************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Although I don't agree with him when he says it should be run, the ESPN T&F analyst made a good point when he said no one is clamoring for the Steelers/Giants game should have been canceled. I also think that the game should be called off or PPD.
It's because it's in an enclosed place that didnt have damage and is a bit easier to get to. The Knicks/nets game had to be postponed because it was on Wednesday (or Thursday can't remember) and no one will be able to get to the Barclays center. Words can't explain how crazy traffic was Wednesday and Thursday.
And with the marathon it's taking place on the affected areas and wasting limited resources. Guarantee the only reason he canceled it is because billionaire sponsers started dropping out.

And in regard to it making us a lot of money...that's not what we need right now. Plus this is America!! We will get the money eventually

These pictures are crazy, I think I assumed it wouldn't be that bad but forgot so much of the damage from hurricanes doesn't come from the wind, it's the water. Atleast Katrina got everybody's attention as to be extra cautious and be prepared. Let's see what Ye has to say about this one.

This whole thing is an embarrassment.

Been without power and hot water since Monday 7pm. Been going to work all week feeling dirty.
No heat freezing my balls off at night.

This whole thing is an embarrassment.
Been without power and hot water since Monday 7pm. Been going to work all week feeling dirty.
No heat freezing my balls off at night.

hurricane ike kept us without power 7 days

had to boil water to get clean...why are you going to work if you have no power/hot water?

they let people stay home here from work and school if you had no power/hot water

oh we had a propane tank, there was no gas either...the propane tank saved us for the most part...grocery stores turned into black markets and only let in a few people at a time

I just donated to the Red Cross .... Some of ya'll got it bad :smh: ... I'm in Forest Hills and nothing happened at all.

Hopefully the situation gets better for all my NY'ers out there.

My firm got flooded so bad that they anticipate us working from home for the next month or so. I am in Financial Square on Font Street.

upstate at the moment for a wedding.. back in Long Island we got power Thursday night around 9PM after 3 days without it... wasn't crying about it but it's crazy how much we take for granted. Still don't have internet, hope by the time I get back by Sunday I'll have it. People have seriously been going crazy for gas there man, people were getting in each others faces, pulling out bats and just all out being douche bags.

Stay safe NY/NJ. Terrible stuff.

finally got power back

surreal experience, it was cold and dark worse than the 2003 blackout imo.

flushing the toilet never felt so good :D

Classes start up again Monday. If gas stations aren't normal again and the LIRR isn't running near me then I don't know how i'll get to school. We might not have power for another week or two so cooking food will continue to be a problem.

Got power back at 6pm.

Felt like I won the lotto. LOL

I gotta say, I was inconvenienced but it wasnt a big deal compared to some other people and my heart goes out to them. I just donated to the red cross personally and my business as well. Please people if you can give something to the Red Cross please do so.

Wow.....just got power back, been working in queens brooklyn and manhattan daily, twilight zone out there man

Far Rockaway

11112rock24.jpg

|I

:wow:

Water line is a few inches below the ceiling!

Back
Top Bottom