I don't wanna live no mo...Sometimes I hear death knocking at my front door....

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Once them drums drop....
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

PURE EMOTION.

There is not another MC that could do the things BIG could do...Not 1. The realistic emotion, the storytelling, the wit, the ease that he laid down complexlyrics...dude was mind blowing.

This is the Hustlers Anthem. If this joint don't make you feel a certain way...stop listening to Hip-Hop.

I know how it feels to wake up F'ed up
Pockets Broke as hell another rock to sell
People look at you, like you'se the user
Sellin drugs to all the losers
Mad budhha abuser
But they don't know about the stress filled days
Baby on the way, mad bills to pay
Thats why ya drink Tanqueray
So you can reminisce
And wish...ya wasn't livin so devilish
IIISSHHH
I remember I was just like you
Smokin blunts wit my crew
Flippin Os to 62s
Cause G.E.D. wasn't B.I.G.
I got P A I D
Thats why my moms hate me
She was forced to kick me out, no doubt
Then I figured out nicks go for 20 down south
Packed up my tools for my raw power moves
Glock 19 for casket and flower moves
For chumps tryna stop my flow
And what they don't know, will show on the au-top-sy
Went to see papi, to cop me a brick
Asked for some consingment. he wasn't tryna hear it
Smokin mad Newports, cause I'm due in court for and assualt that I caught in Bridgeport New York
Catch me if you can like the Gingerbread man
You betta have ya gat in hand
Cuz man.......

I disagree with the statements about B.I.G but I absolutely love this song. Hands down my favorite song of his easily.

"I'm seeing body after body and our Mayor Guliani aint tryna see a black man turn to John Gotti"

pimp.gif

....my daughter use a potty so shes older now. Educate her, street knowledge. Imma mold hernow.....

Who you had this type of arsenal in 94 cake?

man this album has some of the best production i've ever heard...

the lyrics go without saying.

This is the Hustlers Anthem.
Track 6, same album, second verse.....thats more catered to me, that verse was the most vivid piece of music to describe where my head was atduring my mid-teenage years and what type of $++! I was on...

But this song is what it is tho. The way 'Juicy' goes right into this is perfection....

94'? Hmmm? How about...

"He inhaled so deep shut his eyes like he was sleepin started cough when I peeked he watched me speak
I sat back like the mack my army suit was black we was chillin on the benches where he pumped his loose crack
I took the L's when he pasted it, this little bastard keeps me blasted and starts talkin mad %%+%..."

He has my vote
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

This is the Hustlers Anthem.
Track 6, same album, second verse.....thats more catered to me, that verse was the most vivid piece of music to describe where my head was at during my mid-teenage years and what type of $++! I was on...

But this song is what it is tho. The way 'Juicy' goes right into this is perfection....
Code:
As I sit back and look when I used to be a crookDoin whatever it took from snatchin chains to pocketbooksA big BAD motheruffer on the wrong roadI got some drugs tried to get the avenue...sold!I want it all from the Rolexesto the Lexus gettin paid, is all I expectedMy mother didn't give me what I want, what the uff?Now I got a glock, makin motheruffas duck#@% is real, and hungry's how I feelI rob and steal because that money got that whip appealKickin _s down the steps just for repAny repercussion lead to _s gettin wetThe infrared's at your head real steadyYou better grab your guns cause I'm ready, readyI feel you on that my G. This album touched alot of hood cats in a real serious way. I ended up buying this album like 4 or 5 times because I messed it up from overplaying it. This was really the sountrack to my teenage years too.

Can't really argue with that at all...

But IMO Nas was wild poetic, no on can match him as far as that....I admired his music. But I felt Biggies.

Nas wrote epic hood tales, he was like a project Shakepeare. He could have been an award winning author or poet if he wanted to.

But to me it just felt like Biggie was born to rap. The way he flowed effortlessly, with that charisma and wit...I never felt that from Nas, still to this day.Son would sell his soul for a "One More Chance"or a "BIG Poppa". He just ain't built like that he's a thinker. You could almosthear him writing in his notepad and crossing out words, until he got it just right.

BIG said things with alot more simplicity, so you weren't really trying to figure out what he was saying....you were making an automatic connection. Bigmade a _ go through a full range of emotions on his joint. From laughing, to feeling some real life anger to your situation, to a deep depression, to wantingto go bag a shorty and get one off...

In 94 Nas was a lyrical master...but he didn't have the full package yet IMO. Alot of the things he picked up...he got it from BIG, so did Hov and EM andjust about every one else.

In 94, Scarface had The Diary, UGK had Ridin Dirty (which had One Day on it, one of the realest rap songs ever), Outkast had Southernplaya..., Nas of course,so yea I cant dismiss all that and say Biggie WAS 94 like that. That had to be the GOAT year for Hiphop....

There is not another MC that could do the things BIG could do...Not 1
What?????? I like RTD & all, but yo....... That statement is a little outlandish.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

There is not another MC that could do the things BIG could do...Not 1
What?????? I like RTD & all, but yo....... That statement is a little outlandish.

I should have said there's not another MC that I could feel, like I did BIG.
But still...what other MCs hadall of the elements that BIG did at a matching talent level?

Originally Posted by avitale8

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Originally Posted by TW3EK

i thought u was talkin bout joey...
smh....
why? im not a biggie fan... i know its his line but this is nt so i figured it would b joey...

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

You don't think Jay picked up a thing or 2 from BIG?

so he cant b better? im sure jordan learned some stuff from previous players...

Originally Posted by TW3EK

i thought u was talkin bout joey...

indifferent.gif
, I don't care how hot MM2 was, that line should beuniversally recognized as a Big opening verse.

^exactly...I was just messin with you though time...
but foreal, when I hear/see those words, first thing that pops into my mind is RTD

i mean i REALLY dont listen to big besides a few songs... his best $%#% to me is "You're Nobody"

Jay better than BIG?

Not even.

Jay's my favorite MC and I think hes the GOAT because no other MCs career can compare to his .... talent wise tho BIG was off the charts.

BIG laid Jay's Blueprint and Jigga had the ability to take the ball and keep it moving. But at the rate BIG was going, the way he was experimenting withputting words together, and the way he was using unconventional flows on his second joint....
smh.gif

Jay said it himself...."If I ain't better than BIG...Im the closest one". We all heard how he spazzed when he heard "Who Shot Ya".

Nas..."I borrowed from both them _s". The only MC he ever literally feared to battle....BIG
You listen to Em at his best and you hear BIG in 96/97, you listen to Beans and you can't help but to hear BIG, listen to any of these R&Bcollabos...thats Chris Wallace, Styles P shock factor mixtape violence...BIG.

There are only around 4 MCs TODAY that can have the lyrical repertoire and can match the quality of Hip-Hop on Life After Death. And he made the 12 years ago!

There are only around 4 MCs TODAY that can have the lyrical repertoire and can match the quality of Hip-Hop on Life After Death.
I think you mean "skill level". The quality of hip hop??? BIG had a lot of BS pop tracks on that album. One's skills & thequality of the music they produce are many times different.
I don't like the tone LAD set for hip hop. I've said that many times (and I'm tired of talking about it).
In todays market, I think BIG would have been a far more skilled version of Fat Joe. Making joints just to satisfy the mainstream (tell me I'm lying??).Doing joints with cats that would have gotten no respect in the official era's of hip hop.
Flame on BK, but there's truth to my statement.

Back
Top Bottom