HP Touchpad for $99/$149

This sucks i gotta wait a lil while longer for my touchad becuz my package supposedly got shipped "4th" class
indifferent.gif

What kinda *+%! is that SMH

Best buy order system or w/e is trash, plus hurricane Irene postponed my delivery even longer
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

meh, the touchpad sucks tho. Very overrated. Just goes to show how poor some of you guys truly are.
laugh.gif
@ standing in line for that trash

Posted from iPad.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 this guy.......

I called 4 of my local Aarons, they said they're selling em for 536... and i said isnt it discounted? and they were like well thats our price smh

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

meh, the touchpad sucks tho. Very overrated. Just goes to show how poor some of you guys truly are.
laugh.gif
@ standing in line for that trash

Posted from iPad.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

roll.gif

Finally got mine in the mail today. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it (especially for the price), but it does lag a bit. Will probably try the overclocking thing later on.

[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/30/hp-touchpad-will-receive-ota-udpate-for-added-functionality/[/h4]
[h4]HP: TouchPad will receive OTA update for added 'functionality' [/h4]
By Amar Toor posted Aug 30th 2011 at 8:46AM

HP may have abandoned the TouchPad, but that apparently won't stop the company from issuing a post-mortem OTA update for its webOS tablet. Yesterday, an HP spokesperson confirmed to CNET that "HP TouchPad owners can look forward to an over-the-air update that will enhance the platform and add functionality and a growing applications catalog." The rep didn't offer any specifics, but reaffirmed that HP remains "fully committed to the ongoing support and service of customers who purchased webOS devices." The news comes on the heels of a Quickoffice HD update that dropped yesterday, and at a time when TouchPads are selling like hotcakes -- which probably explains HP's decision to issue a tweak. Indeed, the company went on to say that it's seen "huge spikes in activations and between 3-5X downloads of apps," since the TouchPad fire sale first launched.

Link

smart thinking HP

the touchpads are now the 2nd best selling tablet.

they can afford to sell it for cheap to drive up the demand. hp makes billions per year. losing a couple hundred million is chump change. hell they probably spend that much for celebrity endorsements

and now since everyone and their moms have a touchpad now, devs are swarming to program for it making the device more alive than ever.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

smart thinking HP

they can afford to sell it for cheap to drive up the demand. hp makes billions per year. losing a couple hundred million is chump change. hell they probably spend that much for celebrity endorsements

and now since everyone and their moms have a touchpad now, devs are swarming to program for it making the device more alive than ever.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by sosly

none in CA
frown.gif
any in CA know any BB with some in stock?

buy here told me they are expecting some tomorrow. Fairfield 94535
My lil bro hit up the BBy in Fairfield this morning, said they didn't have any and they weren't getting them in the future.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I was very disappointed with the sound.. reviewers seemed to praise the sound/speakers but the truth is, they're weak imo. I understand there's a preware app to make it louder but it shouldn't come to that.

what are you comparing them to though? sounds better than any mobile computing device ive come across.  It's not loud, but somewhat clear, none of that tinny sound im used to with devices like this.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

smart thinking HP

They lost over 2Bill over this. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by sosly

none in CA
frown.gif
any in CA know any BB with some in stock?

buy here told me they are expecting some tomorrow. Fairfield 94535
My lil bro hit up the BBy in Fairfield this morning, said they didn't have any and they weren't getting them in the future.

That's the samething that best buy in brentwood told me, but their inventory updated with "in store only" that day I went and checked?!?!

I read somewhere that HP is talking to HTC or Samsung about the hardware. Putting the HP touchpad lost to Marketing/advertising expenses. now that HP webos is out on the public it will be easier for HP to push the next thing they want to drop.

Back
Top Bottom