I get made fun of for being a "sneakerhead"

I was gonna post this in the Jordan/Nike Forum, but with all the hectic releases and such, I knew that my post would get blocked. So this is my situation:
The people at my school often refer to me as the "shoe freak" at school. I often get smart alec remarks like "go @+%% and camp for shoes you hobo" or "your such a %@#*@+% for collecting shoes" and so forth. I'm pretty much the only sneakerhead in my high school, so no ones there to back me up at times. Every time I wear my J's, they end up stepping on them, and stealing them from me. So far, I've had my BC3's and my Cardinals stolen. Also keep in mind, that I actually do WORK for my shoes. My parents aren't "rich," and I ONLY get paid for helping my uncle at his restaurant on weekends. However, ever since that incident, I have always worn vans to school.

My teachers often "mimic" themselves trying to step on my shoes. Yes, TEACHERS even make fun of me. One of them took the shoe RIGHT OFF OF MY FOOT and tried pouring acid to show a "chemical reaction" during biology class. If thats not publicly humiliating, I don't know what is. Also keep in mind, I'M ASIAN. So I don't even think about retaliating back, or else I end up with a +%@% grade. I think you guys know what %@!!!$ grade + angry asian mom means. YEAH.

This problem followed me ever since Freshman year, but its starting to get worse. It started off as being "for fun" and "playful," but now I even hear rumors about me getting beat up for my shoes. (That I don't even wear to school after getting them stolen.)
Its never really bothered me to the point where I need to talk to the administrators (until my shoes got stolen), but I just feel like getting someone back just because they insulted me for buying shoes is stupid. I don't wanna beat someone up and get suspended just because of a bunch of shoes.

I consider myself a strong dude, so I don't take it as BAD. But, I also feel like when they insult me, they insult each and every one of us on NT. The passion for shoes that we as a community have, that most people wouldn't understand. Like, seriously what normal person would wait 2-3 hours for shoes? 
roll.gif

They would think its absolutely ******ed. But for us. it wouldn't sound AS crazy. Thats what makes the family of NT.  No matter what race, social class, religion we are a part of, we all share a common passion. I think that's the beautiful thing about this site.

So, I'm not telling you to send death threats, but if you could please give them a PIECE OF YOUR MIND, and show them that throughout this world, there is truly a HUGE COMMUNITY of "shoe freaks," that resides in NT which I am ever so proud to be a part of.  I would REALLY appreciate it. Their facebook pages are below. 

http://www.facebook.com/p...e.php?id=100000636021130

http://www.facebook.com/p...e.php?id=100000386538991

Let me also mention, that they are also JEREMY LIN BANDWAGONERS. If that doesn't piss you off, I don't know what does.

Again, please do not send death threats. I don't want to get arrested/face legal action. I need my Cement IV's and my Playoff 12's before I do. 
eyes.gif

Thanks NT, I really appreciate it. I really do. 
Have a good day.

- Jeremy

Originally Posted by sneakerocity

I was gonna post this in the Jordan/Nike Forum, but with all the hectic releases and such, I knew that my post would get blocked. So this is my situation:
The people at my school often refer to me as the "shoe freak" at school. I often get smart alec remarks like "go @+%% and camp for shoes you hobo" or "your such a %@#*@+% for collecting shoes" and so forth. I'm pretty much the only sneakerhead in my high school, so no ones there to back me up at times. Every time I wear my J's, they end up stepping on them, and stealing them from me. So far, I've had my BC3's and my Cardinals stolen. Also keep in mind, that I actually do WORK for my shoes. My parents aren't "rich," and I ONLY get paid for helping my uncle at his restaurant on weekends. However, ever since that incident, I have always worn vans to school.

My teachers often "mimic" themselves trying to step on my shoes. Yes, TEACHERS even make fun of me. One of them took the shoe RIGHT OFF OF MY FOOT and tried pouring acid to show a "chemical reaction" during biology class. If thats not publicly humiliating, I don't know what is. Also keep in mind, I'M ASIAN. So I don't even think about retaliating back, or else I end up with a +%@% grade. I think you guys know what %@!!!$ grade + angry asian mom means. YEAH.

This problem followed me ever since Freshman year, but its starting to get worse. It started off as being "for fun" and "playful," but now I even hear rumors about me getting beat up for my shoes. (That I don't even wear to school after getting them stolen.)
Its never really bothered me to the point where I need to talk to the administrators (until my shoes got stolen), but I just feel like getting someone back just because they insulted me for buying shoes is stupid. I don't wanna beat someone up and get suspended just because of a bunch of shoes.

I consider myself a strong dude, so I don't take it as BAD. But, I also feel like when they insult me, they insult each and every one of us on NT. The passion for shoes that we as a community have, that most people wouldn't understand. Like, seriously what normal person would wait 2-3 hours for shoes? 
roll.gif

They would think its absolutely ******ed. But for us. it wouldn't sound AS crazy. Thats what makes the family of NT.  No matter what race, social class, religion we are a part of, we all share a common passion. I think that's the beautiful thing about this site.

So, I'm not telling you to send death threats, but if you could please give them a PIECE OF YOUR MIND, and show them that throughout this world, there is truly a HUGE COMMUNITY of "shoe freaks," that resides in NT which I am ever so proud to be a part of.  I would REALLY appreciate it. Their facebook pages are below. 

Let me also mention, that they are also JEREMY LIN BANDWAGONERS. If that doesn't piss you off, I don't know what does.

Again, please do not send death threats. I don't want to get arrested/face legal action. I need my Cement IV's and my Playoff 12's before I do. 
eyes.gif

Have a good day.

- Jeremy
This is general, though.

BUT YO HOW YOU LET KIDS STEAL YOUR SHOES? MAN YOU NEED TO FIX THAT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

Originally Posted by sneakerocity

roll.gif

eyes.gif

Have a good day.

- Jeremy
laugh.gif

nah just you...

Damn, they took you for your shoes tho?
30t6p3b.gif

If I were you I'd just ignore everyone, just be you. 

That or actually stand up for yourself and say/do something back. 

its okay those girls are ugly they are already suffering enough

you needa get your jay's back, dont let people keep you from wearing what you want.
you should be stealing their shoes cuz they are wearing vans.

i think you're trolling tho. would teachers really pour acid on a students shoes????

They're not making fun of you because you're a shoe head, they're making fun of you because you're acting like a goober by letting them get away with it.

People are physically taking YOUR shoes off your feet? You gotta stand up for yourself bro.

Your getting picked on by girls?......... Am I missing something or?
But you need to get your shoes back.

Its okay to be soft

but it is not ok to be soft in public......

Man up a little or just do you. Maybe gain aesthetics before gaining more shoes.

i'm not about that life, but i do know that at high school the worst you can get for knockin someone out is a few days of suspension

sounds like a bully problem.

stand up for yourself man, its the only way theyre gonna stop.

if not then just transfer schools.

Take boxing lessons and steal on someone.

Your father never taught you how to make a fist? Defend yourself, man.

I just have to say that not everyone who collects sneakers camps out for them. I think it's crazy that you want to stand outside of a Foot Locker in the cold for hours just to be first to get some sneakers. If I get them, I get them. If I don't, I don't.

But on the other hand. You know what you gotta do.

37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

C'mon this is so made up.  Acid on shoes?  Really?  You could take legal action against the teacher if that was the truth.  Those girls are probably his friends and this is def trolling.  Why would he complain about people getting violent with him, then link to girl's profiles?

Back
Top Bottom