Hypothetical Question Vol. Drive-Thru

So, let's pretend you haven't eaten all day. You're starving, "I could eat a horse" status and you spot the closest fast food restaurant. You head for the drive-thru, order your meal and pay for it. When you go to collect your meal, they tell you that there will be a short wait for your food. While waiting, you receive a phone call from a family member/significant other and they tell you that another family member has had a horrible, life-threatening accident and they are on their way to the hospital.

Do you...

A) Put pedal to the metal and leave the drive-thru without your food to go visit your fam in the hospital

or

B) Wait for the food to come then head to the hospital. Word to Elaine and the Jujy Fruits

Mind you, you've already paid for the meal.

I eat to deal with stress so I'd probably wait for the food and finish everything before I left the parking lot,

tired.gif

Son I'm collecting my grub.  Unless I lose my appetite like someone above said which is entirely possible.

I mean if I'm hungry like THAT and I'm already at the drive through window, the only way I'm leaving without my food is if I can somehow change what's already happened. How is me getting there an additional couple minutes later going to change anything.

I'm eating my burger while dipping in and out of gears and making absolutely brilliant time.

i dont think anyone can truthfully answer this question, unless they've experienced it.

A similar situation happened to me when my grandmother died.

It was a Friday evening in August and I had just gotten off work. The sun was just setting, I came home with a bag full of Taco Bell - some double decker tacos and I think one gordita which just came out at the time, yum. I put my food down on the table and then checked the messages on the answering machine, there was an abnormal amount of them. They were all from my cousin and aunt who were hysterical saying my grandma had a stroke. I sat on the steps to collect my thoughts and then I went and hammered that Taco Bell meal.

Going into hysterics doesn't really help in that situation, only puts yourself in danger IMO, and there's nothing you can do if there has already been a horrible accident. It's best to collect your thoughts and prepare for the upcoming tribulation that is about to consume your life.

I would probably sit in my car, gather my thoughts, ask where the hospital is at, put the directions in my iPhones GPS. [I'm terrible with directions and I don't know where any of the local hospitals are to be honest.]

In that period of time i would expect to get my food, then proceed get to the hospital as quickly and safely as possible. I always put my safety above all others, i don't care who you are. I'm not gonna put myself at risk in possible high traffic and high speed situations for you, smh. I would once again sit in my car once i got to the hospital, gather my thoughts and brace myself for what I am about to experience or what news i may receive.

whether or not i eat my food remains to be seen. but at the end of the day, i'm not rushing any where for anybody.

Unless it is my mom or dad, I'm going to eat my food first. My mom's side of the family doesn't cry at funerals or when people die anyways. They do "homegoing celebrations," i.e a funeral but it's not said or somber because everyone is O.D religious and believe whoever is in a better place now, having been called up to be with the Lord in Heaven.

what if you wait for your #3 super size and when you get to the hospital everybody is already there looking like
frown.gif
 and you just missed their last words.

I would still get my food provided the wait wasn't too long, I paid for it so I'm getting it. Like mentioned, this isn't someone in the process of being raped in the moment or anything, the damage was done in the accident already & someone is already at the scene if I was notified...me getting there at 10:02 instead of 10:07 won't help them in the least. Most it would do is allow me to see them if they were to die at say 10:06, but then call me selfish or careless but I wouldn't wanna rush to see the last 30 seconds of someone's life because they're likely in a state I wouldn't wanna remember them in.

Whether or not I eat the food is another story(8/10 times I would still eat though) because the worst thing you can do at a time like this is stop acting normal, and normal would be satisfying my hunger. Last thing we need is someone there for support to show their own signs of weakness from being hungry. We're not talking about going to a restaurant or anything to sit after getting the news, just getting the food I paid for that would be ready in a matter of seconds-minutes.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

what if you wait for your #3 super size and when you get to the hospital everybody is already there looking like
frown.gif
 and you just missed their last words.

this.

a person died im sure you can survive a couple more hours without food.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Son I'm collecting my grub.  Unless I lose my appetite like someone above said which is entirely possible.

I mean if I'm hungry like THAT and I'm already at the drive through window, the only way I'm leaving without my food is if I can somehow change what's already happened. How is me getting there an additional couple minutes later going to change anything.

I'm eating my burger while dipping in and out of gears and making absolutely brilliant time.

This. +1 for driving stick.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

*prays while waiting for food and then does this ^*

stress would remove the hunger.

but, if they're in the hospital, no reason to rush, not like you're going to help.

Back
Top Bottom