HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Can somebody tell me the easiest way to overclock it? I already downloaded the preware. I'm not too good at this stuff, so I need a bit of help. Is the 1.7ghz too overpowerful or is it a better option then the 1.5?

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Originally Posted by DMan14

i tried updating but it didnt work. it says unpacking and doesnt do anything. how long did it take for ya to update, it's like 38 mb, but it takes a long time downloading.

It takes awhile. Try not to do anything on it while its downloading but keep an eye on it so you know it didn't stop downloading.

dumb question but is it still downloading if the touchpad is off/sleeping?

You can download the update from hpwebos.com and flash it just by connecting the touchpad to your computer with webOS doctor.

To overclock open preware and search/install the application govnah.
Then search/install uberkernal. Its under kernal -> experimental.
Or you could install warthogkernal (which OC's from 1.5 - 1.7) depending on what you want. Either kernal is pretty stable.
Your TP will ask you to restart, do it.
Open govnah and under frequency it should say the clock speed - adjust accordingly.

so I updated the firmware but now at random times the screen stops working. Is this a known problem?

this is constantly happening now I'm getting pissed

im scared to overclock, i dont wanna mess anything up
frown.gif

Anyone having issues with their touchpad not being able to run things like the app store. Also, websites are taking forever to load as opposed to earlier today and it's not my internet connection. I tried to restart it already.

Originally Posted by IYE2

You can download the update from hpwebos.com and flash it just by connecting the touchpad to your computer with webOS doctor.

Or you could install warthogkernal (which OC's from 1.5 - 1.7) depending on what you want. Either kernal is pretty stable.
Open govnah and under frequency it should say the clock speed - adjust accordingly.

didnt work for me. I'm still seeing 1.8 ghz in govnah.

Originally Posted by useref15

Originally Posted by IYE2

didnt work for me. I'm still seeing 1.8 ghz in gonna.
I wouldn't want to go faster than 1.8. It will cause the touchpad to unexpectedly restart itself and drain the battery faster than necessary

alright, so I screwed something up. When I go the preware app, I get an error now, and all the options aren't there anymore. No more patches tab or the uberkernal thing. I was trying to overclock it, but now I can't. Should I delete the preware and reinstall it?

What is webOS doctor? is it an app that you can install in your touchpad ?

I installed preware and some pacthes. do i need webOS doctor?

THANKS!

Anyone hear anything from erwincomp? I e-mailed them on Thursday to check the status, but I haven't heard anything.

I open Govnah and the CPU frequency is only getting to 1.188.

I downloaded UberKernal but I dont see where I can change an setting or overclock.

What am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by useref15

alright, so I screwed something up. When I go the preware app, I get an error now, and all the options aren't there anymore. No more patches tab or the uberkernal thing. I was trying to overclock it, but now I can't. Should I delete the preware and reinstall it?

http://forum.xda-develope...?p=16908501#post16908501

This should help. Its detailed directions to install the f15c kernel, allowing you to run 1.8ghz
make sure you follow it carefully. It took me awhile because of the errors

here's a YouTube video title that should also help
How To : Overclock your new HP Touchpad to 1.9Ghz! 

if you could help me with Skype, I'd appreciate it

From what i've seen so far in preware, the errors are because either the info is incorrect, or you didn't reboot. I'm loving the patches by the way, restart option is clutch.

To be honest this thing is a piece of crap. Every 3 seconds the damn thing is unresponsive. Its taking forever to write this post. I don't think its worth the $150.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

To be honest this thing is a piece of crap. Every 3 seconds the damn thing is unresponsive. Its taking forever to write this post. I don't think its worth the $150.

so sell yours for $120 since you opened the box and got finger prints all over it.

That's just your experience, i've had no issue even straight out the box posting on nt. cept for quoting pictures.

This device is GREAT at $99/$150. NO WAY I would pay anywhere near for what they retailed for when they came out, though. Do they have some flaws? Yes. The patches that I downloaded through the preware made a significant difference. The touchpad is pretty flawless now. I still want to overclock it to 1.7ghz.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

That's just your experience, i've had no issue even straight out the box posting on nt. cept for quoting pictures.
How have you had yours? I was working good too out the box for a while. I've had mine since early last sat morning. My bro, dad, sis, cousin and etc. All are reporting the same issues. That after a couple days of use it gets worse. My cousin said the logging in the background is the problem. He had me set logging to min. Wow, I am seeing difference. I did this whole post without any lags. I now say its worth the 150 until the next problem.

Back
Top Bottom