I Feel Like J Cole's debut will be EXTREMELY SOLID (compared to other XXL Frosh)

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

What the hell? Since when does a rapper need a gimmick to be good? I guess that's what years and years of following the mainstream $$!%%@%* and being forced fed everything will do to ya. Ya'll got the game F'd up.

He doesnt need a gimmick to be good at all, but to be "successful" in this industry, sadly this is what it has come to.

Cole & Jay Elec are the only 2 debuts Im really lookin forward too tho.
Yeah sadly it is that way and a ton of people on NT feel this way which I just don't understand.  They want their artists to be forumlaic and when an artist doesnt fit the certain formula that they have been force fed to accept, they then deem the artists as unsuccessful instead of judging the artist on the quality of music he or she produces.

Illogical and very sad.  SMH

What the hell? Since when does a rapper need a gimmick to be good? I guess that's what years and years of following the mainstream $$!%%@%* and being forced fed everything will do to ya. Ya'll got the game F'd up.

He doesnt need a gimmick to be good at all, but to be "successful" in this industry, sadly this is what it has come to.

Yeah sadly it is that way and a ton of people on NT feel this way which I just don't understand.  They want their artists to be forumlaic and when an artist doesnt fit the certain formula that they have been force fed to accept, they then deem the artists as unsuccessful instead of judging the artist on the quality of music he or she produces.

J. Cole needs to come with something real radio friendly or he will forever be slept on.

J. Cole needs to come with something real radio friendly or he will forever be slept on.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

yall think quality of music = good lyrics tho...

its more than that...

very true.

but i feel he brings that. for me anyway... I think the only reason why (at least i hope) folks want him to make a friendly radio hit is so he can sell records (positive for J.Cole) and put out more albums (positive for me)

its more than that...

very true.

but i feel he brings that. for me anyway... I think the only reason why (at least i hope) folks want him to make a friendly radio hit is so he can sell records (positive for J.Cole) and put out more albums (positive for me)

Originally Posted by jthagreat

its more than that...

very true.

I agree with this but I also think many in general and on this board equate sales with the greatness of an artists when it is not necessarily true.  There are a lot of great/talented who don't sell or never will sell major records.  Whether J. Cole makes radio friendly hits or not has nothing to do with the quality of work he puts out.  His greatness as an artist should be judged on the quality of work he releases along with his live performances not sales.

its more than that...

very true.

I agree with this but I also think many in general and on this board equate sales with the greatness of an artists when it is not necessarily true.  There are a lot of great/talented who don't sell or never will sell major records.  Whether J. Cole makes radio friendly hits or not has nothing to do with the quality of work he puts out.  His greatness as an artist should be judged on the quality of work he releases along with his live performances not sales.

fash better than cole
laugh.gif
cmon nay thats laughable .

A LOT better...

They more or less have the SAME rhyme pattern and scheme, one is just 4 years younger and has a story worth telling...

And his solo debut is EVERYthing you guys are EXPECTing from Cole... Fashawn already proved he could make a GREAT debut... There's no telling if J Cole's %+%@ EVER drops...

A LOT better...

They more or less have the SAME rhyme pattern and scheme, one is just 4 years younger and has a story worth telling...

And his solo debut is EVERYthing you guys are EXPECTing from Cole... Fashawn already proved he could make a GREAT debut... There's no telling if J Cole's %+%@ EVER drops...

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

its more than that...

very true.

well put...but personally i dont want him to make radio friendly music to get more sales perse, but at least be heard by more ppl in different crowds....it doesnt even have to be "radio friendly" just sumtin ppl that like to have fun or ride around in there car to...Hip Hop has too many artists in it for the same ones to be getting the same play over n over again...i feel a cat like J. Cole is talented enough to get sum of the attention, so why not go for it

For example its football season coming up...I wanna play J. Cole at a tailgate or step show outside of "who dat" n maybe now "blow up" i cant really do that... but he got Jigga on his team so he shud be able to find that balance, cuz jay is the blueprint 

its more than that...

very true.

well put...but personally i dont want him to make radio friendly music to get more sales perse, but at least be heard by more ppl in different crowds....it doesnt even have to be "radio friendly" just sumtin ppl that like to have fun or ride around in there car to...Hip Hop has too many artists in it for the same ones to be getting the same play over n over again...i feel a cat like J. Cole is talented enough to get sum of the attention, so why not go for it

For example its football season coming up...I wanna play J. Cole at a tailgate or step show outside of "who dat" n maybe now "blow up" i cant really do that... but he got Jigga on his team so he shud be able to find that balance, cuz jay is the blueprint 

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

its more than that...

very true.

I hear you 100% IKnowRap and I think he will find that balance. 

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

its more than that...

very true.

I hear you 100% IKnowRap and I think he will find that balance. 

Back
Top Bottom