I dont even think its close. Deron Williams is head and shoulders above all PGs

Even over Steve Nash, a man who won 2 MVP's
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

yall actin like cp3 is head and shoulders a better player..and thats clearly not the case

It's not though. Deron Williams has taken his team to the Western Conference finals which I believe is farther than Paul has gone. Playoffs = success, andDeron has been a better player so far. While I don't think Deron is better than Chris, it is a close 1, 2. They play a very different style of basketball.Deron to me is the ideal #2 option on a championship level team. Chris is just a #1 on a borderline championship team.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

yall actin like cp3 is head and shoulders a better player..and thats clearly not the case

It's not though. Deron Williams has taken his team to the Western Conference finals which I believe is farther than Paul has gone. Playoffs = success, and Deron has been a better player so far. While I don't think Deron is better than Chris, it is a close 1, 2. They play a very different style of basketball. Deron to me is the ideal #2 option on a championship level team. Chris is just a #1 on a borderline championship team.

HUH? This is what I just read: Deron is better than Chris. Deron isnt better than Chris. Chris is #2 option on a better team. Chris is #1 on lesser of ateam.

Sooooo, what's your conclusion?

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

I like DWill better but I'm biased. But head to head seems like Deron has CP3's number.
thas only bcuz DWill is bigger & stronger than CP3.

If i was building a team from scratch, and 1st choice was at the pg position, i'm good with either Paul or Deron, either or wouldnt matter to me

id_paul_williams.jpg

^^ Even this man can't decide
tongue.gif

But seriously, Chris > Deron

- Paul won the Southwest last season despite playing in the same division as the Rockets, Spurs, and Mavericks
- Williams won the Northwest with only the Nuggets as "competition" to win that division.
- To the guy who said Deron's achievements > Chris's achievements because of playoffs...remember this, the Jazz benefited from playing a muchsmaller GSW team but lost 4-1 to a much bigger Spurs team. The Hornets may have failed to make it to the WCF but they went down 4-3 in what was a much tougherseries for the defending champs. So you're logic is a little flawed.
- Winning the All-Star Skills Competition doesn't mean Deron is better than Chris.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams

3. The Rest

Well, just put it like this: You can't go wrong with either one.

Even though now I am hypothetically interested in wondering if Deron could've single-handedly made Tyson Chandler's career worth anything like CP3 did.

roll.gif

There may have been a debate a couple of years ago, but now now.

As far as active PGs go Paul > *

Here is why people think Paul is better.

He is his teams number 1,2 and 3 option.

Really aside from his having the ball most of the time what seperates him from Williams.

Boozer, can create his own shot, Brewer is better than any 2/3 the Hornets have, Ak47 can create his own shot, and to me Millsap is more dangerous and skilledthan any big the Hornets have.

The Hornets are built around Paul's abilities, and while some believe thats because hes a superior player, its because he would be less effective if hedidnt dominate the ball.

Both are winning players and whom ever I take would be dependent on what pieces I could get to complement each guy. I feel Williams hasnt gotten close to hispeak, however Paul has reached his because, his size does hinder him at times.

Originally Posted by TrippinonNikes

Did Steve Nash fall off that hard? I didn't think he died...
That system allowed him to be as good as he was. If he wasn't so skilled regardless of that system, those MVP's would deserve asterisks.

yall dudes are jock riding or high..seriously..u gon try to tell me that chris paul is a MUCH better player than deron..i could live with sayin they are on thesame level...ill put it like this if deron played for the hornets he would be gettin lebron numbers

yall dudes are jock riding or high..seriously..u gon try to tell me that chris paul is a MUCH better player than deron..i could live with sayin they are on the same level...ill put it like this if deron played for the hornets he would be gettin lebron numbers

qft. i like cp3, but deron is right up there with him. these two pgs are on the same level and the teams they play for fit their style.

i know marvin williams is improving, hawks done messed up

Back
Top Bottom