Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Gonna need some advice gentleman

Me and my girlfriend are set up in Orlando, plenty of water and supplies. Problem is one of our friends is having their wedding in Tampa on Saturday. We thought she would have cancelled it by now but they're adamant that the show much go on. What would you guys do. Would you stay Orlando or would you drive to Tampa to go to the wedding and then drive back to Orlando that night and hunker down?

those aren't friends brah

First responder says he contracted flesh-eating bacteria from Texas floodwaters, warns others to be careful
http://nydn.us/2gLHp9p
DJKDnpbXYAMYxIU.jpg

Gonna need some advice gentleman

Me and my girlfriend are set up in Orlando, plenty of water and supplies. Problem is one of our friends is having their wedding in Tampa on Saturday. We thought she would have cancelled it by now but they're adamant that the show much go on. What would you guys do. Would you stay Orlando or would you drive to Tampa to go to the wedding and then drive back to Orlando that night and hunker down?
Honestly, I'd stay in Orlando. Your friend has to be crazy as hell to still give the wedding a go. It's raining right now and there's a few inches of water already on the roads piling up, what starts on Saturday and carries over into Sunday ain't a joke here. Better to be safe than sorry, especially getting stuck in potential traffic on I4.

My coworker actually had the same situation last week. Her cousins wedding was in Texas last week :sick: She had all intentions to go until we talked her out of it

Right up the middle of the state :emoji_sweat: hope y'all are prepared.

I'm a native. I remember Andrew, Wilma, etc. Either way, Florida, Georgia, Carolinas are getting damaged. If you scared, oh well.

Native, Orlando usually gets hit with the back of the stick but back of the stick might poke an eye out this time... Going to mow myself to a shelter

Check the date in the upper left hand corner

Man why all the snarkiness? There was a possibility earlier in the day that it was going to skirt more east but it's looking like the worst case scenario now.

Irma. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

She will make landfall here in the Bahamas late Friday going into the rest of the week.

People in the smaller islands have been evacuated to Nassau the past few days because those islands are gonna take a beating.

Florida looks like its gonna feel the full brunt of the storm as well.

Y'all be safe.

lake worth here.gas lines are ridiculous. but the wawa on lake worth road and jog was easy money. 20 minutes in and out. stocked up on everything already last few days. helped my pops with the shutters today. got booze and mixers yesterday. we ready. :nerd:

Yep no way it's worth going to the wedding, I hope they don't carry out with it for their sake. They're joking about it on Facebook so unfortunately they aren't taking it seriously at all. We'll try to talk some sense into them tomorrow.

Appreciate all the advice guys!!

Back
Top Bottom