I ask basketball fans, not just knick fans, would you match Rockets' offer for Lin?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Honestly, Lin had a fantastic stretch of games but why didn't he just just be grateful and take the Knicks' initial matching offer? His agent screwed him, New York even knows Jeremy is unproven.

Why did his agent screw him?  How often do you see RFA's not test the market and get offer sheets?  Plus, this is a guy who has been cut quite a few times and is cashing in on his good stretch of games.  His agent should be getting praise for getting this kid $25mm.  The Knicks offer was only going to be the MLE, he had every right to try and get more money especially since the Knicks stood firm on their "matching anything" stance.

A lot of folks share that same sentiment and I don't understand it TBH. IMO, Lin does not owe New York anything. Especially with a team that was by all accounts foaming at the mouth for someone to offer him a deal so they could match. Like I said, RFA's RARELY don't test the market.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by DMan14

so who has more pressure next year? lin or felton?
Felton's uniform.
laugh.gif

Do you guys really see Lin getting PT with Felton and Kidd on the squad? I feel Woodson won't hesitate to bench him as soon as he has a bad stint.

lin wanted to stay tho
knicks said go test the market
"will match any contract up to a billion"
market tested and bluffed called
dolan mad
lin dont care and is getting paid no matter what

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

lin wanted to stay tho
dolan mad

laugh.gif
This is pretty much exactly what happened.

I find it hilarious knicks fans turning so quickly on a guy that you can legitimately say helped bring them to the playoffs. Yeah, dude hasn't done it for an entire season yet, but have fun settling on a Melo/Amare combo for the next few years knowing exactly what you'll get (first round exit at best, following a season's worth of Melo isos
sick.gif
).

He doesn't owe NY anything, and NY doesn't owe him anything either.
I think if he wanted to stay on NYK and NYK equally wanted to keep him badly enough this wouldn't have happened.

It's clear to me something happened along the way on either side- we won't know until the smoke is clear.

The contract is ridiculous, and you don't pay 15 million to a player unless he's elite (in theory...anyway
laugh.gif
)
I really had thought all along the Knicks would offer him a contract averaging around 5-6 million a year and that'd be it.

Honestly, Lin had a fantastic stretch of games but why didn't he just just be grateful and take the Knicks' initial matching offer? His agent screwed him, New York even knows Jeremy is unproven.

Ya man who wants more money?

That agent is such an !$%%#%!

eyes.gif

Honestly why are people hating on Lin for taking more money and most likely more playing time/opportunities?

I do not get this. At all.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Why did his agent screw him?  How often do you see RFA's not test the market and get offer sheets?  Plus, this is a guy who has been cut quite a few times and is cashing in on his good stretch of games.  His agent should be getting praise for getting this kid $25mm.  The Knicks offer was only going to be the MLE, he had every right to try and get more money especially since the Knicks stood firm on their "matching anything" stance.

Yeah, but he should of just accepted New York's matching offer initially and call it a day. Homie thought he was worth $6 million more. We'll see by 11:59 P.M. tonight..

It's not that he got paid, it's how he did it. Morey trolled us, Lin got tricked, Knicks got pissed, everyone loses except Morey if we let Lin go.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

lin wanted to stay tho
dolan mad

laugh.gif
This is pretty much exactly what happened.
It is how it panned out, but I don't think Dolan believed in him to begin with.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

It's not that he got paid, it's how he did it. Morey trolled us, Lin got tricked, Knicks got pissed, everyone loses except Morey if we let Lin go.

Lin will be making $20+ million after only his 2nd season playing (which was like only 15 games
laugh.gif
)

Yeahhhhh.... Ummmm.... How is that losing again?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Originally Posted by MMG

Your a #%%@@#@ idiot if you think they should
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this whole "hes gonna be worth X amount" because hes so popular, yea he was when he had his amazing "streak" of 20 games, but no one is going to give a !*@% about linsanity when hes on the bench
laugh.gif
Everyone lives in the moment

Yeah good argument bro, '' anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot '' what are you in 5th grade ? Youre next response will probly be '' im rubber youre glue .... ''

If its true about Ny gaining 600 million in stock then just from the business standpoint i'd match it, how often does that happen ?

Its not nearly as cut and dry as youre making it seem, there are good points for either decision the knicks make.....and why would you just assume Lin would be on the bench ?

its an expression, Im not literally saying you an idiot
eyes.gif

He cant go left, his defense is sub par, he has a high TO rate, when he drives into the lane he doesnt keep his head up..... hes not a very good PG. He could very well end up on the bench towards the end of this contract.

This was his first season getting starter minutes, he was basically thrust into a starting line up for a team that was messed up in the first place. You guys are hating on him so much when that was just his second year but first year of real game time. "Everyone lives in the moment", LOL when was the last time you've seen this happen. He was putting up numbers against good team. 

Lin will be making $20+ million after only his 2nd season playing (which was like only 15 games
laugh.gif
)

roll.gif

He would have made more than that off endorsements in NY if he had just been as decent as he was last season.

Now he's going to a suckier franchise that he doesn't really want to play for.  Plus if he ends up sucking it up in Houston that $20 mil is probably gonna be the last money he'll see.

Plus he just kinda likes NY.  Besides the Bay Area, all his roots are in the Northeast (he has family in NYC.)  He wanted to stay here.  He's gonna get PAID there, but it's not quite a win because it didn't work out how he wanted it to.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

laugh.gif
)

roll.gif

He would have made more than that off endorsements in NY if he had just been as decent as he was last season.

Now he's going to a suckier franchise that he doesn't really want to play for.  Plus if he ends up sucking it up in Houston that $20 mil is probably gonna be the last money he'll see.

Plus he just kinda likes NY.  Besides the Bay Area, all his roots are in the Northeast (he has family in NYC.)  He wanted to stay here.  He's gonna get PAID there, but it's not quite a win because it didn't work out how he wanted it to.

$25M is losing?  consider that he was about to get cut and be out of the league.  that's a huge come up.
laugh.gif

if the knicks match that offer
roll.gif

laugh.gif

What would you take? 25 mil GURANTEED NOW, or endorsement you MIGHT POSSIBLY make, MAYBE.

Starter minutes vs. sharing PT with Fat Boy and Grandpa Kidd?

Being an All-Star (off votes) and playing how you want, or playing coach woodson system where you have to give the ball to Melo and STAT in iso?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I don't even think the Rockets know how bad Lin and Toney Douglas are at handling the ball.

The boy played 15 games!
laugh.gif
Let him cook, i'm sure he's been practicing in the off-season (while getting PAID)

Back
Top Bottom