I’m having a hard time doing this on my own…

Sounds like you need to look at your budget and how much you're spending on food. Not only are you eating out but you're paying someone to have it brought to you. lol.

You have kids, get a costco card if you dont have one. Plan your meals and cook. Go to farmers markets...etc. There are all sorts of options out there.

Marry me or get me access back into the fools wildn thread.

I find since moving on my own ordering food be a necessity smh. During volleyball and basketball season(I coach afterschool) I be getting home right at dinner time and don’t got the energy nor the patience when I’m hungry to cook. It be easier to just pick up food.

I come in peace.

I suggest cooking a LOT on Sunday just to meal prep for the week. Food can probably run out by Thursday. There are a lot of YouTube channels dedicated to meal prepping simple dishes.

That eating out can and will add up

I’m here in NJ where everything is crazy overpriced and I don’t make anywhere close to 6 figures... but I still manage though...getting a new job that pays more definitely helps... my last job the salary was weak so I left and now I can manage my finances better whereas before it was tight...its also very important to keep a budget… everyday at work I bring my own lunch, breakfast and snacks…on the weekend I keep eating out to a minimum…it also helps that I never do delivery for food and pick it up myself…why pay tips and delivery charges if you don’t have too

I don’t do the cooking. At all. Wheat I’ve been getting into or meal prep services like Factor. Comes to like 10-12 a plate. But it’s delivered to me and all I have to do is heat it up. Also good for my diet.

So do I.

During the season I meal prep on weekends usually something like spaghetti, chicken and rice, or a beef and rice.

Peanut butter toast and fruit for breakfast, a salad or cold cut sandwich for lunch, then one of the meal prepped dinners once I get home.

Might grab a pizza or CFA one night if I don’t feel like eating one of the dinners. I can eat off less than $50 for a week with no issue. Water with every meal.
Solid plan…But what about if you in a fine fine dining mood? Sometimes you just gotta have that steak and lobster on a weds night :lol:

I don’t do the cooking. At all. Wheat I’ve been getting into or meal prep services like Factor. Comes to like 10-12 a plate. But it’s delivered to me and all I have to do is heat it up. Also good for my diet.
I do 3 home fresh meals a week for my wife and I. It's typically about 75 bucks a week.

I needed to learn how to cook and at 12-15 dollars (with shipping) I can't really complain about the home chef experience. I cancelled it for about 2 months and it was annoying as hell to have to figure out what to eat but also if we had all the right ingredients to make it.

I know a lot of people arent into cooking but it has truly saved me a ton of money and it adds a sense of joy to my life by providing something somewhat healthy for my fam.

I do 3 home fresh meals a week for my wife and I. It's typically about 75 bucks a week.

I needed to learn how to cook and at 12-15 dollars (with shipping) I can't really complain about the home chef experience. I cancelled it for about 2 months and it was annoying as hell to have to figure out what to eat but also if we had all the right ingredients to make it.

I know a lot of people arent into cooking but it has truly saved me a ton of money and it adds a sense of joy to my life by providing something somewhat healthy for my fam.
I feel you playa. I just don’t want to go buy groceries, unpack, cook, and clean. Rather uses that time for something else :lol:

grocery shopping and taking time to cook and prepare meals is the way. i used to love going to restaurants but with a kid and another one on the way it is neither cheap nor practical anymore. not going out to eat easily saved me $500+ a month.

For all the folks that don't cook, the Tasty app is your friend. All you gotta do is follow directions.

Figure out exactly where the money is going

Track it for a couple of months by major categories (or figure it out for the past few months if possible) and set a budget from there

Very easy to spend and not think twice til you see the numbers in front of you

I absolutely love my single life.

But these bills are a ****in problem!

Besides the cliche “make more money” how are my single brothers maintaining?

It can’t be easy unless your a 6 figure man.

I’m not a 6 figure man.
Stay Single man. This coming from a Married Man. In today's economy, 6 figures isnt enough. You think those Bills whooping you. Get a girlfriend/wife and have Kids. watch how difficult Life be.

My bad you love your single life. I read things a little wrong. Sorry.

I was saving up and investing a lot when single.. When I got married and had kids, that's all over.. All my $ goes to the family

Going out to eat is the silent killer for many, food delivery adds on to that. “Service fee, delivery fee, tip” etc. Can just call the restaurant and go pick it up.. If you’re coming back from work or whatever, just find a restaurant that is on the way/path home.

It’s these ****ing kids man 😤

I love them with all my heart but **** these kids man!

I think I just need to reset and get my budget together.

I stopped buying clothes and shoes a while ago I think eating out has to be the next thing to go.

I honestly think Doordash is the main thing.

I had stopped for a while I don’t know what got me back on this ****.
Ahhh you have kids. It's a wrap buddy. You might as well find a 2nd job.
Btw, go grocery shopping. Cook things like spaghetti , Tacos. Things that last for a few days.
Cut back on the subscription you have. that can add up.

I was saving up and investing a lot when single.. When I got married and had kids, that's all over.. All my $ goes to the family

Going out to eat is the silent killer for many, food delivery adds on to that. “Service fee, delivery fee, tip” etc. Can just call the restaurant and go pick it up.. If you’re coming back from work or whatever, just find a restaurant that is on the way/path home.
I know the feeling. Being Married and all your money goes back to your family. LOL

100k a year is nothing anymore unless you live in a hillbilly area where cost of living is absolutely nothing

It sucks

I'm not going to front but I don't know how to cook either... my meals consist of a banana for breakfast, salad for lunch and frozen food you throw in the oven for dinner lmao... I have to learn how to cook myself... I don't mind the grocery shopping and washing the dishes... Just have to find time to cook really because I get home by 6:30-7 and thats the time I like to eat... but if it takes an hour plus to cook I'm looking at eating between 7:30-8... regardless I should learn though lol...

I'm not going to front but I don't know how to cook either... my meals consist of a banana for breakfast, salad for lunch and frozen food you throw in the oven for dinner lmao... I have to learn how to cook myself... I don't mind the grocery shopping and washing the dishes... Just have to find time to cook really because I get home by 6:30-7 and thats the time I like to eat... but if it takes an hour plus to cook I'm looking at eating between 7:30-8... regardless I should learn though lol...
Really you should try Home Fresh. It's not that expensive and at a minimum it will give you a couple of simple recipes that you can repeat anytime you desire.

so when y’all meal prep y’all be eating the same thing everyday? Or ya just cook a whole bunch of diff stuff on the weekends?

Cook whatever the meat is as it's usually the base of your meal. I always meal prepped lots of chicken. Then I'd change up sauces etc when over the rest of the week.

Truly single me was a savage and I could live off 2-3 rotisserie chickens a week. I'm happy to say I've eveolved from that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom