I came out to my parents today....

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I always thought of you as the guy with the plain jane air max collection in wdywt 
laugh.gif

how are your parents feeling now? how about your best friend then and now?

and props.

you know what's ironic?  several years ago, i was called THE WORST DRESSED PERSON ON NT in that thread, lol...
... so much for stereotypes!  lol
i work with some homosexual dude off site who lives in miami from alabama.  went to visit them on a work trip.  dude couldnt dress either hah no disrespect.

i think that has more to do with dude being from alabama
laugh.gif

@pacers lol yea i know the stereotype of gays dressing well and this guy didnt but i was also poking (wat) fun at both being from alabama too

Congrats

And as regards if my son came out, I would still treat him and love him the same, that's my son and blood, and always will be

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

Timcity you definitely don't dress "gay"...J/P props to you my man.

For real. I only remember Timcity for his simplicity amongst the eccentric dressers. Just photos and even shoes that he wears, I would have never expected this.

Good for you though. I could only imagine hiding that away from parents for so long.

Congrats. Now you can be you, 100%.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm happy your parents were accepting. Things weren't that way for my brother, when he came out to my dad. 

wow. congrats on getting that done man. i can't imagine what it must feel like to get that kind of weight off your chest. it's awesome that your parents were accepting of it too.

Congrats. I can't imagine the pain of having to hide who you are, in hopes that other people accept you.

I hope your parents, family and friends are nothing but understanding and supportive.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I always thought of you as the guy with the plain jane air max collection in wdywt 
laugh.gif

how are your parents feeling now? how about your best friend then and now?

and props.

you know what's ironic?  several years ago, i was called THE WORST DRESSED PERSON ON NT in that thread, lol...
... so much for stereotypes!  lol
So dalitso is gay too? Damb.

DAMN.
laugh.gif

Congrats Tim...the OG AL NTer.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Knowing what I know now as a displaced "Yankee" down here, I can't imagine the internal struggles you encountered by simply growing up around a lot of closed-minded individuals.  No hate on your home state, but this is easily the most backwards thinking place I've ever lived.  
laugh.gif
  Am I wrong for saying that I'm counting the days until I can leave?   

Props though boss...I'm glad your parents were accepting and I'm glad you had the courage to go through with it.  

If you were my kid I would've hit you with the
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
Took you 33 years to tell me that son?!?!?!?
laugh.gif

Props to you though for having the balls and courage to come out though man
pimp.gif

Congrats, man. 
Also, good to see the positive replies in here. I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked this thread.

Did your parents react the way you thought or assumed they would have? Was it anything like you anticipated after having gone through the agony of the situation in your head over and over?

As many have stated, I'm pleasantly surprised that NT is being so mature and supportive about this.

As for OP, I'm happy for you, and happy that your parents were so accepting of you.

Back
Top Bottom