I dont even think its close. Deron Williams is head and shoulders above all PGs

Atlanta Hawks though
smh.gif

Both of them are pretty much on the same level. They're 1a and 1b in my opinion.

pimp.gif

church

you have to also see that deron is a more talented shooter/possible scorer, than chris and about on the same level as a passer. pauls j is not where it needsto be, 3's? forget it. I know yall saw him REFUSE to shoot the 3 yesterday after the cavs were giving it to him. I really didn't like that and I knowfor a fact deron wouldn't even hesitate... I wouldn't, so there goes my bias as a shooter

D will over cp3 ...

reasons ...

size and strength
better jumper
i want him w/ the ball taking the shot at the end of the game ... i have no confidence in chris paul to hit a game winning jumper ... i thought he shied awayin game 7 vs the spurs last year too ...

cp3 is nice though

Originally Posted by Ryanbbn1

the chris paul >deron williams stuff is nonsense. I know that Deron williams is the best pg in the league(until agent zero returns
tongue.gif
). and in the long run im gonna want a pg who is 3 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier than the so called best point guard in the league(chris paul).

had a valid point until that

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Chris Paul[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]37.6[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]14.3[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td].342[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td].868[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]20.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Deron Williams[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [td].435[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td].323[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td].829[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

Am I missing something?

Chris is BARELY ahead of Deron in those stats and Deron is just now getting healthy. You wanna be Schwabs dont have to post stats all the time they dont alwaystell the story. Now myself I think Chris is a tad bit better overall but some of you are making it seem as if Deron isnt even in consideration.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Chris is BARELY ahead of Deron in those stats and Deron is just now getting healthy. You wanna be Schwabs dont have to post stats all the time they dont always tell the story. Now myself I think Chris is a tad bit better overall but some of you are making it seem as if Deron isnt even in consideration.

What stats are you looking at? CP is better in every single category besides blocks, and by a wide margin in some of them. And you're right that statsdon't tell the whole story, but you still don't even need stats to tell that there really isn't even a comparison.

Dudes on this board only look at stats, Really there are only a few guys im looking at post about Paul.

This season Paul is better but D Will aint near 100%

i want him w/ the ball taking the shot at the end of the game ... i have no confidence in chris paul to hit a game winning jumper ... i thought he shied away in game 7 vs the spurs last year too ...
Chris doesn't have to settle for shots.
Chris is BARELY ahead of Deron in those stats and Deron is just now getting healthy.
"Barely?" Really? +5 in points, +3 in rebounds, +1 in assists, +2 in steals, +6%, +2%, +4%.

Those of you saying Deron is better must be relying on stats, too. Otherwise, you would know that he doesn't have the court vision that Chris has, theball-handling skills, or the ability to get wherever he pleases on the floor on every possession. Deron's a better shooter, and he still isn't shootingbetter than Chris this season. The only definite thing that Deron Williams is better at than Chris Paul right now is being bigger, and that doesn't evenshow in the scoring or rebounding numbers.
ill put it like this if deron played for the hornets he would be gettin lebron numbers
What?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Deron Williams better than Chris Paul?!?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously! They are both good players, but CP3 is alot better IMO.

ill put it like this if deron played for the hornets he would be gettin lebron numbers
What?

Okay lets play a game..can we agree that the utah jazz have more offensive weapons (quality) than the hornets..?

if you agree then doesnt that mean deron would be taking lesser shots (not to mention he has been injured this season) ?..right

so he doesnt have a REAL heavy load..its still heavy..

i dunno how hard it is to see that deron is easily a better scorer/shooter/slasher etc. than paul..however paul has a leg up on him in defense..but anyone cansee that.dude jumps the passing lane like no other. to me i dont think neither is leaps and bounds ahead of another. they are bout the same to me. and letsnot bring up beijing because we all know deron played much more of a significant role than cp3
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Chris Paul[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]37.6[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]14.3[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td].342[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td].868[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]20.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Deron Williams[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [td].435[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td].323[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td].829[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

Am I missing something?

I know usually people say "numbers arent everything"... but in this case, nothing compares with these numbers.

Oh, and the fact that CP3 had 100+ games with at least one steal; that speaks volumes.

When both are healthy its a coin flip IMO D Will's health issue are starting to get me to lean toward CP3.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by haiti5

yall dudes are jock riding or high..seriously..u gon try to tell me that chris paul is a MUCH better player than deron..i could live with sayin they are on the same level...ill put it like this if deron played for the hornets he would be gettin lebron numbers

qft. i like cp3, but deron is right up there with him. these two pgs are on the same level and the teams they play for fit their style.

i know marvin williams is improving, hawks done messed up
i agree with this. i'm more of a cp3 fan than d.wills but it's tough to say who's really better. the system their in really fits theirstyle of play though.

and gill is nice....just wait.....any minute now

Back
Top Bottom