- = HYPERFEEL thread = -

My local outlet had those same runners priced a bit less (129.99 if I remember with 20% off).  I snagged a pair of the blue orange trainers for 95.  Luck on those as I didn't see any others.

Just a few questions.

1. What's the difference between the regular version and the TR version? What would you recommend.

2. Where would this rank on the Free 1-10 scale?

3. Any change you would see this hit the outlets? The only thing holding me back is the price point. If I see these drop to $80 or lower, it's a surefire purchase.

Thanks!

Just a few questions.

1. What's the difference between the regular version and the TR version? What would you recommend.

2. Where would this rank on the Free 1-10 scale?

3. Any change you would see this hit the outlets? The only thing holding me back is the price point. If I see these drop to $80 or lower, it's a surefire purchase.

Thanks!
I'm no hyper feel expert, but I'll try to answer a few of the ones I at least know.

1. The soles are different, if you look at the pictures on NDC.  Also, I believe the trainers have more lateral support.

2. Don't have any frees, sorry

3. I would wait for a 20% coupon to hit on NDC and get them from there when they are on sale.  I had a problem ordering the volts one time on NDC and called them, the dude gave them to me for 30% off because of it.  I paid $75 for the pair of volts.

Well about half way into the summer with list if running out into these and I will say this.

1. No sock is the way to go
2. The toe box is WAY to narrow

i finally bit the bullet are ordered the reds couldnt hold out any longer...have two pair of the OG colorway and i love wearing these on leg day at the gym...

havent seen a single good pic of the reds in this thread yet so hoping to do them some justice once they come in

I keep eyeing them hoping to catch if/when Nike does an additional 20% off sale items. If sizes start disappearing before that then I'll go ahead and purchase.

Looking forward to the pics. Feel the same way about not having seen any good pics of them.

So thinking of picking up a pair of hyperfeel trails and noticed that the women's pairs go for cheaper. Anyone just happen to kno the size differnce between men's and women's in these?

Talk about vanity sizing. :D  The woman's colorways for the trainers are better than the men's, it's too bad.

A pair of Hyperfeel trainers was delivered to my house this morning, can't wait to try them after work.

Last edited:
Wouldn't womens fit more narrow? Most womens shoes are like that in comparison to mens with a few exceptions like Vans or Chucks but that's mostly because their shoes are unisex.

Can anyone confirm when it comes to Nikes?

Idk but I need to try on a size 11 women's trl. My local outlet had them for $40. I got a pair for my wife but i didn't think to see if i could find one to fit into. We're gonna use them for obstacle course races :smile:

Hyperfeel TR Review:

Now that I've done a deadlift/back/metcon day, I can give a proper review.  I ordered both the 11.5 (my size in the Flyknit Lunar1+ runner and Zoom Speed trainer) and the 12.0.  In terms of length, the 11.5 was a little smaller than usual, but the main problem is the width of the toebox.  Why did Nike make it so narrow?  I recommend sizing up .5 to anyone who wants to make sure their toes can fully spread out during lifts.  My feet aren't especially wide.  Though the 11.5 provided for a more snug fit around the ankle, I had to go with the 12.0 due to the toebox.

I squat and deadlift in my dri-fit socks normally, so I can nearly compare this shoe to going "barefoot".

PROS:

- very comfortable, fits like a glove

- excellent grip

- lateral support is not an issue.  I can cut, hop, box jump, lateral shuffle, etc. without thinking about stability.  Perhaps if you are used to a really wide shoe, these might feel strange, but compared to no shoes, these are fine.  I could feel my ankles and calves having to engage more to support my body.

- I felt stable doing deadlifts, but the true test will be squats

- They look cutting edge

- Firm enough sole for lifting, though Nike could have gone firmer still.  Shoe can be used w/o insert if desired.

- Soft enough sole that sprints / short distance running are no problem.

CONS:

- narrow toebox.  I had to size up .5 to prevent toes from squishing together slightly, but this caused a slightly looser fit in ankle, which can be fixed somewhat by tying the shoe tighter.

- a little too much arch support.  I feel this way about most Nike shoes.  Lifting in socks allows you to develop strength in the arch of your foot.  These will not help that strength develop.  I personally don't feel like that much arch support is necessary.

Verdict: Very pleased with the shoe overall.  Definitely Nike's most minimal trainer for men at the moment.  Is it equivalent to truly lifting in socks / barefoot?  Absolutely not, but it's close enough that I can still get a good workout and it's probably safer too in terms of not slipping.  Doing metcon w/o shoes is impractical, so getting lower to the ground is always a good thing.  Nike could have gone even more minimal in terms of the sole, but as is, the shoe is a good all-arounder.

Have you tried lifting without the insole? I think that is an option for those who do squats.

Have you tried lifting without the insole? I think that is an option for those who do squats.
One can definitely use the shoe without the insole, as the inside is fairly smooth and doesn't irritate the foot.  But I haven't tried it beyond walking around for a few minutes.  The shoe doesn't fit as snugly without it (in fact it solved the toe box width issue in size 11.5).  The fact that the front of the shoe curves upwards seemed to be more noticeable without the sole.  This would also be a way to accomplish a zero drop if desired.

Last edited:
TTS with socks? Wanted to grab a pair to run in, but my Flyknit Frees fit tight, so im hesitant. Didnt see anything on the first page

Last edited:
Quote:

TTS with socks? Wanted to grab a pair to run in, but my Flyknit Frees fit tight, so im hesitant. Didnt see anything on the first page
Check my post just above (#714) re sizing.  Where are your FF's tight?  The Hyperfeels will be less tight around the ankle, but as I wrote above, I felt the Hyperfeels are tight in the footbox but TTS in terms of length.  I had to upsize .5 for more toe room.

Quote:

Check my post just above (#714) re sizing.  Where are your FF's tight?  The Hyperfeels will be less tight around the ankle, but as I wrote above, I felt the Hyperfeels are tight in the footbox but TTS in terms of length.  I had to upsize .5 for more toe room.

Toe box so I'll upsize a half. Thanks

Insteresting that they lowered the price, I have feeling it's a mistake though and they might correct it later, I think that's happened before with NDC.

Thanks for the heads up though, red with blue is nice.

Back
Top Bottom