I got to know, how do yall feel about this dudes music

I'm laughing because Soulja Boy is a clown and changes his style to match whoever's hot at the time. He did it with Waka/Gucci...Wiz with that Ocean Gang %%$%...Odd Future when he did that "Vampire Gang" nonsense...Lil B during the Pretty Boy phase...and now ASAP & Keef.

As for your other comments...I used to be a hip hop elitist...

back in the 9th grade.

Now...I understand that Hip Hop has evolved and sub genres are here to stay. Each one serves a purpose and each one ain't for everybody.

In this instance..."Trap Rap" ain't centered around lyrics. It's hard beats and catchy chants. I understand that...so I don't go into a Gucci/Waka song ready to hold them to the same standards as if I was getting ready to listen to a Jay-Z/Nas song. Different waves.

Like I said...Keef is good for the whip, wilding out in the club, or some %%$% to the hit gym listening to. When I'm in more of a thought provoking mood...there's MILLIONS of other artists for me to listen to. It's really that simple.

As for why he's on the and the next man ain't...that's also pretty simple. Regardless of how anyone feels about his music...he's locked down an entire fan base and carved out a following all on his own. Kanye has always been quick to hop on whoever's hot AT THE MOMENT. Not sure why that's such a surprise. The game ain't built on JUST talent and it never has been.

Ya'll want Jewels and Illinois to be on....support them. Start some street teams or some %%$%.

I'm pretty sure they ain't sitting around talking about "why he on and I ain't". It's a business.

When I want pure ignorance I go to Two Chainz. This is that one hit/ hottest right now meaning for the next two months. Do yall remember Racks on Racks. Fast food rap. Back to bumping TRU Religion.

Originally Posted by tactusjack

When I want pure ignorance I go to Two Chainz. This is that one hit/ hottest right now meaning for the next two months. Do yall remember Racks on Racks. Fast food rap. Back to bumping TRU Religion.

I respect your opinion but Keef is far from the Racks on Racks guy. That dude didn't have a whole project buzzing.
Back From The Dead is everywhere right now.

As for the Racks on Racks guy...the song was written by and featured Future...so I guess something came from that. 

Buncha %+%!@@ complaining.

*yawns*

Dior Paint basically said what I was gonna say.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Ya'll want Jewels and Illinois to be on....support them. Start some street teams or some %%$%.

I'm pretty sure they ain't sitting around talking about "why he on and I ain't". It's a business.
What? 
laugh.gif

Thread was created asking about a song, which -- this is a message board -- led to futher convo/comments/compariables from folks who use their free will to check whatever out.

When this go from negros  being free interns?  Y'all "DMV" kats and what y'all consider actual "support"...
roll.gif
Artists mentioned shouldn't be "sitting around talking", they the actual artist, not the fan.  That's what fans do.

Soulja is now a "clown" but this dude ain't?  Maybe I'm missing something.  What's the difference?  Hot today, "clown" tomorrow...

Soulja created the formula these suckas using and watering down, atleast at his peak he got his bread and historical reconginition that can't never be taken away.  That's *business* chief. 

I would state more, but no need.  

Laughable on so many fronts.

laugh.gif

Whatever dude.

I clearly stated why I called Soulja a clown...but if you want to ignore all of that ok. I wasn't saying +%%! about his "historical recognition".

I relate to Chief Keefe when I take my suit and tie off. Everyone got a ratchet side. I don't like fake shoes, Reggie, playing both sides, ect. It ain't about how he put his lyrics together, its his message I relate too.

P.S Please don't feed into the jabs EOH sends. Just ignore them.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

P.S Please don't feed into the jabs EOH sends. Just ignore them.
laugh.gif

Stay in school slim and stop being so emotional over everything I type (and you ironically must always read and can't ignore). 

I take that back, go TO school.   All of this is general convo about a topic at hand.  These new youngin's. 
laugh.gif

It's not a "jab" if you directly quote/confront/question/respond to a person's stance on said topic. 

Not everyone is as  #passiveaggressive as you are.  Proven on here.  Proven on Twitter. 
laugh.gif

I really bang with Keef...don't think he will have any longevity. Songs like these are a dime a dozen. I wish him the best though, he seem like he's a trouble teen. The reason it was shot in that house was due to the fact he was on House Arrest. Living out them bars...video is a little hot too...spotted 3 hammers.
laugh.gif

Now this dude is beefing with Shy Glizzy.
Who is the Glizzy guy's manager? There has to be a reason he keeps getting his name out there like this.

Originally Posted by HARM

Soulja birthing someone style?!?!?!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NEGROE. PLEASE.

laugh.gif
Again, reading comprehension for those who, lack it...

What I stated:

Soulja created the formula these suckas using and watering down...

Formula = Online Buzz.  Which, is a formula he created and got success from, which has been copied now for years from everyone.

Where does that say "birth someone's style" I don't know.

But y'all FOXNEWS dudes can have it.  
indifferent.gif

Ole' Bill O'Riley %*! n'...

People discredit Soulja Boy influence on this genre of trash music b/c of his street credentials. This is just extreme "Souja" music. They are indeed the same person "musically" I bump the song for the vibe (good stuff for the gym) but not a fan of this type of music be it good or bad. Sometimes it's tolerable it's not like I'm checking for dude. Mixtapes, albums, etc are irrelevant to me. There are artist who don't have dope lyrical skills but still have flow at least. Keep just not one of them.

*raps* NT Beef...THAT'S THAT SIIIIIIIT I DON'T LIKE....*bang bang*.....swag....*cooking dance*....*flashes the hammer while doing the hammer dance*....CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!!

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

*raps* NT Beef...THAT'S THAT SIIIIIIIT I DON'T LIKE....*bang bang*.....swag....*cooking dance*....*flashes the hammer while doing the hammer dance*....CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!!

laugh.gif

the beat was nice... Anyone can blow up these days if u know the right people, all u need is a good beat and hook. But i dont think he will last. maybe a 1 hit wonder if he ever makes it Big.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

There wasn't ONE "trill" broad available for the cam?

Not ONE?!?!?!?

DON'T LIKE.

laugh.gif
I lol'd 
roll.gif

Son is on house arrest... but you right... surprised he couldn't call up one...
Personally, I heard the OG version and was like its 
eyes.gif
... Heard the G.O.O.D. Music remix with Pusha T's extended verse and was able to listen to it more. Maybe its because of the 5 different delivery styles. I can't take Keef's delivery at a constant.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Maybe I'm jive in my feelings, but...

You got a dude named G.O.D. Jewels in the Chi hustling good music for years now, and this is what gets remixed by "G.O.O.D" music on the asap.

Psht.

*logs off and goes back to 90s hip-hop in iPod*
His music is better than Keef's... that said, personally he's garbage too. I can give a ____ if he has substance, dude's delivery is now and always has been garbage.

~ U.R.G.

Soulja is the biter .. bandwagon jumper

Only thing I give him credit for is exploiting the power of the Internet ..

That's it .. he not the first tho either ..

If that's the point you were trying to make then you did a poor $+* job of making it.

Back
Top Bottom