HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by dtb00201

^My charger broke like a month ago

what do you two mean? does your touchpad not charge?
it could be that you have to twist open the charger and put it back together. 
mine was not charging and I googled the problem and i think HP put a known issue faq on it.

twist the charger open and snap it back together and try it again.

Mine was the actual usb cable. I switched out the cable and plugged the one from my phone into the adaptor and it works fine now.

^My charger broke like a month ago

what do you two mean? does your touchpad not charge?
it could be that you have to twist open the charger and put it back together. 
mine was not charging and I googled the problem and i think HP put a known issue faq on it.

twist the charger open and snap it back together and try it again.

Mine was the actual usb cable. I switched out the cable and plugged the one from my phone into the adaptor and it works fine now.
So you used another usb cable not made for the HP Touchpad and it worked?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Yeah when I plug in the charger either it doesnt recognize at all or when it does it says that the device won't charge cause it doesnt have enough power and to use the usb the TP came with (Which is I'm using
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try...didn't even know that part came off
i had the same problem. solved.
here is the solution.

HP TouchPad Charging Issues
Update: We've recently added a new post with 5 Tips To Get Your TouchPad Running Again.

So you just got your new HP TouchPad home and its not charging correctly, or perhaps you get an error box that says the connected charge isn't supplying enough power to charge the device. Well don't panic, you aren't alone, and the issue is actually pretty easy to remedy.

The TouchPad's North America Twist-to-lock plug adapter is a actually universal charging devices. The top screws off so a second attachment for none US power prongs can be added. If the top isn't securely fastened your device will either show the aforementioned error box or simply won't charge. Right out of the box if you are having issues I'll almost guarantee its the barrel connector.

How can you be certain its connected? Well that's the tricky part. Un-screw the top, and screw it back in, making sure it snaps into place. You might also notice some writing on the side of the connector. Make sure that is aligned correctly.

If its still not working crab another micro USB charger and connect it to your TouchPad. Note: I've been told you can not charge your TouchPad via USB. USB ports do not provide enough power for charging (this might not include USB 3.0) we are waiting on confirmation of this!

If you are still seeing problems you should probably call or contact HP and use their HP webOS Butler Service (866) 945-7256 . Its free for the first 90days.
I tried not working. I'm surprised there's not a hack of some sort where you can just charge thru your PC or whatever by now

Guess I'll just order a new one. Can't even find one in my area to buy
30t6p3b.gif

elpablo - i wouldn't give up so soon on the charger. try a few more times, leave it in and hopefully it starts charging. i had to try a few times bc it didn't look to be working as it was completely drained even after i tried the solution. just left it plugged into the touchpad for half an hour. it started working. 

I actually like this touchpad... I'm mad I didn't buy more then 1... My boy had been unloading mad of theses 32 gigs this week for cheap cuz his brother works at bestbuy....

@elpablo21 yea I'm using the usb cable that came with my htc evo.

I would have quoted you and responded, but lord knows this touchpad cuts off the words when you respond to a quote longer than about 3 lines of text lol.

Thanks dyyhard & dtb00201

Your tips collectively worked for me last week
pimp.gif

My volume is low on mines on default, when I used the volume tweak in preware they sound blown

It's something they did with the last update. I did a google search and found a 10 page thread full of people complaining about the audio problem. I originally thought I got water in the speakers or something.

Best buy is slick, selling the TP as a bundle with a Notebook or PC purchase
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

These bastards didn't even want to sell them when the firesale started initially

Im having a problem with my camera...it just doesnt work!!!  at first i thought it was a software issue..but got the update and apps for the cam and it still does NOT work!!!

Originally Posted by HOOPERVILAA

Im having a problem with my camera...it just doesnt work!!!  at first i thought it was a software issue..but got the update and apps for the cam and it still does NOT work!!!

The camera sucks %%! anyway...........it might as well not even be on the damn thing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How the hell cant they get a better camera on these things when phones have good cameras?    that just doesnt make sense.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Best buy is slick, selling the TP as a bundle with a Notebook or PC purchase
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

These bastards didn't even want to sell them when the firesale started initially

all these stores are gonna this for the holiday season...they see the draw so why not make a bigger sale than just the $99

watch how many places use them as "door busters" or whatever for black friday when they only have like 10 in stock
laugh.gif

The overclock works again, I just deleted the older one and redownloaded on preware

Yeah the charger is absolute %%+@. And my dude got an email from hp saying their store won't reup. They must've unloaded them to best buy for that fugazi deal.

$225 for 32gb isn't bad at all considering how much I use it. If you use it a lot drop the $220+ that ppl are unloading them for because you'll never see the fire sale price anymore.

man... been rockin w/ this for a few weeks now, and its pretty saucy..

the whole card experience is kinda dope.

i wish android would incorporate something similar into their OS, cuz this is
pimp.gif

nice solid feel, and running CM7 alpha 2.1 is nice, also.

i wish webOS had that app support... i would never boot CM7 until a solid release candidate comes out.

i love this thing...

take it to school every day, walk around the house w/ it, fap w/ it every now and again, and skype on it...

now, if i can just get it to charge w/ out the base that came w/ it, this thing would be hot...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by freelythinkingmind

are these long gone... or can i scrape one up somehow?

me and my mom were just discussing the craze about these today,she works for Hp and got me one about 2 weeks ago, she said they are coming back into stores mainly best buy, i will be sure to ask her and let you guys know[h1]
[/h1]

ou know how we told you that there were no more TouchPads available? Well it looks like HP was hoarding them to use as an incentive for developers that want to get one still. They are hoping that these developers actually develop apps and not put Android on them.
HP has brought back, for a limited time, the Developer Device Purchase Program. If you are a registered developer for HP you may be eligible to get a 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 from HP. You will have to email them and ask for the coupon and how to get it since it’s not available on their site. Details below.
  • Product: 32 GB TouchPad
  • Price: $149.99 (USD) for US and Canada; €150 in Europe (includes VAT); £130 in the UK (includes VAT).
  • All sales are final. No returns, refunds, or exchanges will be made.
  • Developer requests for coupons must be received by Friday, November 18th, 2011 to be considered.
  • Coupons are valid through November 27th, 2011 or while supplies last.
  • Coupons are available to registered developers only. (HP employees are not eligible.)
  • One (1) device may be purchased with each coupon, and you may request up to two (2) coupons. The coupon(s) will be invalidated once used.
You can sign up for a developer account here (does not guarantee you get a TouchPad) and get all the other info here.

[h2] HP TouchPad 32GB $149.99 in Best Stores with HP Computer Buy 2Day [/h2]
04 Nov

Here's a friendly reminder to our HP TouchPad bargain hunters.  Today is the first day of the buy an HP Computer or laptop deal were you can also get a 32GB HP TouchPad for $149.99 in  Best Buy stores.

We called out local Best Buy store to see if there were any HP TouchPads in stock. We were told that we could only get an HP TouchPad if we bought a qualified HP or Compaq computer or notebook.

There were Twitter reports that customers were not waiting in line this morning for tickets to get the HP TouchPad deal with a computer purchase.

For brief time TigerDirect was selling the 32GB TouchPad Bundle with stand, case, Bluetooth speaker and 16GB for $199 which sold-out within an hour."Quantities limited. Limit one per order. If you return the computer that qualifies you to purchase the HP TouchPad at this price and you do not return the Touchpad at the same time, your return will void the $450 combined purchase savings and you will owe more money than you originally paid."

If you need a computer anyway the HP TouchPad makes a great holiday gift, noted one holiday gift guide.

The HP TouchPad sold-out and flew off the shelves when it was reduced to $99 for 16 GB and $149 for 32 GB.  A second run was sold-out to employees who spent the whole day ordering HP TouchPads with some complaining about the loss of work time.

HP has officially announced that they have no more TouchPads in stock  while some retail stores may have some available.  HP announced a new tablet the HP Slate 2 running Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom