HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Got some for me, fam and friends. Again, I love it and didn't resell any. Unfortunately, my hook-up dried up already.

2de35161e3006efc1643d5660fe7f0d250ebd52.jpg

c9935d76ea966c1d11d8df5a0dd665d3fb2a134.jpg

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I need one still. Is $220 for 32GB and HP case a good price for it at this point?

Def a great deal. People who copped the 32gb ended up paying $180 with tax/shipping included.

I know a lot of people paid that much for the 16gb during all the hype.

Mine finally came in today from HP SMB, took 2 months but hey. Now I don't know whether to open it and use it, or sell it and buy a nike destroyer jacket. I want that jacket so bad... hard choice.

I am getting two 32gb touchpads from HP SMB tomorrow.

I still need to leave negative feedback for DATAVISION
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by syxth element

Anyone download the new update? 
I heard it might affect the overclock.
Oh snap. what does the new update feature?

My TP never ran well with overclocking unfortunately
I know for sure they included a native camera app. That's all I found so far. I wont be upgrading until I know the overclock will remain intact. It doesn't make a big difference, but I prefer it since I've been oc'd since the beginning (@1.5ghz to minimize battery drain and freezing)

Overclocking made a huge difference for me playing games. can't even play need for speed anymore, the amount of lag when I play
frown.gif

Anybody use Kahn Academy? pretty cool

and my charger broke
30t6p3b.gif
These joints are built charmin soft

Anyone put Android on their tablets yet? I'm debating if I should do it...it's going to be gingerbread (from what I"ve been reading) which means netflix

Originally Posted by salbah3

Anyone put Android on their tablets yet? I'm debating if I should do it...it's going to be gingerbread (from what I"ve been reading) which means netflix

I just did last night, if you dnt mind force closing more than usual, then do it I get alot, but it isnt that bad, personally think its great  a HUGE + is that you still will have webos on there which im overclocking and loading preware right now, I only put android on there so when they get a solid build of it, the update process would be easier

Originally Posted by dhart48

I just did last night, if you dnt mind force closing more than usual, then do it I get alot, but it isnt that bad, personally think its great  a HUGE + is that you still will have webos on there which im overclocking and loading preware right now, I only put android on there so when they get a solid build of it, the update process would be easier

Yeah, thanks for insight man. I'm going to do a lot of research as I don't want to brick my touchpad. I might just wait until the source code for Ice Cream Sandwhich gets released so the devs can go crazy...I think that OS has tablet functionality in mind.

Finally got my hands on one. $225 bnib 32gb, eh not too bad, I'll get my money's worth at least. Beats using my old PC.

Originally Posted by dhart48

Yeah, thanks for insight man. I'm going to do a lot of research as I don't want to brick my touchpad. I might just wait until the source code for Ice Cream Sandwhich gets released so the devs can go crazy...I think that OS has tablet functionality in mind.

ITS REALLY EASY BRO...

i did it too... as long as you know how to use command prompt, you straight.

i just dont like it cuz i KEPP getting the sleep of death thing...

i overclokced w/ set cpu AND cpu master and it still doesnt work... smh...

everytime it goes to sleep, i have to hard reboot...

but... when they get a solid build for it, this thing is gonna be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'll get into android soon.. kinda disappointed that the update was forced on my touchpad causing me to lose the original overclock.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

^My charger broke like a month ago

what do you two mean? does your touchpad not charge?
it could be that you have to twist open the charger and put it back together. 
mine was not charging and I googled the problem and i think HP put a known issue faq on it.

twist the charger open and snap it back together and try it again.

Yeah when I plug in the charger either it doesnt recognize at all or when it does it says that the device won't charge cause it doesnt have enough power and to use the usb the TP came with (Which is I'm using
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try...didn't even know that part came off

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Yeah when I plug in the charger either it doesnt recognize at all or when it does it says that the device won't charge cause it doesnt have enough power and to use the usb the TP came with (Which is I'm using
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try...didn't even know that part came off
i had the same problem. solved.
here is the solution.

HP TouchPad Charging Issues
Update: We've recently added a new post with 5 Tips To Get Your TouchPad Running Again.

So you just got your new HP TouchPad home and its not charging correctly, or perhaps you get an error box that says the connected charge isn't supplying enough power to charge the device. Well don't panic, you aren't alone, and the issue is actually pretty easy to remedy.

The TouchPad's North America Twist-to-lock plug adapter is a actually universal charging devices. The top screws off so a second attachment for none US power prongs can be added. If the top isn't securely fastened your device will either show the aforementioned error box or simply won't charge. Right out of the box if you are having issues I'll almost guarantee its the barrel connector.

How can you be certain its connected? Well that's the tricky part. Un-screw the top, and screw it back in, making sure it snaps into place. You might also notice some writing on the side of the connector. Make sure that is aligned correctly.

If its still not working crab another micro USB charger and connect it to your TouchPad. Note: I've been told you can not charge your TouchPad via USB. USB ports do not provide enough power for charging (this might not include USB 3.0) we are waiting on confirmation of this!

If you are still seeing problems you should probably call or contact HP and use their HP webOS Butler Service (866) 945-7256 . Its free for the first 90days.

Back
Top Bottom