarcasm
2. if you smashed on the regular, it can def happen again once that line has been crossed, there's no going back...your experience maybe different but if a dude laid it down something vicious and you split up, you can't guarantee that you won't find yourself getting bent over again in a moment of weakness which is why speaking to an ex isnt a good look....you said yall broke up cuz of studying abroad, so why didn't you get back together with him when you came back?
I think I can speak for Milkshake when I say the latter part of #2 simply isn't that easy. By default, I've spent a lot of time aroundpeople who have been forced to have long-distance relationships due to the nature of their employment, and remaining loyal to one's partner can be everybit as hard as dealing with the guilt of having cheated on them.

I know for a fact a dude real close to me that's as foolproof relationship-wise as dudes can get had a messy situation when a female left him to do aninternship abroad and he ended up having to take over most of the bills and things like that. The best thing outside of "closure" is to just deadthe relationship while you still have the chance.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by dunks87

it depends on the type of person you date and the type of person they dated.
explain

If you date a $*+!* chances are shell smash the ex and da homies.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Never...ever...a good thing.

Their ex does not care about you nor will they respect your relationship. Someone's ex always has the opportunity to be a constant bug in your mate's ear...regardless of what they both are saying.

Avoid at all costs.
well said good sir.

alien.gif

1. I know/Sarcasm
2. if you smashed on the regular, it can def happen again once that line has been crossed, there's no going back...your experience maybe different but if a dude laid it down something vicious and you split up, you can't guarantee that you won't find yourself getting bent over again in a moment of weakness which is why speaking to an ex isnt a good look....you said yall broke up cuz of studying abroad, so why didn't you get back together with him when you came back?

oh that's where you messed up, you ASSumed we smashed
grin.gif

AND WE DIDN'T GET BACK TOGETHER CUZ WE NEVER SHOULDA REALLY BEEN TOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE,
roll.gif
I said that duke. It was spring semester so straight back from there I went hometo LA, and he was still in DC. But we wasn't talkin' like that when I was gone anyway so....uuuhhhm. yea. Like I said the first time...

alien.gif

1. I know/Sarcasm

oh that's where you messed up, you ASSumed we smashed
grin.gif
i stopped reading after this...
smh.gif
it wasn't a relationship then so that doesn't count at all...
smh.gif
@ me for forgetting i was speaking to afemale...my apologies

Well, you gotta have trust in the relationship. I still talk to my ex from time to time, but I have no interest in her anymore. If your relationship ended ongood terms (not saying mine did), you'd have to be pretty cold to just completely cut that person out of your life.

Having said that, my girlfriend still talks to her exs, too, and I have to admit, it bothers me a little, but just have to trust her. Besides if she slips up,it'll let me know right there.

Even if yall were cool or ended on 'good terms' I think its disrespectful to your current bf/gf. I doubt anyone would be pleased about someonethey've invested trust and emotions into still talking to their ex. Its not necessary at all. If they have children together its understandable but Idon't mess with dudes w/ kids for a reason...

I tried talking to this dude who was buddy-buddy with his ex gf and I tried, I really did. When I would call to see what he was up to and he said"chillin' with (ex)" I'd feel some type of way and it lead to the downfall of our relationship.

Depends on where my current's head is at.
If I kno how she truely feels about them, then it
wont really matter to me. People are gonna cheat
if they really want to. If it aint meant to be, dont waste
my time, keep it movin.

Back
Top Bottom