HP Touchpad for $99/$149

the more people are getting theirs in the mail. the more im hearing negative reviews. there's a reason why this tablet failed, and its starting to come out in peoples reviews. yea, i got caught in the hype and tried to get one because of the cheap price. but now im kinda happy i didnt. ive been reviewing other tablets and it looks like ill be going with the Galaxy tab 10.1. i want something android and the galaxy looks very beastly.

currently saving up. i should have it in 2 weeks! we need to start an android tablet thread. since most ppl here are gonna put it on their touchpads anyways.

helped my parents set up their touchpad. I have an ipad2. 
wanted to use it for video calling, so we tried skypeing my brother over wifi. at first we had problems signing in. so we rebooted. then my brother called via his ipad2 on skype and had issues having our video come up. he then rebooted his ipad2 and then it finally worked.  he said the ipad2 video of my parents(hp touchpad) seemed pixelated only when they move around. on their side(hp touchpad) the video looked normal for my brother - normal as in whenever i facetime from ipad2 to ipad2 quality.

Got another 1 today.

Called my local Aarons last Friday to check if they got some TP, the guy said he getting some on monday which is today. so called around 1PM to check if he got the TP, he took my name and phone no. and told me that he's getting 10 TP in about an hour. around 3pm tried calling arrons again but no answer after 6 calls. me and my sister decided to check on the store. got there and i ask the lady if they got some TP lady asked my name right away and pull a brown box under the cashier table then gave it to his co-worker. i saw 6 people that all works for aarons all around the cashier and looking to each other and talking in a very low voice.. 1 guy ask how did i knew that they getting some TP, so i told them i called last friday. they said that im lucky coz its been only 15min since the shipment got there and i got the last 1. ( yeah right!) so my sister paid for it. its $179 with a non HP case but still a good case. so maybe we paid $160 for the pad and $20 for the case.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

http://bit.ly/touchpadlink3

Unavailable everywhere around NY/NJ 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

the more people are getting theirs in the mail. the more im hearing negative reviews. there's a reason why this tablet failed, and its starting to come out in peoples reviews. yea, i got caught in the hype and tried to get one because of the cheap price. but now im kinda happy i didnt. ive been reviewing other tablets and it looks like ill be going with the Galaxy tab 10.1. i want something android and the galaxy looks very beastly.

currently saving up. i should have it in 2 weeks! we need to start an android tablet thread. since most ppl here are gonna put it on their touchpads anyways.
It looks like you're trying to justify why you weren't able to get one. Personally, I'm doing what I initially wanted to use it for, which is simple web-browsing and convenience as I travel quite a bit. The tablet failed because it was the same inferior OS system just placed on a larger tablet with the same price-point as the iPad 2. (Of course it would fail. It was a rushed product that was in no position to compete.) Now I agree most people bought into the hype or are just in a position where this is the closest they will get to an iPad, but no matter one's reasoning, this tablet is literally a steal at $99/$149...
In regards to cases, I picked up the official HP case, but that was just to have more of a grip on the tablet itself as I don't think it provides too much protection if it were dropped. I'm actually thinking of buying one of those "carbon fiber" skins for the back as the fingerprints add-up...

sqozgi.jpg

wb3tpk.jpg

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

HP SUCKS

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Got another 1 today.

Called my local Aarons last Friday to check if they got some TP, the guy said he getting some on monday which is today. so called around 1PM to check if he got the TP, he took my name and phone no. and told me that he's getting 10 TP in about an hour. around 3pm tried calling arrons again but no answer after 6 calls. me and my sister decided to check on the store. got there and i ask the lady if they got some TP lady asked my name right away and pull a brown box under the cashier table then gave it to his co-worker. i saw 6 people that all works for aarons all around the cashier and looking to each other and talking in a very low voice.. 1 guy ask how did i knew that they getting some TP, so i told them i called last friday. they said that im lucky coz its been only 15min since the shipment got there and i got the last 1. ( yeah right!) so my sister paid for it. its $179 with a non HP case but still a good case. so maybe we paid $160 for the pad and $20 for the case.
they sold you the 16GB model for 180???

did you try the 20% off coupon you print online?

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Got another 1 today.

they sold you the 16GB model for 180???

did you try the 20% off coupon you print online?
Yup 16GB/case for $180.

I forgot to ask for that...im going to call later and see if i can get some money back. the 20% ad posted on aarons site is the only coupon or ad i saw online.

if anyone knows where i could possibly find either one near los angeles, ca.... let me know please =\

These were all over LA/OC area last week. Fri 8/19 - Wed 8/25 were the hottest and easiest days to get one. You should've copped then. Bestbuys/office max/office depot/same club/radio shack all had them. Even though I'm a slickdealer, I didn't get the word until Last Saturday morning, a whole day late.. But i was still able to cop a few that morning at radioshacks. Your best bet is craigslist now.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

has anybody had any luck with best buy in the bay area? 
Not even a little.  I swear employees just buy up any stock as soon as it's off the truck.
Yeah they give their friends and family the heads up. So unfair.

employees buying the stock up is unfair but if you were one of the friends and family getting the head up you wouldn't eve be tripping so chill.

This thing is just sitting in front of my still in the box..I haven't a headache from standing in line for so long
laugh.gif

ugh but the hunt is finally over
pimp.gif

This thing is just sitting in front of my still in the box..I haven't a headache from standing in line for so long
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
same here...i've had it since thursday and havent gotten past the select language screen yet

mines wasnt really a hunt tho- one phone call and i had it so maybe i dont appreciate it as much yet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
same here...i've had it since thursday and havent gotten past the select language screen yet

mines wasnt really a hunt tho- one phone call and i had it so maybe i dont appreciate it as much yet
laugh.gif
eek.gif
I just noticed my errors when you quoted me..I must really be tired
laugh.gif
jeez

but yeah I probably won't open it until I get bored later lol and you're lucky you didn't have to wait 2.5 hours
sick.gif

Just got this email from HP

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code 1204764463 at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

Sounds like there are going to restock 
pimp.gif

I just got the same email, hopefully that's the case in the coming weeks...I just want something slim and portable to take when I go on trips aside from my iPhone.

According to that Bryna chick's Twitter, we're going to get some sort of news today.

Dunno when or about what specifically, though

meh, the touchpad sucks tho. Very overrated. Just goes to show how poor some of you guys truly are.
laugh.gif
@ standing in line for that trash

Posted from iPad.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

meh, the touchpad sucks tho. Very underrated. Just goes to show how poor some of you guys truly are.
laugh.gif

Posted from iPad.
The TouchPad sucks but it's underrated?

Most people I know with an iPad don't even use it anymore. A tablet isn't worth $500 especially when everyone already has a laptop. I will just use it on flights for web browsing.

meh, the touchpad sucks tho. Very underrated. Just goes to show how poor some of you guys truly are.
laugh.gif

Posted from iPad.

just stop
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

laugh.gif

Posted from iPad.
The TouchPad sucks but it's underrated?

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif
   X 
nvqgk5.jpg

Originally Posted by waverder

if anyone knows where i could possibly find either one near los angeles, ca.... let me know please =\

These were all over LA/OC area last week. Fri 8/19 - Wed 8/25 were the hottest and easiest days to get one. You should've copped then. Bestbuys/office max/office depot/same club/radio shack all had them. Even though I'm a slickdealer, I didn't get the word until Last Saturday morning, a whole day late.. But i was still able to cop a few that morning at radioshacks. Your best bet is craigslist now.

:/ I know bro, but I had no idea about this whole deal, and I found out late Friday, so by that time most of the places were already sold out. I'm hoping to catch on restock

Back
Top Bottom