HP Touchpad for $99/$149

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE

BEST BUY STORES WILL BE RESTOCKING WITHIN THIS WEEK or next week can't say for sure but best buy will be restocking.
I work in the Brooklyn Stores in NYC and info that i got most of the 4 boroughs stores will be getting around 50+, and stores in Manhattan will be getting around 100+.

I'm not even going to attempt to get one from Best Buy. Between other people constantly trying to get one and the lying from the employees.. It's most likely not worth the hassle.

I am still waiting on the OnSale from Amazon.com...

I will be heated if it gets cancelled. I got one way early.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I'm not even going to attempt to get one from Best Buy. Between other people constantly trying to get one and the lying from the employees.. It's most likely not worth the hassle.

This, anyone have the link to check the hp smb status?

^Alchemist. do you work at Best Buy?

I have a question about procedure at Best Buy. If any of my fellow NTer's can chime in, your help is appreciated. So I go online and to my surprise, one Best Buy near me says "in store pickup only" while all of the other 8 BB are unavailable. The store is 30 mins away from me so I said "forget it." Two hours later the same "in store pickup" status. So I sped over there, dude was like "Sorry sir, we sold out this morning." And get this, he was super nice. Like, UNUSUALLY nice, I'm in a good mood nice. The other BB I went to yesterday and today were all annoyed or flustered. So I decided to go to the music section and look up touchpads on the cpu kiosk.

"7 available IN THIS STORE" for 16 gb
"10+ availabe IN THIS STORE" for 32gb

So I go to the front and talk to someone who seems to be a manager. I asked her how quick does their inventory update? And she responds "Are you looking for touchpads? We sold out this morning." Like this issh was a script. So I was like "Well how quick does your system update? I went to the kiosk, and says you have over 17 available." And she was like "Oh, our system sometimes updates at night. I'm sorry about that." So I walked out like a sucker. Drove home and told my bro to check online again for me. Still available. Now that I'm home, 30 minutes later, it's all been updated to "UNAVAILABLE" at that store. So I'm thinking I screwed up by letting them know.

1) Is it possible for a manager to wipe out a stores inventory on the computer? I feel like the whole store was in on it.

If you go to this link and type in your zip, it'll tell you which BB near you has them in store.
16 gb
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...+NEW&pageMode=searchmode
32gb

/END RANT

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

i think it still down... wondering if I'll still get my SMB order... if so I'll probably just give it my sis

Originally Posted by stylez23

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

i think it still down... wondering if I'll still get my SMB order... if so I'll probably just give it my sis
indifferent.gif
the +#%% is down now? are you *%#*%$@ kidding me? I'm done.

got my tracking order from HP and it was a tracking # from September 2010 to some dude living in Baton Rouge....

I live in Phoenix.

Cmon son...whats goin on HP?

I got this e-mail from Datavision

We would first like to thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad over the weekend.  As I am sure you saw, the item sold out almost immediately. This will be the first of a series of email notifications and status updates in order for you receive the latest and most up to date status on the order without having to phone or email our systems.

As of 5pm EST on 8/23, we anticipate shipping these towards the end of this week.  

We will certainly keep you updated as we know exact dates by email, Facebook, and Twitter.

We have freight tracking # from HP with enough orders so that everyone will receive their complete order.

For those that ordered 10, 50, or 100, they will be PARTIALLY filled this week, and the balance FILLED most likely next week. It is the only fair thing to do, as we are assuring that everyone will get their FULL order without any canceling.

Currently the order process will be the following:

-Over the next day or two, we will start the "Invoicing" stage. This is when our systems take your order status from "Active/Open" to the packing stage.

-Following the Invoicing, a shipping label will be created, and emailed to you.

*Please note, when you receive this email notice, it is GREAT NEWS, as it means it is almost out the door.

Also, the tracking # will NOT scan right away, so please do not panic or get concerned.

We have to start the order flow now, as the multiple shipping stations can only print invoices/receipts/tracking decals but so fast. 

Based on the timing, it is the best scenario for you to get your item(s) fastest.

Thank you for your patience as we have been literally bombarded with calls, emails, and website hits. 

We are doing our very best to process each call and email, and apologize for any delay. 

In order for us to focus on order processing, we would kindly request you send emails if there are any urgent request, as we can handle them much faster.

If you do need to cancel for any reason, we can certainly honor this request.  Please reply with the following:

Order #

Payment ID

user nickname

email address

Name

*If you have made a request to cancel already, you should see that process and refund in the next 12 hours or so.

Thank you once again, 

**There will be future emails with updates. You may also want to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to see current statuses.

Finally, we completely understand your situation in wanting this product as timely as possible. We certainly hope that once we deliver your TouchPad, you will take consider the fact we followed through on the order completely, as opposed to other retailers canceling orders with simple apologies.

You deserve the item you ordered, at the incredible price paid, and we intend to deliver for you.  All of our sites, and marketplaces received over 10,000 orders in total, and it has simply been overwhelming. 

Thank you once again for your continued patience, and please reply to this email only if you need to cancel.

DataVision Computer Video

Check slickdeals as much as possible. This afternoon I saw the posting about the touchstone charger and case on sale at office depot, went straight to the store since I was in downtown Chicago, and even though they rang up regular price in-store, they price match their online prices no questions asked AND I used a staples 5 off 25 coupon. Got em both for 55 and tax without the hassle of ordering and waiting and possible cancellations. I got lucky because it was the last case and only 2 touchstones so check your office depots cuz it looks like even the accessories are selling out.

Really wish the front flap on this case somehow magnetically held in place instead of just flapping open
ohwell.gif

[Posted from my touchpad
tongue.gif
]

Anyone that ordered with onSale

Dear Customers,

This is Robert Rich, President of OnSale. We appreciate your patience and apologize to our customers for any inconvenience related to unfulfilled orders for HP Touch Pads.

As a result of an unintended and unprecedented event, the dramatic price reduction in the discontinued HP Touch Pad which occurred over this past weekend, we received orders so quickly over a couple of hour period on Sunday that we were not able to properly process all of these orders.

At this time, we regret that we have determined we will not have sufficient clarity in a timely manner regarding additional availability of product to allow us to fill remaining unfulfilled orders. Unfortunately as a result, we are now cancelling unfulfilled orders and expect this process to be completed shortly. Customers whose orders are being canceled will receive a cancelation notice via e-mail. No credit cards have been charged for any unfulfilled orders.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to customers and please accept our sincere apologies

No updates from Onsale for me
grin.gif
.  Onsale will probably ship me a box with a letter stating "your order is cancelled, sorry" or something 
frown.gif

EDIT: Those dudes charged my credit card, so my order better not be canceled.
mad.gif

Onsale charged my card but it's pending so I'm sure I won't get a cancellation email and they'll just reimburse the money.

Originally Posted by chickhien

I have a question about procedure at Best Buy. If any of my fellow NTer's can chime in, your help is appreciated. So I go online and to my surprise, one Best Buy near me says "in store pickup only" while all of the other 8 BB are unavailable. The store is 30 mins away from me so I said "forget it." Two hours later the same "in store pickup" status. So I sped over there, dude was like "Sorry sir, we sold out this morning." And get this, he was super nice. Like, UNUSUALLY nice, I'm in a good mood nice. The other BB I went to yesterday and today were all annoyed or flustered. So I decided to go to the music section and look up touchpads on the cpu kiosk.

So I go to the front and talk to someone who seems to be a manager. I asked her how quick does their inventory update? And she responds "Are you looking for touchpads? We sold out this morning." Like this issh was a script. So I was like "Well how quick does your system update? I went to the kiosk, and says you have over 17 available." And she was like "Oh, our system sometimes updates at night. I'm sorry about that." So I walked out like a sucker. Drove home and told my bro to check online again for me. Still available. Now that I'm home, 30 minutes later, it's all been updated to "UNAVAILABLE" at that store. So I'm thinking I screwed up by letting them know.

1) Is it possible for a manager to wipe out a stores inventory on the computer? I feel like the whole store was in on it.

If you go to this link and type in your zip, it'll tell you which BB near you has them in store.
16 gb
32gb

/END RANT

Yes, yes i do but i do plan leaving Best Buy within next month.
I'm helping you guys out as much as i can.

To your situation they have been truly sold out, or it could have been reserved touchpads that people oder online or place an order through the phone. It does take time for the system to update but only like 1-2 hrs, but not over night (thats a lie).
If you want to still copp let me know your location(zip code) and i can tell which best buy stores will get an abundant amount of them. Only you and Local NYC NT'ers I'm helping. Everyone else good luck

Onsale charged my card but it's pending so I'm sure I won't get a cancellation email and they'll just reimburse the money.
People on Slickdeals are saying that their amazon status still says "shipping soon" and actually have received their tablets from Onsale. It's just a waiting game from here on.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

best buy is garbage. employees buying them all up
30t6p3b.gif
i dont have a huge problem with employees buying them first (gotta have some perks as an employee) but to let them sit in the back with post-it notes of names on them while leaving the inventory system unadjusted is whack. and lying to everybody to their face. concord mills, nc best buy. any nter's work there?

16 gb
32gb

/END RANT

I cant speak for BB, but I work at Costco. W pulled the touchpads Saturday morning to send them back to HP. Our system showed we still had them for over a day. So people would call to ask about inventory and the office people, who dont know anything about this, would tell them that the computer showed we had stock. Sometimes it takes time for the system to reflect when items are manually keyed out of it.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

best buy is garbage. employees buying them all up
30t6p3b.gif
i dont have a huge problem with employees buying them first (gotta have some perks as an employee) but to let them sit in the back with post-it notes of names on them while leaving the inventory system unadjusted is whack. and lying to everybody to their face. concord mills, nc best buy. any nter's work there?
no, its employees taking them all for themselves. ive read the stories already with these touchpads, i dont see a problem buying 1 or 2 but when you hear of employees buying an entire box full of them then thats disgusting
sick.gif

Thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for HP HPA ORDERS
Its shipping hella late but at least its confirmed.

#thankyouTOUCHGOD

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Number one rule of customer service is that the customer is always right- meaning- please him or her to the best of your ability, and even if you are annoyed- try and conceal/cover it up.

laugh.gif

C'mon bro. If you don't buy it, someone else will. 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom