HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

just caved in and copped magentas from Size? for 105GBP with free shipping.... Offspring charging 110 so heads up for any folks in UK... go with size! Would have regretted not getting these down the line for sure.. now where those University Golds at :nerd:

Last edited:
I ended up selling my Purple Punches once I compared them to my Scream Greens. It really showed how off the shape was. Nike also skimped on a few other details which dates back to the 2000 retros. Looks like they are trying to improve with these recrafts but it makes you wonder why they couldn’t get it correct the first time.

We're in the middle of a shape renascence, ever since 2017 (AM1 anniversary) things have really been improving. They must have had a shake up and hired people who were truly passionate about retros to run things proper instead of just churning them out like bricks, the AM90 and these Huarache are great. Long may it last!

Some smaller sizes of the SG for $72
Code: Summer.

We need more release date info on OG colors. I took an L on the Sgs returned the mango colorway due to them being too tight on my feet. I WANT the OG white/game royal-dynamic pink colorway.

As a hiking shoe, Huaraches aren’t bad for someone who’s neutral footed. Very soft, almost mushy. If you have bad mechanics though it doesn’t have stability so may not be best for you. Now back to chillin at the waterfall!
65DEC580-F97A-4E67-8640-D3C19A9E62BB.jpeg

Has anyone heard of the US release date for the Aquatones? I hope they didn't make them a Non-US release.

Also, am I the only one who believes that Nike should just always have the Huarache available all the time? Now that they got the shape dead on to the OG as well as colors, why not just keep them on NDC and make these the new "Monarch".

And I mean that as the Monarch always sells well, not because it's a great shoe, but because it's always available and it doesn't change. Nike could make so much more than what they already are by keeping Huaraches on the site permanently. Oh and making them part of Nike by Me. Custom colors with a lot of choices, would be so smart! Everyone would make their own pairs. I'll make mine with Light Blue/Orange/Orange strap in a Gulf Oil Racing colorway like those Dunks that came out.

Has anyone heard of the US release date for the Aquatones? I hope they didn't make them a Non-US release.

Also, am I the only one who believes that Nike should just always have the Huarache available all the time? Now that they got the shape dead on to the OG as well as colors, why not just keep them on NDC and make these the new "Monarch".

And I mean that as the Monarch always sells well, not because it's a great shoe, but because it's always available and it doesn't change. Nike could make so much more than what they already are by keeping Huaraches on the site permanently. Oh and making them part of Nike by Me. Custom colors with a lot of choices, would be so smart! Everyone would make their own pairs. I'll make mine with Light Blue/Orange/Orange strap in a Gulf Oil Racing colorway like those Dunks that came out.
They did with the urban version.

All black, all white, all red. Those three colors are always in stock.

So does anyone know why they are dropping the other Magenta again July 8th, when I copped those like last year? lol

Okayyyyy so those were the 91 QS, and these would be what? They look the same to me

Yeah, a double up on Aquas is a must. Hell, I’ll probably get 3. To me it’s the quintessential Huarache colorway. If I had to pick one colorway to wear forever it’d be those.
Agreed, these and the Magenta/volt are my favourites, maybe purple punches third. The mangos are disappointing, they were much more vibrant when they dropped back in day

So how many OGs have dropped since this new recraft?

Every release since the Stussys have been recrafted. Orcas and Stussys are from the mid 2000s but it's the first ever retro so its a significant release.
The Mango and Aquatone have never been retroed since 1991/92 so are legendary status Huas.
The new Scream Green is a noteworthy cop, first time retroing this version with the OG tag and updated shape, trumps the 2014 pair by far.
These new Magentas appear to be an updated release, superior to the '91 pack judging by the pics a true retro.
All of these are OG cws and worth copping, not only for their iconic status but also the good quality/shape. These recrafts actually look like the vintage images we used to see on the net and we're lucky to get the chance to buy some of these again.
B23Q6HNIcAEGO0Z.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom