congrats my friend
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Fig Neuton should take notes on how to come out to NT

Props to you OP

I honestly think the reason this thread has been so positive is because of the way Tim portrays himself.  Although I have had little to no interaction with Tim, I have always respected him and how he took jokes on his bootcut jeans and what not.  I am not sure how, he must have mentioned it some time, but I knew he was gay before this thread.
Fig gets hated on (by myself included) because he is flamboyantly gay and annoying, in my opinion, about his homosexuality. 

Congrats TimWitIt

DING DING DING. exactlyyy... i dont kno dude aside from WDYWT but hes always come across as a humble down to earth dude. had this been a different NTer... ruh roh

i guess it jus goes to show the NT community judges ppl by the content of the character after all...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

wait, dude just admitted to being gay and there isnt a single bad reponse? im shocked.

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Fig Neuton should take notes on how to come out to NT

Props to you OP

I honestly think the reason this thread has been so positive is because of the way Tim portrays himself.  Although I have had little to no interaction with Tim, I have always respected him and how he took jokes on his bootcut jeans and what not.  I am not sure how, he must have mentioned it some time, but I knew he was gay before this thread.
Fig gets hated on (by myself included) because he is flamboyantly gay and annoying, in my opinion, about his homosexuality. 

Congrats TimWitIt

Definitely agree with what cbrooks said. Tim respects people on this board so he gets respect back. And Fig... well I blocked him a very long time ago lol.

Props Tim
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pftjordans

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

*reads first page of post*

*goes to last page of post to see ignorant pyramid quotes*

*sees nothing but congrats posts*

eek.gif

Good for you OP, must've been really difficult thing to do if you waited so long.

^
laugh.gif
QFT Good luck OP

Good for you, fam.  You definitely got my respect and always thought of you as a stand up dude from your posts in the CBB thread.

All you need now is for Renardo to get his $@$+ together and you're good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Originally Posted by pftjordans

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

*reads first page of post*

*goes to last page of post to see ignorant pyramid quotes*

*sees nothing but congrats posts*

eek.gif

Good for you OP, must've been really difficult thing to do if you waited so long.

^
laugh.gif
QFT Good luck OP

props, Tim. 

NOW THAT WE HAVE CONGRATULATED OP... (WHICH HE DESERVES)... LET'S BE REAL AND ANSWER HIS QUESTION...

How would I feel if my son told me he was gay?

On the real, although I have no biased towards the homosexual community, a selfish part of me would INITIALLY feel a sense of disappointment or failure as a father. Every man wants his son to grow up and have a wonderful life. At first glance a 'wonderful life' usually entails money, success, and happiness. As a father I hope to one day watch my son progress in sports, school, and socially. For my son to open up to me about his sexuality AT FIRST would give me the initial thought that I will never get to see him accomplish these things and a part of sadness would come over me. But once I look into his eyes and realize that he truly is the blessing in my life, realize that he can still accomplish those things, and what HE must be going through, that sadness would turn into happiness and sense of pride for the man he has become. To truly be a wonderful father you must love and care for your children.

cliffnotes - initially I would be hurt/disappointed, and then really proud and understanding

You never had a girlfriend in 33 years? I'm sure your parents knew something out of the ordinary was going on. Glad they accepted you for who you are, I can't say my parents or even myself (when I have children) would react the same way. 

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

On the real, although I have no biased towards the homosexual community, a selfish part of me would INITIALLY feel a sense of disappointment or failure as a father. Every man wants his son to grow up and have a wonderful life. At first glance a 'wonderful life' usually entails money, success, and happiness. As a father I hope to one day watch my son progress in sports, school, and socially.  
thanks for the response.  it's probably a common reaction, i would think.

but here's the good news: i can have and participate in all of those things too!

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

I find it amazing that there's a homosexual thread on NT which happens to be the only one Fig Neuton isn't in.

But More importantly, Congrats OP

Only reason he isn't is because he got banned.
Congrats OP for having the courage.

Damn 33? Thats a LONG time to be holding that in man. Im proud of you for finally putting that out there. Hopefully now you can be more comfortable with yourself.

Wish you all the best man
pimp.gif

Congrats OP. Glad to hear you got this off your chest.

For your question; I wouldn't care at all. My sister's gay and it doesn't bother my family in the least. I'd accept my kid for whomever they like. It seems kinda shallow for people to be disappointed considering it's what makes their kid happy.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

rayray3thousand wrote:

On the real, although I have no biased towards the homosexual community, a selfish part of me would INITIALLY feel a sense of disappointment or failure as a father. Every man wants his son to grow up and have a wonderful life. At first glance a 'wonderful life' usually entails money, success, and happiness. As a father I hope to one day watch my son progress in sports, school, and socially.  

but here's the good news: i can have and participate in all of those things too!

yeah, i don't understand his response. homosexuality isn't a crippling disease, anybody can experience everything highlighted regardless of whom they sleep with.

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

rayray3thousand wrote:

yeah, i don't understand his response. homosexuality isn't a crippling disease, anybody can experience everything highlighted regardless of whom they sleep with.
On a personal level, if it was up to me, I would LOVE to one day watch my son grow up and play sports, go to college, meet a girl, get married, have kids, etc.  The initial reaction to finding out he was gay would make me think that I couldn't ever see those things happen, especially being a grandfather.  I'm just being honest, because that is what OP was to his family, and what I think he wants and deserves from us.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

On a personal level, if it was up to me, I would LOVE to one day watch my son grow up and play sports, go to college, meet a girl, get married, have kids, etc.  The initial reaction to finding out he was gay would make me think that I couldn't ever see those things happen, especially being a grandfather.  I'm just being honest, because that is what OP was to his family, and what I think he wants and deserves from us.

understood.

and to be honest, i thought the grandchildren thing might be their biggest disappointment.  but even that could still happen (certainly not in the traditional sense, though).

acceptance is the difference that makes or breaks the rest of your life especially your parents. Since they did I can see you being happy for a long time. Good Job man

Back
Top Bottom