I Am Legend vs. Cast Away!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I am watching I Am Legend talking to some friends saying how well Willard Smith Jr. acted in it. I mean he was amazing in the movie. Which made methink of this. Why didn't Willard Smith Jr. get an Oscar (Academy Award) for I Am Legend. In my opinion I think he should have received an award for thismovie. It was amazing and he did an awesome job in the movie and to me I Am Legend is better than Cast Away. Cast Away, a movie in which Tom Hanks Receivedan Academy Award for Best Actor in, a movie in that goes along the same lines as I Am Legend. So I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks about this. Do You Believe Will Smith Should Have Received An Academy Award (Oscar) for I Am Legend???

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I Am Legend was trash IMO.. Tried watching it 3 times and fell asleep.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Cast Away > I Am Legend.[/color]

He's my favorite actor but I don't think his role was Oscar worthy. I'd have to go with Cast away. This was pure talent, he didn't haveanything but a damn ball. Will still had a home, entertainment, food and a dog!

Keith...you are stupid.
laugh.gif

say what? I am Legend was an Ok movie IMO, nothing near Oscar winning material ..

In the other hand, cast away was pure talent and his performance was def worthy of an oscar ..

You're bout three posts from a thread failure. I'd edit and ask for a lock if I were you.

With that said, what kinda dumb *%% comparison is this!? Not even close.

cast away by a lot............

movie was nominated for best picture and hanks was nominated for best actor...

i liked i am legend, but castaway was way better

because movies like I Am Legend are cheesy and not taken seriously by the average person, nor movie critic. they're purely entertainment. Whereas castawayis a lot deeper and thought-provoking.. it didn't cheese it up with action scenes with zombie like people.

If you can't see the difference - then you probably also think movies like the transporter deserve awards too.

op has no idea what good acting or a good movie is. i mean seriously..i am legend? it was one of the more boring movies i have ever seen. and his acting isnever that good. (terrible in ali) but his bad acting is not not all his fault though...he is such a big superstar it is hard for him to seperate himself fromwill smith...imo will smith is one of the most over rated actors.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Cast Away > I Am Legend.[/color]
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

cast away by a lot............
Originally Posted by Bigmike23

cast away and its not even close.
I saw I Am Legend in the Philippines, which ran me about $2-3 US Dollars. I seriously wanted my money back after the movie.
smh.gif

Wilson > I Am Legend

Okay, so maybe I show some favoritism to my man Willard. But for him to not have an academy award by now is horrible. Man came from Fresh Prince to where he isnow and still didn't get one for Pursuit of Happiness. He just keeps getting snaked like my guy Denzel, who should have had an academy award way beforeTraining Day, perhaps for X, but thats a different discussion. Willard should have one by now, maybe he'll get one for his new movie 7 lbs.

P.S. I loved Cast Away and Tom Hanks is Tight too, they just keep snaking my guy Willard.

I think Will is a pretty good actor, but i just don't think he's ever had an oscar worthy peformance. Good performances, sure. But not oscar worthy.

Originally Posted by HBK1nONLY03

Okay, so maybe I show some favoritism to my man Willard. But for him to not have an academy award by now is horrible. Man came from Fresh Prince to where he is now and still didn't get one for Pursuit of Happiness. He just keeps getting snaked like my guy Denzel, who should have had an academy award way before Training Day, perhaps for X, but thats a different discussion. Willard should have one by now, maybe he'll get one for his new movie 7 lbs.

P.S. I loved Cast Away and Tom Hanks is Tight too, they just keep snaking my guy Willard.

lol, ur wildin. why should will smith have an academy award? name one role that he gve a breathtaking perfomance. where u completely forgot who will smithwas...it sure wasnt pursuit of happyness...he is not that good...at all

Originally Posted by HBK1nONLY03

Okay, so maybe I show some favoritism to my man Willard. But for him to not have an academy award by now is horrible. Man came from Fresh Prince to where he is now and still didn't get one for Pursuit of Happiness. He just keeps getting snaked like my guy Denzel, who should have had an academy award way before Training Day, perhaps for X, but thats a different discussion. Willard should have one by now, maybe he'll get one for his new movie 7 lbs.

The reason why they don't give Denzel an award is because there is no award given to someone for playing the same role in every movie

will smith shouldnt win an oscar for i am legend, now pursuit of happyness on the other hand...

Cast away was a much better movie, and tom also acted better imo.

I am legend could have been so much better.........

Back
Top Bottom