HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

While I’m waiting size?’s to show up, seems like Nike are releasing few more I’d love to copp…,
538664ED-637C-40B7-9A78-DF2212A4027F.jpeg

https://houseofheat.co/nike/nike-air-huarache-escape-2-0-dh8143-001-release-date/
35540164-D7C7-4F61-9D10-A9FAA95E0879.jpeg

https://houseofheat.co/nike/nike-air-huarache-og-purple-punch-dh4439-105-release-date/

This is beyond stupid, they get all the other OG colorways right and then mess up one of the most iconic? **** had to be on purpose I can’t fathom any other reason they didn’t use the OG patch like the previous retro, what a damn joke.

I’ll take the proper shape with the wrong patch any day of the week over the QS shape. Joints look horrendous next to the retooled pairs. Sucks Nike does **** like this though.

My 91’ QS Magenta’s and 21’ magenta’s look damn near identical on feet, stop it. Horrendous? Lol wow. If you were around for previous to 91’ QS huarache retros you’d know they’re any but horrendous, but go off lol. Just because it’s different and doesn’t have the almost overly acute toe box that the 21’ has, its horrendous? Na I disagree and think you and others who all the sudden think the 91’ QS are somehow bad are bugging hard. 91’ brought back the OG tag and soft leather (comfort) and paved the way for this new run. They have their place and come with special packaging. You guys are nuts actually lol.

I’ll leave you with this, for all the praise that the 21’ gets for the “OG” shape (rightly and understandably so) they damn sure are tight in the toe box again (and just tight in general). Which is something that hadn’t been seen since the retros that came before the QS pairs. You damn near have to go up a whole damn size again just to have sufficient room in the toe box. Something at least the QS pairs had solved. Bottom line, after having and extensively wearing multiple if not all cws of both iteration’s, the ‘91 QS is the more comfortable and easier to wear version. So there’s that.

Last edited:
Might cop the Purple Punches since I am a Ravens fan. Them using the wrong patch on the tongue is disappointing though. Certainly won’t be in any rush to purchase them. Just give me a proper retro of the Resins and I am good.

My 91’ QS Magenta’s and 21’ magenta’s look damn near identical on feet, stop it. Horrendous? Lol wow. If you were around for previous to 91’ QS huarache retros you’d know they’re any but horrendous, but go off lol. Just because it’s different and doesn’t have the almost overly acute toe box that the 21’ has, its horrendous? Na I disagree and think you and others who all the sudden think the 91’ QS are somehow bad are bugging hard. 91’ brought back the OG tag and soft leather (comfort) and paved the way for this new run. They have their place and come with special packaging. You guys are nuts actually lol.

I’ll leave you with this, for all the praise that the 21’ gets for the “OG” shape (rightly and understandably so) they damn sure are tight in the toe box again (and just tight in general). Which is something that hadn’t been seen since the retros that came before the QS pairs. You damn near have to go up a whole damn size again just to have sufficient room in the toe box. Something at least the QS pairs had solved. Bottom line, after having and extensively wearing multiple if not all cws of both interactions, the ‘91 QS is the more comfortable and easier to wear version. So there’s that.

The newer mold has superior shape. PERIODT. All that other stuff in your diatribe nobody was even talking about. 🤣🤣

This!

Anyone arguing the 91 QS are better than these recent ones are wilin'! :lol: Shape is night and day and 91 QS's shape are atrocious. :smh:

Yeah except literally no one in this thread said that until the ‘21 versions came out. And even then anyone who’s been around for huaraches for the last decade+ knows better and wouldn’t even say that lol. The ‘91 QS anniversary pairs were a Godsend if you’ve actually purchased huarache retros over the past 20 years. I’m not arguing that the ‘21 shape isn’t better or supposedly closer to the OG shape. I’m saying just because they improved on the shape doesn’t all the sudden mean that ‘91 shape is “atrocious”. That’s just an extreme over exaggeration of the matter. All they did was make the toe box slightly slimmer and OG’d the outsole which no one outside of here would even realistically notice. Otherwise it’s the same damn shoe yet y’all acting like it’s a so called “night and day” difference. IMO if you think the shape or really anything about the ‘91 QS is bad enough to warrant the word “atrocious” I’d say you must be a newbie to huarache retros and just huaraches in general and don’t know wth your talking about. That’s my stance on it. YOU are the one that’s wild’n lol.

Last edited:
This!

Anyone arguing the 91 QS are better than these recent ones are wilin'! :lol: Shape is night and day and 91 QS's shape are atrocious. :smh:

I don’t think anyone’s arguing they are better but I’ll tell you -from my pairs- the difference isnt that drastic outside of the cushioning and truth be told the cushioning on the 2021 has been hit or miss. For example I ordered four pairs of the orcas two had soft cushioning the other two didn’t.

here’s a side by side of the orcas in comparison to the 91 qs
241369A6-091F-47F2-A112-201BD3F0DF9A.jpeg

6EE0FA52-1136-469A-BFED-41ABD688F896.jpeg
117F6FB5-B924-4BE8-A34B-1B5AAB1899E2.jpeg

799B709B-5FB7-4ED7-94DF-CE89107521FF.jpeg

if the missing patch on the tongue is very bothersome -which to me it is- I suggest searching out a 91 qs pair before supply dries up and dudes start asking 500

The ‘21 toebox is a little TOO pointy IMO. Some pairs are a little OD with the pointy toe box. Takes away from comfort too, doesn’t add.

the shape on the newer retros is the closest we have seen to the originals. I actually got rid of my 91 QS Purple Punches once I compared them to my 2021 Scream Greens. The toe box is too wide and square on the 91 QS’s.

The toe box is actually fine on the ‘91 QS. Not even nearly or remotely as drastic as y’all are making it out to be and they feel better on feet than the ‘21 pairs. Looks like you jumped the gun and made a mistake selling the punches if you ask me.

Yeah except literally no one in this thread said that until the ‘21 versions came out. And even then anyone who’s been around for huaraches for the last decade+ knows better and wouldn’t even say that lol. The ‘91 QS anniversary pairs were a Godsend if you’ve actually purchased huarache retros over the past 20 years. I’m not arguing that the ‘21 shape isn’t better or supposedly closer to the OG shape. I’m saying just because they improved on the shape doesn’t all the sudden mean that ‘91 shape is “atrocious”. That’s just an extreme over exaggeration of the matter. All they did was make the toe box slightly slimmer and OG’d the outsole which no one outside of here would even realistically notice. Otherwise it’s the same damn shoe yet y’all acting like it’s a so called “night and day” difference. IMO if you think the shape or really anything about the ‘91 QS is bad enough to warrant the word “atrocious” I’d say you must be newbie to huaraches retros and just huaraches in general and don’t know wth your talking about. That’s my stance on it. YOU are the one that wild’n lol.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing they are better but I’ll tell you -from my pairs- the difference isnt that drastic outside of the cushioning and truth be told the cushioning on the 2021 has been hit or miss. For example I ordered four pairs of the orcas two had soft cushioning the other two didn’t.

here’s a side by side of the orcas in comparison to the 91 qs
241369A6-091F-47F2-A112-201BD3F0DF9A.jpeg

6EE0FA52-1136-469A-BFED-41ABD688F896.jpeg
117F6FB5-B924-4BE8-A34B-1B5AAB1899E2.jpeg

799B709B-5FB7-4ED7-94DF-CE89107521FF.jpeg

if the missing patch on the tongue is very bothersome -which to me it is- I suggest searching out a 91 qs pair before supply dries up and dudes start asking 500

Shut it! :lol:The both of ya's! :lol:

Nothing more needs to be said than the pic below. Look at that atrocity. If it's not the OG's, or these latest retros, the shape is atrocious. Period. :lol:

0d50bb12-484a-455c-936c-4372fb4769f2-jpeg.2779602

Shut it! :lol:The both of ya's! :lol:

Nothing more needs to be said than the pic below. Look at that atrocity. If it's not the OG's, or these latest retros, the shape is atrocious. Period. :lol:

0d50bb12-484a-455c-936c-4372fb4769f2-jpeg.2779602

What the hell is this? You’re not even comparing to the ‘91 QS but instead the previous 2011-2015 retro version that anyone who’s been around already agrees and knows is atrocious?! Lol proving my point that you are either new to huarache retros, this thread or just don’t know what you’re talking. The ‘91 QS are WAY better than the version you just posted. This proves nothing but my point lol.

I’ll leave you with this, for all the praise that the 21’ gets for the “OG” shape (rightly and understandably so) they damn sure are tight in the toe box again (and just tight in general). Which is something that hadn’t been seen since the retros that came before the QS pairs. You damn near have to go up a whole damn size again just to have sufficient room in the toe box. Something at least the QS pairs had solved. Bottom line, after having and extensively wearing multiple if not all cws of both interactions, the ‘91 QS is the more comfortable and easier to wear version. So there’s that.

It's been pretty much a known fact that most people go a full size up on Huaraches. TTS is not a good idea and half size up isn't much better as it pushes your toes to the end of the shoe (and that is NOT comfortable for a lot of people) and going TTS/.5 up you wind up putting too much pressure on the strap which will lead to it snapping in due time. I'm an 11 in pretty much everything. 11.5 in regular Nike running shoes (Pegasus, Air Max, etc) but for ALL Huarache running shoes, I go up to a 12 and they are perfect. Got that "thumbnail's width of room at the toe and I can wiggle my toes to keep them from going to sleep/numb.

I have had OGs back in 1992 (Emeralds) for track in 9th grade and even back then I used a full size up. When they retroed them at Footactions back in 2000, I had to drive over an hour and 10 minutes to the closest mall which had them. Bought both an 11.5 and 12, and the 11.5 strap broke a year later. Got the last retro screen greens, blue heros, catalinas, & photo/gym blues & the turquoise/resins, all size 12s (sold the greens and turquoise as they were just bad retros and selling the others which are DS as soon as I can find buyers). Grabbed the QS 91 Dynamic Pinks and the are great. But the cushioning on all the older ones from 14 are no where as soft as the scream green & Aquatones from 2021. The new ones just feel like I'm walking on marshmallows. But all my pairs are size 12s. And, while I'm getting rid of 90% of my collection (it's time) if a pair of 91 QS Punches come up for a reasonable price, I'll grab them as they are very nice. But the newest ones fit like every other past Huarache I've had (a full size up) and I've had them since they beginning. 👍

What the hell is this? You’re not even comparing to the ‘91 QS but instead the previous 2012 retro versions that anyone who’s been around already agrees and knows is atrocious?! Lol proving my point that you are either new to huarache retros, this thread or just don’t know what you’re talking. The ‘91 QS are WAY better than the version you just posted. This proves nothing but my point lol.

My point is...any retro (91 QS included) are garbage compared to OG's or these latest releases. It's quite simple. I'm talking about ALL Huarache retros. You championing for the 91 QS is no different than defending 2012's. We got what we got with the 91 QS's and other retros and lived with them and enjoyed them, now with these new retros they might as well be thrown out the window (or donated). :lol:

Of course we were happy with the QS joints…AT THE TIME. Then something better came along (and more in line with the original shape), so now most would take them over the QS. This isn’t a hard concept to understand—it happens all the time with retros and their various iterations. Think Concords and Infrared 90s….we were all excited just to have them every time they rereleased. Then came the last Concord drop which made the earlier pair look like trash. Same could be said about the latest Infrared retro, as well. Why would I want to wear a pair of the HOAs when the latest retro is pretty spot on w/ the originals?

Anyways, enjoy your inferior ‘91 QS joints dhtowng dhtowng :lol:

It's been pretty much a known fact that most people go a full size up on Huaraches. TTS is not a good idea and half size up isn't much better as it pushes your toes to the end of the shoe (and that is NOT comfortable for a lot of people) and going TTS/.5 up you wind up putting too much pressure on the strap which will lead to it snapping in due time. I'm an 11 in pretty much everything. 11.5 in regular Nike running shoes (Pegasus, Air Max, etc) but for ALL Huarache running shoes, I go up to a 12 and they are perfect. Got that "thumbnail's width of room at the toe and I can wiggle my toes to keep them from going to sleep/numb.

I have had OGs back in 1992 (Emeralds) for track in 9th grade and even back then I used a full size up. When they retroed them at Footactions back in 2000, I had to drive over an hour and 10 minutes to the closest mall which had them. Bought both an 11.5 and 12, and the 11.5 strap broke a year later. Got the last retro screen greens, blue heros, catalinas, & photo/gym blues & the turquoise/resins, all size 12s (sold the greens and turquoise as they were just bad retros and selling the others which are DS as soon as I can find buyers). Grabbed the QS 91 Dynamic Pinks and the are great. But the cushioning on all the older ones from 14 are no where as soft as the scream green & Aquatones from 2021. The new ones just feel like I'm walking on marshmallows. But all my pairs are size 12s. And, while I'm getting rid of 90% of my collection (it's time) if a pair of 91 QS Punches come up for a reasonable price, I'll grab them as they are very nice. But the newest ones fit like every other past Huarache I've had (a full size up) and I've had them since they beginning. 👍
TTS works for me. I like them snug with not much room at the toe, but obviously not to where my toes are scrunching. I’ve danced in them a lot and have not broken the strap in the back. A lot of pushing the shoe back and forward. But then again, I wore them right away instead of keeping them in a closet for years expecting them to last (not a dig at you).

Back
Top Bottom